1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Little relaxed today as my DS is feeling a little better (touchwood). Had a horrible last few days, rightly said by Manju mam, when kids are unwell ur both physically n mentally drained.
    Hi Jeniflor, good to here that ur feeling better. Have a nice week ahead.
    Hi Sounds, Hope ur this weeks goes less hectic and nice to hear about ur visit to temple on Mahasivrathri .
    Couldnot do much on Mahashivrathri, i keep fast for the whole morning (usually don't take even water) till evening. Visited temple and broke my fast with fruits and poha.

Otherwise, weekend was only taking care of DS who is still recovering from his illness and side effects of Antibiotics.

1 person likes this.
  2. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hai,My yesterdays update:Got up at 6 AM and cooked sidedish for lunch.MIL prepared food and helped her.Went to office and in the ecening reached home along with my DD. Gave her food and cleared a shelf of my wardrobe so that i could set my DD's dresses there. Had food and played with DD for sometime. Went to bed by 11 PM. abhigail would defenitely pray god for DS's recovery.

1 person likes this.
  3. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

yesterday I was working from home, since Sunday was the festival mahashivarathri and we went to temple and went to in-laws house for lunch. evening visited moms place and came back night with packed food for dinner, so kitchen close :) Yesterday I prepared methi leaves sambar and tomato rasama and went for walk in the evening for 40 min. Today I prepared onion and tomato upma, and masoor dal and snake gourd dal. Will go for walk in the evening as usaul. Have told DD to come back home after playing by 7 PM, from tomm her tests start.

1 person likes this.
  4. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi anupamag,
    All the Best for your DD :)

5. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Thanks Soundvijay. Yesterday went home and had been for my regular walk. 7.30 to 8.30 PM DD was preparing for test with her dad. Then had dinner and slept early. Today morning, prepared Pongal for BF, lunch me and DH will have in office, DD will have in daycare. Today is her computer science test. Hope she has performed well.

Hi to all my friends and let me know how your day went yesterday and today

6. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My yesterday's update:
    Got up at 6 and helped MIL in cooking and went to office
    Reached home with my DD and gave her food.
    Washed out tiffen boxes and played with DD for sometime. Prepared dinner for my MIL and washed the rest of the vessels. Went to bed by 10.00 :). For the past two days planning to go for a walk but not able to do so. Today at any cost planning to go for a evening walk.

7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

Last two weeks had been hectic. My DH had a surgery in his ear, so I was taking care of him for a week. Then after his first week review he resumed office. But have opted for office bus as he was advised not to drive for 3 more weeks . So now having extra duty of dropping and picking DH and DS both at different times. Then Exams for kids etc. for DS it is over. But he is having school since he is in 12th from now. For DD by 18th.

Last Friday took my cousin, aunt and mom for shopping in car for my uncle's sashtiabdhapoorthi, which falls on April 6th. Bought two laudry baskets small and big. Big one to put dried cloth which I can bring down, so that I can fold and arrange in that itself to take it up at one go and put them in respective shelves. Otherwise maid dumps cloth on bed and it gets so wrinkled as they are shifted place to place while using bed. When I am occupied downstairs two or three days clothes get accumulated. Small one to keep clothes for home ironing.

On Saturday, did some re-arrangements in kitchen store room. Fixed a L-shaped single shelf above induction stove. One removable slab in another shelf. Arranged all un opened pockets of provision there, so that I can see what is there better than in cardboard box. Now I got more space in kitchen store room, where I neatly arranged the lunch bags.

PILs are here too this week. Came before sivaraathri. My FIL did 4 kaala pooja at home. I could be awake only for 1 kaalam till 12. My parents came too, my mom was awake the entire night. Myself and DH went to nearby temples in the evening.

Monday : apart from drop and pick ups, went for veggie, provision shopping, milling of wheat and rice flour for nonbu all in different trips.

Tuesday thought to be pretty free, but had to attend few phone calls and was talking for at least each half an hour as they were calling after a while. One among them is my mom's uncle who needed clarifications in computer. It took more time. He used to call me whenever he is facing problems in computer, though I am not an expert, the patience is much sought thing by senior citizens.

Today I am little free. Evening to buy petty things for tomorrow's nonbu. Had a quick nap from 11.30 to 12. Had lunch, now typing this. Planning to complete a designer blouse which I cut yesterday in between calls.

Hope to give you updates regularly by next week.

I have no individually addressed. A big hi to all.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  8. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

My yesterday's update:
    Got up at 6 and prepared lunch and MIL prepared breakfast
    Went to office and reached home with DD.
    Went home and washed the vessels and gave food to DD
    Went for walking for 30 mins atlast :)
    Arranged the bed and went to sleep by 10.30 PM

HI Manjukps :)
    Hope you get settled down soon and wish your DH a speedy recovery

9. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

hello friends,

my c-section is planned on march 24th and i have to be admitted in the hospital on march 23rd. please pray for me and Lo for safe delivery. ​

10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Jeniflora,

All the best for your delivery, have a safe and healthy delivery and baby. Yesterday I was on leave since I had some personal work. Evening went for walking for 25 min, DH had office party so had dinner there, me and DD had curd rice with pickle..too lazy to cook. Today morning work p at 6.15 AM and prepared veg pulav for Lunch for both of us, DD will have lunch in daycare. Put the smae puluv as BF for her. Night I will go and prepare something, anyway Friday, so no tension. Tommorrow morning planning to go and apply for AAdhar card, its pending since long now. All of you have a great weekend..