1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Umaachi and I – Same pinch !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Umaachi and I – Same pinch !!

A star, well known and well celebrated, was shared by me and Mrs.Aandal :wink: yesterday. Oh yes. Yesterday was Aadi Pooram (my star) and in these two decades of a fruitful life, I felt the Divine very near me yesterday, answering all my prayers directly!! :bowdown

Being selected through campus programme during my final year and unaware of the fact that it will take too long (more than 3 months now) for receiving my call letter, my parents purchased a dozen of dress materials for me this time; First of its kind and an unusual occasion too. It has always been the tradition that we celebrate star birthdays with mouth - watery and saliva - invigorating amma touch ChakaraPongal and other sweets and savories. Harhar

With a dozen of dress materials, I was baffled as to which one to wear (as it was my very first experience), hence gave darling appa with a humongous Witsend task of selecting the best one! Appa as usual asked my favorite. Since we could not get the right baby pink combo, my collection was without that color, hence told appa that “obviously if pink was there, then the whole collection would be kept aside”. Appa flashed his composed smile. Calmly he put forth “if the natural Green was there, it would have been my selection”. Alas, no green also this time. With a tender agreement, appa started his work. My mom, granny and I had to wait for as long as half an hour for the “judgment second”. Appa finally got hold of “Kerala type” Salwar and I took that when I went for an oil bath.

After prostrating my parents and pati, we started to Nanganallur Aanju (Hanuman’s nick name). The 32 feet Aanju always had left me with a dazzling experience and the consecrated “Sri Ram Jai Ram, Jai Jai Ram” still rings in the hallowed atmosphere. Yesterday Aanju was clad in a baby Pink Panchakajam with the lush Green border. The silent signal between me and my dad brought out tears of happiness in me and I thanked the Lord for being with me and listening to my intuitions with deep care and interest. Did a same pinch and left the sannidhi with a contented smile. :cheers

When we just started our pradharshanam, we could hear the naadhaswaram and the ketti- melam together sounding the “Dum Dum Dum” auspicious beat. We relished the marriage of Mr.Ram and Ms.Seetha. Yes, the divine got married (a couple had arranged for Godly marriage) and we were the witnesses for their marriage. (True witnesses, since we were asked to touch the mangal-soothra and bless the Divine couples). It alleviated my conscience and for the second time in the day I felt the Divine blessings. :clap

We then moved to my favorite Kichu :kiss(Venugopal) sannidhi and to my surprise Kichu was clad in the same dress as I was!! Yes. Not an iota of lie. As I write this, tears flow through my cheeks and my hairs rise up in astonishment. Kichu and I were in the same half white with golden bhutta type Kerala dress and with almost the same design. What else could I ask for from the Divine? I then assured myself that He is watching me continually and is there by my side listening to my thoughts. Clapping hands with Kichu (though mentally) as a sign of Hi-fy and tasting the cashew flavored Venpongal, with the lingering memories of the Great Height we reached our home sweet home.

In the evening I got a chance to attend Sai Bhajan very near my place and I wore my old but favorite violet color Salwar, when my mom and my friend (who always drags me into such activities and came that day to pick me up for the Bhajan) annoying said “innikuma inda dress” (even today this dress?). I did not know why they said in that tone but I reciprocated with a smile and waved off to my mom and left with her. It was dusk and Swami again blessed me with his presence. As soon as we entered that devotee’s home, Swami’s clad around material made my friend exchange glances with me. It was the same color as mine including the print. My goodness. I whimpered out of happiness. :bowdown

Umaachi and I – same pinch throughout the day. Thus made the start of this auspicious year bliss filled one. Divinity is what we relish from our inner conscience. Once completely felt from the inner atmosphere, the realm of the physical atmosphere too can experience the same. My conclusion drawn from yesterday’s experience. What say? Same pinch ???

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

1 person likes this.

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

In childhood days when two of us wear the same color dress we used to sing chorusly:

Same Same Sweet
    Give Me A Treat.....

No better treat can be given to you by anyone rather than this ....Can understand your joy and fulfillment..

Njoyed ur writeup...Keep posting...

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,
    Wonderful...same pinch than..what more can you ask for...and His blessings are always there with you..it is His way of showering His blessings...
    One more 'same pinch' to you...my daughter is also of 'your nakshatram'..same pinch dhanae?
    If you had come that close to Nanganallur Anjaneyar temple, you could have told me...I could have given my parents ph.no..and paid a visit ...
    Please let me know next time of your visit...they live near by...

Last but not the least....Happy Birthday Ramya...(accept it though a belated one)

sriniketan

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Happy Birthday to you and to UMACHI TOO...

Enjoyed your writeup !! Beautiful..... Wishes to you ...

With love,

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya
    This is indeed a master piece from you.. I am totally enthralled with your wisdon at such an young age.. Indeed God is more blessed to have a devotee like you..

Your lines.. "Divinity is what we relish from our inner conscience. Once completely felt from the inner atmosphere, the realm of the physical atmosphere too can experience the same"

is alone worth an FP nomination which I ran an did. God bless you dear and many happy returns too..

6. anukvs

anukvs Senior IL'ite

Happy Star Birthday Ramya.

Can see that you had a great day... and may the following years and many years to come bring happiness to you.

Anu

7. skavi

skavi Senior IL'ite

Happy Birthday Ramya...

U got the best gift from God on ur special day..U had seen his presence every where today, that makes our belief more stronger .

All The Best For Ur Future....

Skavi

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya,

Thanks for sharing this amazing experience of yours with all of us.

What you experienced is no less than a miracle and God has told you in His own way what a loved child you are.

Belated Birthday greetings to you and congrats on making it to the FP.

L, Kamla

9. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Excellent writeup.That was indeed a blessing from God.Such divine coincidences make us aware of God's presence.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

regards

meera

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Ramya,
    first of all a belated very happy birthday...looks like u had a great day...and hey loved your pet names for the umaachis...after all god should be ones BEST friend ,no?....loved your write up...

Mindi