1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love of a Husband !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Aug 12, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

The urban hospital was overpacked…Limited number of doctors were rendering effortless service to that hospital,struggled a lot with the facilites available to save the patients..The emergency ward was always full….

Mr Ranjan, entered the hospital entrance with pale and terrified face pushing the stretcher not willing to take his eyes from his wife. Mrs.Ranjan lied unconscious ,they rushed to the emergency room.Doctors fastened their work and started testing…The chief doctor gave a big test list to his assistant and asked Ranjan to wait for 2 hrs and the team left......

Ranjan was fully arrested by the unexpected shock… his eyes moisted seeing his wife in the bed…He bent down clutched her feet and kissed , his droplets wetted her dry feet. He sat beside her…He knew something was wrong with his love..it was a tough time for him to see his wife breathing through ventilator. His heart and lips prayed for her recovery .Tears rolled like reflex action.. He took her hand kept his hand over that and called her in a whispering voice …Darling !! Why are you still sleeping…? I know you can hear me dear…You have not let me cry anytime dear.. See… Now im crying because of you…? He took her soft hand and kissed ...

He started talking to her like a small child ...Do you remember our first meeting dear…Its still enduring in my memory cells !! Open your eyes and see this..Do you know what's this.. ? The first love letter you wrote to me .. He showed a languished paper from his wallet..Its a precious gift which I till preserve…Don’t dare to leave me alone in this world..I want to see your smile till I die baby..I cant even take a coffee without you !! You are my world and soul ..he broke out and cried like a baby holding its mother's hand !!

The Doctors came ..Im sorry Mr.Ranjan to say something negative to you..Your wife is now in a vegetative state…She can survive only with a life support machine…She can live for years with this support, She can also live in fluids but she will be be alive only for very few months..She can die peacefully ..!!

Due you want her to die..? Mr.Ranjan lost his control and was in high pitch now…Put her in a ventilator..!!! you know something she has 16 grandchildren and moreover Im still alive..here. The Doctors were speechless....

Mr.Ranjan came back to his wife..He looked his wife with a deep breath… Her silver hair touching her forehead smoothly like a cool breeze, her wrinkled face ,her week closed eyes.. her antique body inside her dress.... He bent down and kissed her.

The whole Doctors team was stunned seeing the 90 year old man and his 88 year old wife…They were astonished and were admiring the pure love of the perfect couple. That too the old man struggling to get his wife back.... Ranjan took his seat near his wife….and started talking to her again , the team left the room with silence…
    We celebrated our 60 th wedding anniversary last month….you and your love was the same as I saw you on the very first day.. Im still wondering the reason my dear.. why are you lying like this..? What made you to leave me alone...?

Fight dear !!..Fight for me..come back to me my love…The strength of our love will bring you back to me…You are a devoted wife, I wont let you go…Can you hear me my darling…. ?? He whispered in her ears..

My love will make you smile again..I want to see your toothless smile my dear.. It’s a treasure for me..!! Come back !!!

The Abiding Love and determination of the old man will surely bring back his treasure ..!! Because Only Love can do Miracles !!!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
    sindmani likes this.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Bowto you Brinda for coming up with such lovely posts.

Yes love can do miracles....and hope she regains consciousness for the sake of her loving husband and family.

Roopa.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    Beautiful Piece..yes only Love can do miracles.It cant be compelled , but has to flow unconditionally.
    The unconditional love of Mr.Ranjan will get his wife back!

Good Job Buddy, well writtern.

4. umarao02

umarao02 Senior IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    that was very good to read.
    Love only can do miracles ......It is true that elderly people need each others company and special love from their spouse......having lived most of their lives together...they know everything about each other and love just intensifies as time goes by....
    So just love the people around you more and live happily.......
    cheers,
    Uma

5. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

Yeah... me too agree..!!
    Love can really do miracles.. we feel as if we are in troubles for our Loved one's troubles..!! The story was narrating abt the oldies...but really i feel for them...they cant be alone after they loose their partner ..! What iff God gives Mortality to the Lover beings here...!! I wish so...!!
    Thanks for the Nice post..!!
    Cheers
    Uma

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    You write and move the reader to tears, having read the first few lines I was under the impression that Ranjan couple were just married, God bless them and you for hving brought this piece here!!!

7. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

Thankyou so much for stepping in and giving a first FB dearie.... Im moved by your FB.. Yes love can do Miracles always !!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindha,
    nice to read of the love shared by an old couple...i was surprised to hear that my grandfather wrote a poem on my grandmother after she died...they had spent nearly seventy years together...reminded me of him
    love
    Mindi

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindha,

A touching piece really, as only u can write.Rajan loved his wife very much, so touching to see them like them.wish more people were so caring in this heartless world.

Regards.kamal

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Brinda,
    Once again a very nice one..this love would surely bring back Mrs.Ranjan..

Only love and faith can do miracles...

sriniketan