IPL 20-20 Challenge: Read the latest here

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by malspie, Apr 18, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Hi Friends,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]IPL match has begun today and I happen to watch Shahrukhan’s Kolkata Knight Riders V/s Vijay Mallya’s Royal Challengers. With cine stars pitching in the IPL Match was not taken very seriously by most of the Cricket Lovers. Lo!! All those have watched the match today being played at M Chinnaswamy Stadium at Bangalore will eat their words. What a match!! What a Match!! What a target!! Splendid teamwork!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kolkatta Knight Riders swept the crowd with their SIXES AND FOURS with the thundering hooting of the crowd in the background. Captain Saurav Ganguly lovingly called as “Dada” proved he was the best Captain we ever had. In simple words it was PAISA VASOOL. Shahrukh Khan was also cheering his team happily asking his players to accept the BOW for every six and four they hit. It was mind blowing my friends. Rahul Dravid the Captain of Royal Challengers could not control the batsmen of the Knight Riders team with his captaincy and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SIXES AND FOURS POURED LIKE RAIN… [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ask a Cricket lover- Jubliance, claps, whistles and champagne. The towering score 222 was the highest ever made in T20 match and a big target but not out of reach for the talented Royal Challengers. I had confidence in Rahul Drawid the Wall of Indian Cricket but to my dismay he was out in 2 runs. Then the players of Royal Challengers just fell like pack of cards and were finally demolished with a score of 82 all out. The charm of the match was worn out when there was no challenge left in the Royal Challengers team. Vijay Mallya would be a disappointed man today. His boys have let him down.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Brendon McCullum was the HERO who swept more than half of the total score to his credit. A whooping 158 not out was his total and the teams total was 222. The crowd cheered and so did I.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]There were 14 sixes in the match and 13 of them was hit by Brendon McCullum. What a performance!! Cheers Brendon!! Cheers!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He bagged the DLFA Maximum Sixes Award. He also bagged the Man of the Match award.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kolkata Knight Riders won the match by 140 Runs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    SHAHRUKH KHAN IS MERRILY SINGING HEADS UP YO ……
    KRRAZZY YO….

CHEERS TO KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS AND YO TO SHAHRUKH KHAN… He is a happy man today.

LEKIN ABHI BAHUT KEHL BAAKI HAIN MERE DOST……. (STILL A LOT OF CRICKET TO BE PLAYED…)

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Re: Shahrukh Khan is a HAPPY MAN 2day!!!!

Dearie Mals
    Thanks for this commentary. Though I was not aware of such an event reading yur lines i felt like i was right there with u:) And your English Bowawesome my friend:)

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Got to watch the match live here too. What to do cricket crazy family i have. My older one wanted to bunk school. And i had to yank him there with the promise that i will record the match for him.

Yes a superb knock by McCullum. Its going to be an interesting tournament. It was fun to see King Khan dancing up and down.

For those in the US, its being telecast live by Dishnetwork. Cost is 59 bucks for all the matches.

Vandhana

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My Darling AC,

I love sports and cricket is my favourite one. As I enter my home at 8.00 p.m. I switch on to theTV to see if there is any comic show going on and then barge in the kitchen to cook my dinner. It struck me that IPL match starts today and i quickly went to the sports agenda but did not find the match being telecasted in any of the sports channel. I called up my friends to find out which channel it is being telecasted. SET MAX, swtiched on to SET MAX and was glued to the set. During jingles I would run to the kitchen to check my culinary skills he he...

A match worth the watch.. After a long time, cricket lovers were given a treat by the Kinght Riders of Kolkata. Not to forget Brendon McCullum.

Thanks my love for being here.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Van

Howz u dearie!!

Yeah, I got my local cale network disconnected and switched on to TATASKY. I am an ardent sports lover and cannot miss a cricket match and would like to catch up with the Olympics too. I would not mind watching the match all over again, gives lots of opportunities to HOOT. I was going crazzy at home, hooting.. 'LIFT HIM BRENDON" "LIFT HIM".. "BRENDON ANOTHER SIX" HE HE...

Thanks for writing in.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kudos to Chennai Super Kings !!!

Today the mighty clash was between Super Kings of Chennai whose brand ambassador is K. Srikkanth and Kings XI of Punjab sponsored by the pretty actress Priety Zinta and her industrialist boyfriend Ness Wadia at Mohali. Mahindra Singh Dhoni is the Captain of Chennai Super Kings and he again proved that Captaincy is not a burden to him. He led his team well right from the start be it batting or bowling. Mike Hussey’s performance got standing applause and lovable hooting from the crowd; he stood tall with a score of 116 not out. Badrinath’s 31 runs from 40 deliveries was a real support to Hussey. A splendid performance for a match with limited overs. Chennai Super Kings set a score of 240 for 5 that seemed a far off chase for the Punjab Kings XI. With Yuvraj Singh leading their side public expected roars from his bat. Kings XI fight was not up to the mark and the match started tilting in the favour of Super Kings of Chennai who won the match by 33 runs as Punjab Kings XI could make only 207 for 4 at the end of 20 overs.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
    If it was McCullum yesterday, it was Mike Hussay today showering the stadium with sixes and nurturing the ground with fours. K. Srikkant was very happy and so were we; it was a good team effort.
    Khelo Bhai Khelo, we are happily watching.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

IPL Match Deccan Chargers V/s Knight Riders- Shahrukh Khan Happy Again!!!

Deccan Chargers won the toss and elected to bat and could make only 110. It appeared a very low score to chase on but the pitch had a different story to tell. Knight Riders knew the going is tough for them though they had a huge batting line up. A. Symonds did manage to take the total for his team to 110. Knight Riders batting was no threat to the Deccan Chargers and in the middle of the game; everyone felt that Deccan would win.
    The entire stadium is swaying to the music. Yes, my dear friends, Kolkatta Knight Riders won again by 4 runs. David Hussey’s 38 not out hit a huge winning six and took his team to the second win of the tournament. Deccan Chargers gave them a tough time and this match kept the spectators at the edge of their seat. There was no hooting and swaying of hips but more of nail chewing and hair splitting with a pitch that gave unexpected bounce to the ball leaving the batsmen in the hole. The great player Brendon McCullum of Knight Riders who had taken the match in his stride last time could do little here with the constant bounce the ball had and the pitch was not giving the batment enough opportunity to make runs. When the lights went off and the drama added more flavour for the nervous spectators.
    This is called match a nerve jerking match till the last over.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Much was expected from Mumbai Indians, as it was their home ground. It seems that home ground does not seem to be favourable for the team as we observed Royal Challengers lost in Bangalore and today Mumbai Indians were the losers. The stadium was packed and there was much of excitement with constant chanting of, “Ganapthy Bappa Morya” for good luck to come in way of Mumbai Indians. Lord Ganesha had some other plans. [/FONT]
    Rahul Dravid put up a tough fight and the match was not one sided for sure. Robin Uthappa made a decent score of 48 and S Jayasurya scored 29. The batting order of Mumbai Indians did not flare up well and they settled for a score of 165.
    Mark Bouchar scored 39, Rahul Dravid 32, J.Kallis 25 of 24 balls, V.Kohli 23 of 14 balls That waas a magnificient effort. Royal Challengers skewed the bowling order of Mumbai Indians with vengence, as they did not take beating against Kolkata Knight Riders lightly. This win would have boosted their morale and now they are roaring again and all set for the next attack.
    Royal Challengers won the match by 5 wickets.
    Boucher Pollock and Taylor are sharing DLF Maximum Sixes Award. Harbhajan Singh’s terrific effort did not pave results. Mark Bouchar walks away with the well-deserved Man of the Match award.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Kings XI Punjab (Mohali) V/s Rajasthan Royals
    Shane Warne of Rajasthan Royals restricted the batsmen from taking runs as he sent them to the pavilion faster than the time they took to reach the pitch. His 3 for 19 restricted Kings XI Punjab to a total of 166 for 8. The match was played at Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur. Captain of Kings XI Punjab Yuvraj Singh set a tall score of 57 of 34 balls with 6 fours and 3 sixes and was caught and bolwed by Warne again. Remember, Yuvraj was dropped twice and gave way to dig own pit. Sangakkaras 20 from 8 balls with 6 fours was a threat to the Rajasthan Royals Challengers initially. The stadium was packed as the priceof tickets were kept low i.e. less than half of the original price.
    Shane Watson was unbeaten at 76. The match took a close finish with the inexperienced Rajasthan Royals emerging as winners much to surprise of all the spectators. They beat Mohali by 6 wickets. Watson took his team to a win, as they had to wipe from the slate the debacle they faced with Dare Devils and were almost written off by the opposition. Yusuf Pathan and Kaif played irresponsibile strokes and got out. Ravindra Jadeja scored 25 of 36 balls with 5 fours and a six.
    Cheers to Rajasthan Royals!! Good Exhibition of the game.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Deccan Chargers / Delhi Daredevils

This was a wonderful match with many wickets falling down and many quick runs being added on the scoreboard. Delhi Daredevils won the match by 9 wickets in 13 overs. This splendid target was achieved by Virendra Shehwag whose towering 94 not out for 41 balls stood tall with full support from Dhawan who scored 25 runs in 28 balls. Much was expected from the fiery A. Symond. Shehwag clean swept his balls over the fences and in to the stadium for 6’s and 4’s totaling to 30 runs in a single over. Sharma score of 66 runs and Venugopal’s 14 did not help to take the score to a massive title as the wickets kept falling like bricks. There was no nerve jerking watch but lots of enjoyment for spectators who have come to see fire works from the bat. Both Shehwag and Sharma played well.
    [FONT=&quot]Congratulations Delhi Daredevils. It was a well-deserved win. [/FONT]