1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Real Happiness !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Aug 19, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Nithin and Preethi were excited and had lot of fantasies about their school vacation… They came back home with tons of happiness after finishing their final examination. For every vacation their father takes them to a new place and makes them happy. Nithin and Preethi were teenagers of 13 and 15 years , but they were not influenced much by age and they didn’t act like other teenagers ..they were pretty matured .They learnt a lot from their parents .They admired and adored their parents a lot for their valuable characters and Love.

Mr.Ram came home with lot of Ethusiasm.Both the kids hugged Ram and started talking about the vacation. Ram asked them to pack their stuffs and informed them they will be starting the trip in couple of days .This time a new place instead of a hill station. Let it be a surprise for you both, said Ram . Nithin and Preethi were wondering what was the new place .

Cheerfully they packed their dresses .There was a pleasant cool breeze all the way in the ECR road .The Whole family enjoyed their drive munching home made snacks, listening to melodies, laughing all the way, making the trip memorable.They reached <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pondicherry</st1:place></st1:City> in few hours ,they stepped into the beautiful beach resort and refreshed , their mom took rest and asked Ram to take the children out.

Ram drove his car to a building surrounded by many trees and bushes.. Both the kids were surprised to see the place ,Ram took them to a room where the kids glanced each other seeing the name board. Dr. Helen Samantha…Dr.Helen welcomed Ram and his children with a broad smile…. They took their seats Ram introduced the children ,Dr.Helen . these are my kids… Oh !! These are your two gems how Lovley Welcome my dear !! exclaimed Helen .

We will be here for another one week.. We will be helpful to you and this organization as much as possible said Ram. Both the kids understood now what was really happening… We will render our service from tomorrow Mam, along with my wife. He handed over a bag full of used dresses and biscuits to the Helen . Im happy Mr.Ram,You have donated money many times for the welfare of the Ashram and now you are in person with family to serve these children. May you and your family be blessed always !! They left the room accepting Dr.Helens's wishes .

The kids didn’t talk all the way to the resort… They went silently to their room. Ram came towards them ..He smiled, and asked the kids… Now did you guess what we are going to do for this vacation.Hmm Ya !! said Nithin.. We know.. we are going to that Ashram from tomorrow to help the challenged and orphan children . Yes you right my BOY exclaimed Ram !!!. But Daddy.. we are here to be happy and to enjoy the vacation.. How can we be happy when serving those challenged kids….asked Preethi in a sad tone… Mrs.Ram answered Preethi's Question.. Yes Preethi ,You are right we are here to spend the vacation and be happy.. You can enjoy in beaches and other places all the evening and help the children during the morning and afternoon hours..

You will come to know what "Real Happiness" is after this vacation added Ram. The kids made up their mind and obeyed their parents ,and started helping the children from the next day !! They felt something strange for the first two days but things changed ,they whole heartedly rendered their service to the children, they started loving it !! That was the last day of the week Nithin ,Preethi and Ram returned to the Resort ,Mrs.Ram was packing for their return journey. How was your vacation ? asked Ram to Nithin and Preethi.

Both the kids Hugged Ram… Daddy !!Thank you very much for bringing us here… Our heart is filled with love and happiness that we made those children laugh and play , we even taught new games ,really its a blessing to see the smiles in their faces. We also realize how much God has blessed us with a wonderful life and parents ,we thank God for that for being so grateful to us !! Please Daddy… we want to spend some more days here and work in the Ashram.. Mr and Mrs. Ram was really amazed seeing their children .

Dear Children.. I want to show you the other side of the world also.. You should know something important in life.. Happiness is not just freeking out in pizza huts and star hotels ,shopping in Malls, buying a costly dress or Jewellery, driving in an expensive car , chatting and hanging out with friends, leading a luxurious life or having loads of money with you all time...

Making others happy by helping them is the greatest happiness in our life !! That’s the Real Happiness !! This will surely add values and shape you into a good human !! which in turn gives a humane Society !!

Love your fellow people and help them as much as you can whenever you get an opportunity…!!
    Love is GOD !! GOD is Love !! Service to Mankind Is Service to GOD !!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Oh my god Brindha U grabbed my tagline I always say to myself that Love is god..

This is a Powerful msg dear..I think this time no need to appreciate u again n again because u deserve it...I had a trademark on your stories,if I eye on thm I will definetly read them because u know what i am going to say again..They are simple and straight with out adding masala ..that's y I love reading ur story's dear..

Kiitos for Wonderful story with a wonderful message.Bow

Hugs,
    dg..

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    Beautiful story dear! I strongly agree with you that, parents are the sculptors in shaping a kids moral and social responsibility.If all parents could act as Mr & Mrs. Ram...then the world would so full of great people!

You have penned it beautifully well.So you deserve a :kiss and also a place in the FP...cyaaa. i'm going to FP forum to nominate this wonderful piece by you!

4. anupamakalyan

anupamakalyan Senior IL'ite

Good one brindha....
    Theese daays I actually see this awakening to social cause by people in many walks of life....Great that you discussed it here

Cheers!!
    Anu

5. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Very nice story with a moral....
    Good one....these values should be instilled in children by force during childhood only then when they become adults they become socially responsible and can be proactive about buying happiness but such lovely deeds!!

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear BK,

This is a piece which is very close to my heart. I always believe that kids should know the realities of life too.

Though I have mentioned in my earlier posts also, but wanted to add here that my younger dd when she was 4 -5 yrs, used to waste lot of food. All our pleas, scoldings could not change her habit. Finally one day I decided to take both of them to an orphange and explained to them that how the small kids lead their life. Touch wood......... after this till date she does not waste her food. She also has got a habit now, that whatever dresses she has outgrown, she keep it for the small kids at the ashram. After collecting a lot, I deposit them in the orphange.

Thanks BK for bringing this here that too with such an important social message. That is the reason you are always in FP.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  7. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hey Brindha,

you always come up with something very unique and i find this the best........Wondeful narration, lovely expression, Odely.....Great dearie........

Wish to see more from you.....

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

good one brindha,kids should be made to experience the realities as soon as they are capable of understanding these things...otherwise they will run only behind materialistic pleasures...i am sure there are parents like mr and mrs ram...lovely message...u have so many dear and u express them thru touching stories...
    love
    Mindi

9. maithreyi

maithreyi Senior IL'ite

Dear Brindha,

Well narrated.

Its not enough if we just talk and give lecture about the charity and social service to our kids. Like the parents in the story we have to plunge into action with our kids to make them feel and realize the other side of the world.

10. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

hi...
    the narration was good. it was realizing about the real world..
    thanks for a nice post.

regards
    UmaComputer Typing