1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed: How to iron duvet covers, bed sheets, curtains?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by chandni1987, Sep 13, 2011.

1. chandni1987

chandni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Ironing is one of my favourite household chores, but I really struggle when it comes to ironing beddings or curtains using standard iron and ironing board. Double duvet covers are way to big for the board. Same problem with curtains.
    When I try to spread one end, the other is usually dragging on the floor. When I fold it in half and turn it, it simply creases the sections I went over just a few seconds ago, so I'm just wasting my time. It's absolute nightmare, especially that I don't want my clean sheets to touch the floor. I was browsing online to find any useful tips, but can't find anything special that could really help me. I've heard about spraying plenty of starch while ironing. But I'm not so sure about it, cause I like my beddings soft (not hard and rough to the touch).
    Also heard about replacing iron with steamer, but I have no idea how to use it.
    So how do you make you bedding look nice? Any ironing tips or other useful suggestions please..:)

2. vakulamsundar

vakulamsundar New IL'ite

Hi chandni

Best thing to iron the bed sheets is to roll the entire bedsheet and after ironing part by part roll the ironed portions also and then fold twice or thrice and give final touch. This way i try and have succeeded

3. chandni1987

chandni1987 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot vakulamsundar :) It sounds good. Gonna try it in a moment. Best regards