Close [X]
LOG IN
Close [X]
PLEASE LOG IN OR REGISTER

Sorry, you need to be a registered member and logged in to access this page.
Please login or register below.

REGISTER

It's easy, quick and FREE!



Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21
    Prachi.B's Avatar
    Prachi.B is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    City
    Mumbai
    State
    Maharashtra
    Country
    India
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Hello Sunkan,

    Thanks for posting nice tips.

    Can you just tell me what to use for washing cotton clothes as it fades after 2-3 wash.

    Regards
    Prachi


  2. #22
    sunkan's Avatar
    sunkan is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    May 2005
    City
    bangalore
    State
    karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    4,129
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Quote Originally Posted by Prachi.B View Post
    Hello Sunkan,

    Thanks for posting nice tips.

    Can you just tell me what to use for washing cotton clothes as it fades after 2-3 wash.

    Regards
    Prachi
    we have those bleach available in the market which once a week u must soak and wash and always wash the white seperate, only then u can retain for sometime, and sometime if the clothes have been in too much use they loose the color for good it is better to get new ones then..sunkan

    ramana's q and a follows now in blog

  3. #23
    Padmash's Avatar
    Padmash is offline Gold ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    City
    xyz
    State
    xyz
    Country
    China
    Posts
    1,873

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    hi Sunkanji,

    very useful information....i would like to share one ....use vanish to remove stains it will go definitely...i tried for banana stains which i got while plucking fresh banana from plam all that watery type came one and spoiled my churidar...and those stains turned to brownish red which looks so odd and that dress can't be wore next time ....i tried so many things then finally i soaked it in vanish for 3-4 hours and then washed with soap all stains gone...i love vanish...


  4. #24
    hollyhock's Avatar
    hollyhock is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    City
    gnt
    State
    andhra
    Country
    India
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Hello Sunkan,
    Your tips are very helpful and i saved them for future use.I have accidentally washed my daughters white top together with other coloured ones and it got the colour now.Can you please suggest any tip to loose the color and bring back its whiteness.I wonder if i Can use bleach, it has got some dark coloured flowers on it.
    Thankyou.


  5. #25
    sunkan's Avatar
    sunkan is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    May 2005
    City
    bangalore
    State
    karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    4,129
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Quote Originally Posted by hollyhock View Post
    Hello Sunkan,
    Your tips are very helpful and i saved them for future use.I have accidentally washed my daughters white top together with other coloured ones and it got the colour now.Can you please suggest any tip to loose the color and bring back its whiteness.I wonder if i Can use bleach, it has got some dark coloured flowers on it.
    Thankyou.
    sorry holly it is tough pl again try out the dry cleaners they are able to remove most stains..sunkan

    ramana's q and a follows now in blog

  6. #26
    sunkan's Avatar
    sunkan is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    May 2005
    City
    bangalore
    State
    karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    4,129
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Quote Originally Posted by padmatvt View Post
    hi Sunkanji,

    very useful information....i would like to share one ....use vanish to remove stains it will go definitely...i tried for banana stains which i got while plucking fresh banana from plam all that watery type came one and spoiled my churidar...and those stains turned to brownish red which looks so odd and that dress can't be wore next time ....i tried so many things then finally i soaked it in vanish for 3-4 hours and then washed with soap all stains gone...i love vanish...
    thanku padma,
    now that is the question i think vidya24 asked here long back very good feed back hope all others also join and share their experience here..sunkan

    ramana's q and a follows now in blog

  7. #27
    hollyhock's Avatar
    hollyhock is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    City
    gnt
    State
    andhra
    Country
    India
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Hi Sunkan,

    I see that it is the only option.I will try.Thankyou for the response.


  8. #28
    Prachi.B's Avatar
    Prachi.B is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    City
    Mumbai
    State
    Maharashtra
    Country
    India
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkan View Post
    we have those bleach available in the market which once a week u must soak and wash and always wash the white seperate, only then u can retain for sometime, and sometime if the clothes have been in too much use they loose the color for good it is better to get new ones then..sunkan

    Hello Sunkan,

    Thanks for your reply. Will try to use bleach.

    Regards
    Prachi


  9. #29
    prb16 is offline Junior ILite
    Join Date
    May 2008
    City
    xxx
    State
    xxx
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    81

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Dear Sunkan,

    Very informative list. Do u have some trick to remove gum (chewing gum) from jeans> I have removed most of it using a knife, but still some are sticking to the cloth. Thanks!

    Regards,
    Priya


  10. #30
    sunkan's Avatar
    sunkan is offline Platinum ILite
    Join Date
    May 2005
    City
    bangalore
    State
    karnataka
    Country
    India
    Posts
    4,129
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

    Remove chewing gum

    Chewing gum is not my favorite type of candy or sweet thing but the kids sure love it. If you ever look down at a pavement you can see where people have spat out their chewing gum for you to step in. It is a terrible problem for local authorities who are in charge of cleaning it up, as soon as they remove it, someone will replace it.
    I have gathered a multitude of ways that you can remove chewing gum from your hair, clothes and carpets. So read on if you are looking to remove some chewing gum.
    Egg White.
    The white of an egg will remove chewing gum from most things, including your hair. Put the white of an egg on the gum and leave for a couple of minutes. Then work the gum out with your fingers little by little.


    Chocolate.
    This technique will work great if you have chewing gum in your clothes or hair. Melt some chocolate and rub some of the melted chocolate into the gum. The chocolate dissolves the chewing gum's stickiness - so it can be brushed or combed out instead of having to cut it out.
    Mayonnaise.
    Mayonnaise will also remove chewing gum. Simply apply and work it in, gum softens and comes off easily.
    Vinegar.
    Saturate the area that has the gum on it with vinegar. The gum will actually dissolve. If the vinegar is heated first the process will work faster.
    Peanut Butter.
    Simply apply peanut butter to the offending gum and work it in. The gum comes right off.
    Lemon Juice.
    Chewing gum can be removed from clothes if the gum is first soaked in lemon juice and then the clothes are washed as normal.



    vinegar is the best..sunkan


    ramana's q and a follows now in blog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282