1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Roti Maker

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by shobhakautilya, Feb 18, 2011.

1. shobhakautilya

shobhakautilya New IL'ite

Hi,

I bought roti maker a month back in showroom.After few minutes of placing the dough it becomes like papad. Also making dough it gives me small round of roti.. Can any 1 provide me solution for this.

Thanks in advance

shobha kautilya

2. shebu

shebu New IL'ite

shoba, initially samething happened to me also.but now i can make soft rotis . which is d brand? i beleive its tortilla that u bought.they provide a home demo. u can call them and ask

i will give u some tips.the dough should be a bit more watery.timing is the very important thing here ,do as they said.
    use the upper plate for the ball flattening purpose only , the upper plate and the handle should b pressed together and for the rest of the procedures use it like how u make rotis in nonstick pan.

please let me know once u tried this .:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  3. shobhakautilya

Hi Sheebu,
    Thanks for the reply.. My brand is Jaipan Jumbo..They have no home demo sad.I got this in a showroom so even there, i was not given a demo.. if its watery it gets sticked to the upper plate.. dont know what needs to be done now hmm..Any suggestion??

shobha kautilya

4. shebu

shebu New IL'ite

:-( if it is not heated properly the roti will b sticking in the upper plate.
    i dont know wether the precedures r same for all brands.if it is same ,i can help u.

or it is better to exchange this with someother product in the same shope within the time limit.

my friend recently bought one 'sheff master' which is also good.she can make good rotis.as far as i m concerned these roti makers r not fake .

in ampa skywalk mall and bigbazar(express avenue mall)sellrers of 'tortilla' provide a demo . just visit if u can.i am not sure still it is there.

5. anukv

anukv Bronze IL'ite

put some oil while mixing the dough...that should solve the problem.

1 person likes this.
  6. shobhakautilya

Thanks for the input sheebu and anu.. will try and let you know..Any ways its long time back i bought that in skywalk, so no chance of exchange..

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Shobha, Even with adding oil the Roti Maker doesnt make good chapathis. Going the old fashioned way is the best option. I once purchased it and tried to make it all ways. Ultimately I gave up and returned it.Making it using tawa and a belan is much faster and more rewarding.Good Luck.

8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

I have a bad experience too with this roti makers
    first of all i hate chapathis and chewing them and added it becomes more like papads and hate it to the core...tried all tips like making watery kinda paste,oil or milk, nothing worked

9. shobhakautilya

HI all,

Thanks for all the replies..

10. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I too had the same experience. I had Vijay roti maker. Tried many combinations and finally gave up. Went back to the old way. Rotis are much softer than rotimaker ones and stay soft.

The main problem now is, what to do with the roti maker? :bonk

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011