1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Re: Part II - Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Does anyone know if Quinoa is available in India/ Chennai ?

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes.at around 500rs/kg i think at organic food shops like dhanyam. we also have something similar to quinoa that we call varagu and this is also available and is reasonably priced..

1 person likes this.
  3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

thanks you Lakshmi. yes she is normal now

4. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot manju

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Vanitha, sorry for the late reply..Here goes how I tackle the situation…Hope you find it useful.

DD didn’t sleep even a single day without me from the day 1. I need to tell her stories before she sleeps. Even in the day time I leave her at my MILS place for not more than 3 or 4 hrs until she went to school. And I lost my parents very early so no help from my side. So everything we(me and hubby) have to manage on our own. One month before delivery, I wanted to convey her about my absence of 4 days. But DH didn’t want me to tell this as she would become worried. But I wasn’t convinced. If I wouldn’t have told her, the unexpected thing would make her more anxious. So I told her amma would be hospitalized for just 4 days. So those 4 days she need to sleep with her dad, behave like a good girl etc etc. It would be just 4 days, after that our little boy also come to home so we 4 could sleep together. Though she understood it partially, somewhat she was agreed. But really she is a darling angel, she behaved as she promised. Every evening she visited me and played with her brother , and return home with her father. Later(after I discharged) my DH told, she didn’t visit our neighbors(usually she wanders all the places in our block) even after my DH insisted to go. And in the night when my DH was about to tell story(he never did before), she told that she didn’t want stories and slept it seems.

Yes, the initial few days it was tuff time for me. She took time to get used to the new surroundings, that is the new arrival; sleeping arrangements etc. The major thing is, she threw all the tantrums when I nursed him. I think she felt hard when her mama been close to someone else. But it was just a phase. And I patiently explained everything to her. I told her how I nursed her when she was young as her bro, and why we need to do like this for a baby and all. And every time I insisted that he is her brother and he just come to our family to give more happiness for all of us. I tell all the genuine things with some masala to add the crispiness that’s it.:thumbsup

Believe me, now she can’t think a day without her brother. She loves her brother, cajoles him, pampers him. It’s a scene to watch when she does all these things to her brother. Vanitha, don’t worry these kids understand their mom very well and they wont trouble us much other than their usual naughtiness and naggings. Only thing we have to do from our part is, talk with them and make them understand the situation. After all , we bring their sibling to this beautiful world just for their own sake right. :)

Jeni, belated anniversary wishes..

Kamala mam,Mega thanks for the likings and the wishes.

Congrates guys, for making this thread as a sticky thread..I was expecting this for a long time...so party time for all of us...

8 people like this.
  6. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

thanks a lot kamala mam

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

My Updates:

Washed all the mats, cleaned combs, cleaned the thorough cleaning for the stove..Need to declutter DS's wardrobe..

8. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

thanks prana for your wishes.

Yesterday and today maid didn't come. So the usual plan of cleaning toilets and bathrooms has been postponed to once maid has come.

Saturday -

- 3 times loaded w/m with the clothes, dried and folded
    - cleaned sinks
    - Went to hospital for check-up

Sunday -

- Cleaned DD's cupboards and arranged
    - Prepare lunch
    - Afternoon small nap for 1 hr with DD
    - Evening gave milk to DD and prepare tea for DH and milk for me
    - Went for walking with DD near our flat
    - DD played with friends in the car parking. spent some time with her in monitoring her
    - Came to home, prepare dosa and dal and have dinner with DH
    - Gave corn flakes to DD
    - Seen neeya naana program in Vijay tv along with DH and went to bed by 11pm

today-

- woke up by 6am
    - prepare kanji for DD and feed her
    - have milk
    - prepare breakfast and lunch and pack the boxes
    - cleaned half of the vessels - have to do the remaining in the evening
    - wake up DD and bath her and get her ready for school
    - left home by 7.40am

1 person likes this.
  9. vanithasekar

vanithasekar Gold IL'ite

prana,

thanks for the wonderful reply.. i felt very relaxed after reading this..

now also u will tell stories to her while sleeping??

this sentence is very much true..

After all , we bring their sibling to this beautiful world just for their own sake right. [​IMG]

10. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@prana,manju mam,shanvy mam,kamala mam, viji mam, and every single person on this thread..
    Thank you all..!!
    This thread has been helping me in every possible aspect of life..
    Be it the main aim of the thread to understand time and plan, or
    the life incidents that you guys share that make me feel so ashamed of myself for being selfish and cribbing for no reason at times..
    I have learnt to face life with so much happiness now..!! enjoying every moment and health given to me..
    I used to crib so much to my husband about he working all the time and not spending time with us...but then...
    whom does he work for...its for my happiness...
    it took a while to realise and adjust to married life..

Just wanted to share these with you guys..!!
    I went through a difficult delivery phase and post delivery phase..
    My son had to be in NICU for almost a week after delivery ..in a serious condition.
    We used to visit doctors every day for almost 6 months after delivery for his check ups
    I almost saw hell during those days..
    I was even sent to neuro physio therapy for my son ..just to check if everything was alright (thank god it was all right),..thats when I saw so many...so many parents with disabled children coming for therapy and
    you cant imagine how lovingly and patiently they take care of their children..
    Parents know that it is almost incurable and they are going to face the issue for life..but then such love
    such dedication...I changed...i changed so much after those incidents...
    being patient,being understanding...i still lose out but its just 5%..
    Maybe issues with husband or inlaws or kiddo or anything,.,.i try to be positive n patient in making decisions.
    I learnt to reduce expectations...

Thank you guys for being around...

Hmm now on the cleaning front :

Since my lil boy is in chennai , I had lots of time in the weekend to clean up all the mess.
    I did a full kitchen cleaning ...changing papers,,cleaning every cupboard...and cleaning all the laminates and handles.
    Cleaned all the silver items of pooja room.
    washed all the screens..some 7 to 8 loads in w/m
    arranged all the documents : yes i did follow kamala mam's strategy :)
    completed all the bank work
    cleaned sink

7 people like this.