1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Contemplations of a septuagenarian

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Contemplations of a Septuagenarian

After reaching the twilight stage of life I wonder, if at all, I achieved any thing in life, what is that? Has my life been a worthy one? Did I perform my duties to my family in a fruitful manner? Had I been a good mother to my children, a good wife to my husband, a good daughter to my parents and a good citizen in society?
    I think that I was a good mother to my children though I cannot boast that I was superior. I gave them good education and was supportive to them in all their endeavours. My DH admits that I was a good wife to him. I stood like a pillar beside him throughout the ups and downs of the journey of life. I took care of his mother from the time I entered her household as her d-i-l. I served her to the best of my ability when she became an invalid. I also took care of my mother when ever I had the opportunity to serve her. I was blessed to be at the bedside of both of them, when they breathed their last.

Now what are the criteria for a good citizen?
    -Obey the law
    - Vote every time you have the opportunity
    - Look out for those who are less fortunate than you
    - Pay your taxes

-Oh, Yes, I am a law abiding citizen.
    Yes, I never failed to cast my vote so far.
    I try to help the less fortunate when ever possible.
    Though I do not come under the tax net, we pay our house tax and other service taxes regularly.
    Above all, I feel the most important duty of a good citizen is to raise their off springs also as law abiding good citizens. I feel that I am successful in this matter.
    The last but not least is, sharing my life’s experiences with you all. We had experienced all the tinsel story experiences like murder, kidnap, waylaying, communal riot, tragic fire accident, robbery and what not. We braved all these with a strong heart, through God’s Grace.

Am I right? I wish that you post your views.

2. maithreyi

maithreyi Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam,

Only recently i joined here.

While reading your thread, tears started rolling down...madam, what else you want to achieve? You are a perfect woman...a complete woman...you are dutiful...you shouldered all the responsibilities...understanding wife...wonderful daughter...affectionate daughter in law...lovely mother...awesome granny....pillar of strength of your family...a responsible citizen....what not...you have played all the roles given to you by God in different stages very well...in short i can say you are a role model for all the ladies around here...I am very proud of you madam...IL is very lucky to have such people to guide us...

seeking your blessings...

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

I firmly believe that whatever the supreme sould has decided for us...we become so.

From our side if we realise that we are on the wrong and do not try to change our ways then we are not worthy. But if we have been a good human being and a good citizen as you mention then i am sure that atleast we have the self satisfaction that whatever we did atleast we took care not to hurt others...but made people and our surrounding better place to live with.

You seem to have fulfilled all your duties so deary enjoy and keep doing what you think is right.

And keep guiding us or showing us a path thru such great posts.

Roopa.

4. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Maithreyi,
    Your first and prompt FB truly touched my heart. But your depiction of role model, seems to be a superlative adjective and I feel I am not worthy of it. I wish that I could have done a lot more to my family and the society. But being an introvert I feel that I missed a lot of opprtunity. I bless you deep from my heart and may God Bless you with everything for a happy and contented life,
    Love,
    PS

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Pushpamam,

I definitely wonder why you have titled this as contemplations instead of accomplishments

You have been a great mother, grandmom, wife, daughter and above all a great human being who has been setting great example for lot of us.

Dont contemplate, you have lived life queen size.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Roopa,
    I have nothing to complain though I had ups and downs in life. God was very Gracious and benevolent with me. He gave me the strength to tide over hardships and misfortuens.I really feel lucky. thank you for your FB,
    Love,
    PS

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear pushpa mam,
    shanthi has said it beautifully...u are a success..please do not have any doubts re it...all the roles u have done to perfection..what more could one want..nice to read such contented people...do enjoy life happily doing what U like best...
    love
    Mind

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Shanthi,
    The love, affection and the respect you are all showing to a humble person like me, really makes me very emotional and my eyes are filled with tears. My world has become very wide after I enrolled myself as a member in IL.
    :hatsoff:hatsoff:hatsoff to you all for your kindness and appreciation.
    Love,
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Mindian,
    People like you make my day by your encouragement and appreciation. Thank you dear for your kind wishes,
    Love,
    PS

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs.Pushpavalli,
    contemplations from you....there is no need for that and as other ilites put out, it is the accomplishments...
    Even I do contemplate from time to time...depending upon the circumstances, nowadays it is the 'teen world' at our place...so much more to contemplate,
    my parents are in India and we are here....reason to contemplate..
    I hope I am good wife...and a good dil...(this is according to my point of view..Big Laugh)

We are lucky enough to have people like you to guide us through the path of our lives..

sriniketan