1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I re-cyclable..um..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

Today my son asked me when my birhtday is and I answered him, sincerely for which he replied that he is going to celebrate it good..

I asked him what are you going to do...he didn't answer immediately but after sometime he went out of the room, uttering..'recycle'...:shock:
    I asked him, are you going to recycle me?:hide: to which he answered no, mom and then went away casually, without giving any answer for how he is going to celebrate my birthday..bonkno clue till now...shakehead

(You must be wondering where in the world did he get that world--recyle...it is all because of his craze over 'going green'.. always talks about recycle, what and how to, conserve energy, and everything related to 'going green'.)

But that word 'recycle' made me think :spin how we can 'recycle' ourselves..

In the department of re-use..our organs can be donated and thus be re-used, but some can only be donated after we leave this world.

But for re-cycling...it can be done while we are still alive..(of course that is the only possible way..Big Laugh)
    It has to be totally transformed to another shape and use...

Regarding our recycling of physical appearance, we can transform ourselves to some extent by doing excercises, yoga, etc..thereby recycling or donating our out-sized clothes..Big Laugh
    When we want to recycle our inner appearance, what we can do..:idea
    Throw all the thoughts which bug us and give us sleepless nights, worries, our anger, our hatred and so on, into the 'recycle bin' and fill our mind with good thoughts, do good deeds, serve those who are in need, learn lessons from the failures, think that there are many ways to solve all sorts of problems, adhere to non-violence, be true to yourself.
    In a nutshell, acquire those qualities which would bring peace to our inner self..:yes:
    Then we can find ourselves transformed and 'RECYCLED' in a useful manner to the society and also to the world, as a whole and to ourselves, in particular..

Do you agree?:coffee

sriniketan

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear BharKavi

you have outdone yourself with this post! WoW, enna gyanam!
    Kudos to your son to thinking about "going green" and trying to conserve energy. You sure have a very philosophical approach ( unlike me) to day to day happenings and interpret them in such a simple way.
    What a wonderful way to acquire positive thinking by recycling all the negative ones. In this case, we don't want to donate the negative thoughts to others , we just have to erase them from my minds.
    Bravo!

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sri,
    Golden words about ur recycling ourselves.
    When we want to recycle our inner appearance, what we can do..[​IMG]
    Throw all the thoughts which bug us and give us sleepless nights, worries, our anger, our hatred and so on, into the 'recycle bin' and fill our mind with good thoughts, do good deeds, serve those who are in need, learn lessons from the failures, think that there are many ways to solve all sorts of problems, adhere to non-violence, be true to yourself.
    In a nutshell, acquire those qualities which would bring peace to our inner self..[​IMG]
    Then we can find ourselves transformed and 'RECYCLED' in a useful manner to the society and also to the world, as a whole and to ourselves, in particular..

I am going to take a print out of the above said words,so that I will read them first thing in the morning,wonderful words!
    love
    mithila kannan

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear srini mam..

wht a wonderful writeup ... " INNER APPEARANCE" really good words...

i agree with mithila kannan's FB too...

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

You know Lord Vishnu is called by a thousand names maybe even more... here we call you Big B or BharKavi!
    This thread is proof of your inherent inner talent:clap
    The very simple way you have described an important matter.. and your son takes a lot of credit for his good intentions
    Above all I enjoyed the recycle point.. Hope I retain that in mind and not try to recycle that as well....

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Bhargavi

Wonderful write up as Mythili said Golden words. I agree to what
    Sunderusha has written also. Enjoyed reading the write up.

with love and blessings

viji

When we want to recycle our inner appearance, what we can do..[​IMG]

7. Sriniketan

Usha,
    I don't think I deserve that much praise...

I was thinking through this one, because I had to wait and get my daughter..no other way to pass the time..:)

Nowadays, my son is going crazy and asks me to buy the composter from the Sam's club, he even advises to throw the veg and fruit peelings to the plants where it plays the role of an organic fertiliser...

Negative thoughts had to be discarded...no donations please..tsk mm..mm.

sriniketan

8. Sriniketan

Mithila,
    I am bowled by your fb..
    If these words are going to be printed., then...I don't know what to say...
    You are making me go :spin and look for the approriate words...but alas no words from my dictionary...:hide: except to say., you made my day...

sriniketan

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

The composter is a good idea. I have written a thread in the Gardening forum about it.
    Nowadays we get all kinds of fancy compost containers in the market.

10. Sriniketan

Vahee,
    I am glad that you enjoyed it..
    Mithila's words are encouraging isn't it...

sriniketan