1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Little Care Could Save A Lot Of Trouble

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jun 16, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

A little care could save a lot of trouble:
    Young mothers have a lot of things to do at the same time, and that is making breakfast and milk or coffee or any other item goes together, now there is a simmer button in our gas stove which is a very great aapadpandhava, why even if u r not in time to observe ur milk would be like a parachute over but not spill, your veg that has to roast will be in the browning and not blackening stage, and the cooker has to be high can’t help it there, but the whistles will keep u alert, now this is for those who always spill their milk in the morning, it is better to get a milk cooker which acts as a double boiler for the milk with a whining whistle telling u the milk is ready…

Now how do u give your coffee to your man, or others in the house, u heat the milk and add some decoction and put some sugar either boil it on the stove and mix and pour in cups and give it or put a spoon after mixing all in the cup and give it to him to stir it himself.. In those days we used to make coffee only in tumbler and davara, now look at the olden procedure, take the correct measure of milk, and now heat it a little as the fresh milk is always boiled together, so the re heating should not be to the same level as the first one, now as the milk has heated up add the decoction and it should be on fire until only the time consumed to get the sugar which is a few seconds, now put the sugar in the tumbler and add the coffee in it, and then mix it well with the tumbler and davara going up and down, not making too much of froth as many don’t like that, it should be mixed just one or two times not to cool off the coffee and by the time the man takes it, usually high above it goes right into the centre of the mouth, as they never sipped those days, it used to have the right heat consistency and there is a personal touch for every thing.

It is better to train the children from young to put all things in places especially with boys, because if your not stringent the poor wife is going to be in trouble, and when calling for alliance may be we should include only ladies who are well versed in keeping the house in prim and proper needed,[ now don’t get mad ladies,] as my son handsome, MBA earning wonderfull carry home package with all amenities good for a family life and so on and on, but one factor he is a [ pig] litters all behind his back and would need some one to take care there.
    Just look what happens when this is missed out when young, as soon as back from school please put your shoes in place and put the socks for wash, now remove the uniform, pl put it in a hanger or if it is for washing put it in the bundle for wash in the basket, now wash change into a fresh clothes and come for your favourite snacks, now if u don’t be alert here, what happens after many years of you as a mother running around doing many things behind his back.

He comes back from work, Takes out his shoes and socks leaves it near the sofa, walks over pulling at his tie or his shirt goes into bedroom throws his shirt and pant on the bed, changes over and you find his lap top also on the centre table, his helmet in the front room, his jackets lying on the second room and his lunch bag also inside his laptop bag or somewhere near, walks in his banian and shorts picks up to make coffee and u find all the things on the kitchen board next to the gas littered with sugar box, filter, milk boiled over, and he is smiling, honey! I made coffee for u too, u are all smiles vow, that’s great, it is only when u go inside with the empty cups u know what the mess to be attended to immediately. Now tell me ladies, do u agree here or not…regards sunkan

2 people like this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sunkan,

this is true but now a days we can find ladies doing same, only at weekend you can find house clean. ok, what is davara, is it that traditional coffee filter made up of two tumblers?

1 person likes this.
  3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear padma,
    here i have pasted the picture the tumbler u know the katori type next to it is known as davara...regards sunkan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

as pointed out by Padma, it is true in our house that girls had to be reminded or yelled at times to be clean and tidy but my boy he keeps everything in place (maybe because he remembers all the yellings going around) but for my husband, you can imagine. sometimes he is alright but sometimes we will be searching for the things all day long. About me, everything must be in its place but how can I be with the other members who do not co-operate?

Sriniketan

5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sunkan,

thanks for the picture i didn't see that day when u posted it today i saw when u r in hospital.

bye
    padma

6 people like this.
  6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Sakhi,
    I fully agree with you... Boys have to be trained to do things on their own... and at the right time... It will help not only themselves...but their spouses as well... Good post!:2thumbsup:

7. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I fully agree that boys need to be trained at very young age.I t really helps them.Most of them go abroad to work or study.I t is good if they learn to help themselves.

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear srini,
    perseverance pays off, u need to be at it, they may also call you names but keep at it, for their future..sunkan

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hey viju,
    that includes ur little ones, u mean u have trained them enough now...hahah just joking da..sunkan

10. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kanaka,
    when we have grand parents around they always say, avan ambalai avane vidu, u do it, is the handling where they are concerned and children also think that it is life, and then suffer and complain when the spouse arrive..sunkan