1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Eight Difficult Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sunkan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

Eight Difficult Stains and Easy Ways To Remove Them ~
    1. Blood
    This, for me, is the easiest stain to remove. Whether fresh or dried, I just pour hydrogen peroxide on the affected area, wipe the bubbles away and with it, the blood stains.

2. Candle wax
    This stain, I seldom meet, but when I do, I simply sandwich the stained fabric between two pieces of paper towel, and press with a hot iron. The hot iron will melt the wax, and the paper towels will absorb them.

3. Chocolate
    The fastest way to remove chocolate stains is with a tiny amount of chlorine bleach. Just pour some bleach into the cap, dip a ballpen end into the bleach, touch the wet end on the stain and wait a minute. For larger stains, I dip an old toothbrush into the bleach instead of a pen, and brush the stain lightly.

4. Grass
    Like blood, hydrogen peroxide works well with grass stains. Just pour, let it froth, and wipe away.

5. Grease
    I used to think grease stains are permanent until my husband took them out by washing alternately with gasoline and pure dishwashing liquid!
    6. Ink
    This one, I really hate. If you catch an ink stain soon enough, rubbing alcohol usually does the trick. Acetone or nail polish remover is good too. If it's a bit late, try rubbing it with glycerin. If all else fails, just keep wearing the garment, and the stain will fade in time!

7. Ketchup/Tomato Sauce
    My son loves ketchup, so I meet this often. Like chocolate, ketchup is no match for a chlorine bleach. If you are removing stains from a colored shirt, though, wet the shirt first and keep careful watch to make sure the color doesn't disappear with the stain. Rinse the bleach off as soon as the stain is gone.

8. Mold
    Gross, I know, but there they are. To remove mold stains, I use pure chlorine bleach too. Not only does it remove the stains, it also kills the mold and lessens the risk that my kids will get asthma.

!

sunkan

1 person likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Eight Difficult And Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

Thanks, Sunkan for the cleaning tips on molds.
    We even tried with bleach but only to some extent.
    The mold grows quicker in places where the sunlight is not enough.
    Let me try this!

sriniketan

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Eight Difficult And Stains And Easy Ways To Remove Them

pl update with the result, want to know whether i am guiding right here..sunkan

4. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,
    Very useful tips. Saved it into my file.
    Meenakshi Rajan

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku meena. happy it helped u..sunkan

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sungan!
    Those were useful tips. Where do I get Hydrogen per oxide? Have you any good stain remover for 'Beeda' Stains? My hubby constantly stains his hand kerchiefs and shirt pockets with this stain and I have given up on him! I have warned him umpteen times not to put them in his shirt pockets and at last he has heeded to it! Now they have found a new place in his pant pockets! Once it so happened that it was a new shirt he was wearing and the stain got on his shirt pocket! Unusually, he came asking for help from me and I told him I would try to remove with strong liqiud chlorine bleach ( the one used by the Dhobis)! He asked me to hand over the liquid to him and as I was trying to explain to him how NOT to use it, he did exactly that! Loo! The pocket got bleached to white. I warnned him not to pour directly on the stain but he didn't listen! But since he loved the shirt very much he took it to a tailor and got a new pocket stitched in the same colour! One good came out of this incident, he now puts his 'Beeda' in his pant pockets! Atleast it wouldn't be visible if it gets stained!

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear malathi,
    the kolkatans are regular users of paan and they used to get a bottle of ammonia from the street vendors as this was available to meet the need, they also had a passion for white jubba and white dhothi, so try and get them from the chemical shops or hardware where cleaning agents are available, one more to note, try to give him a box a tiny white metal done with filigiri works and let him carryhis pan.
    my dad used to have and not only that he used to ask us to make pan with half pan, which he likes so we learnt slowly how to present a half pan which left him enough to last for the time and the second one was always fresh, packed in wet cloth inside the box which keeps it fresh the minute he went to the office he used to put it in his personal fridge, ur husband can also do that even, other wise u can ask him to keep it that way it will still last because of the wet cloth..hope been of help here..sunkan

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  8. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,

Thank You very much for sharing these tips.Very Informative.What abt the lipstick marks on clothes??

Regards,

Asha

9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Malathy,
    you get Hydorgen Peroxide from the pharmacy itself!

sriniketan

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Sunkan,

Any tips to remove vazhakkai karai? Have a stubborn one. Your list was useful, will definitely use it.Thanks.

regards