1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Additonal Apparel !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Aug 2, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

The streets of main bazaar were over flowing by people of the city... All the shops and complexes were occupied, and the shopping for the next day ,the one and only Diwali Festival was in its peak…
    Sahana with her parents and two sisters was in a small shop with enthusiastic smile choosing her dress.. Kavitha , her mother reminded the budget again to her daughters . Sahana father had a bonus of Rs.2500 and for dresses he allotted Rs.2000 .

After choosing her dress Sahana claimed another dress for her…. Seeing her behaviour Kavitha was irritated and warned her not to demand ....But Sahana was persistently saying the same and started to cry … Kavitha was shocked and wondered to see Sahana infantile ..She knew well that Sahana was matured enough for her age..She was hardly 12 years but she realized how much her father toiled in the mill for the family and also her mom helping financially to the family by teaching music to the neighbouring kids , Sahana was a very responsible girl ,but her behaviour in the shop was strange to Kavitha .
    Sahana was really making a scene in the shop now....Kavitha couldnt convince Sahana and also feared that the other two girls will follow her if she continuous the scene for some more mintues…. She thought of solving this problem before her husband comes from the wash room…. She accepted Sahana’s claim sacrificing her saree….

After Dinner the house was left in darkness and silence… Sahana came to her mother.Kavitha was still angry with Sahana for her behaviour in the shop..She couldn’t digest Sahana’s impulsive act !! Sahana ..holded her mother’s hand and started to cry..Kavitha with a jerk sat down without knowing the reason for her child’s tears . Sahana continued.,. Please Amma I'm sorry…for what happened today evening I know, I behaved so silly and arrogant which hurted you .

The Extra dress is not for me..Its for my friend Kavya….She is very poor Amma… I know we also belong to the lower middle class..but somehow God has blessed with a new dress for this Diwali..But Kavya’s parents cannot buy a dress for her ,Apart from that our teachers instructed us to wear the new dress to school the following day of Diwali …I don’t want my friend to be left alone in the class amma ,without a new dress…. Some girls tease her also… I don’t want my friend to pang in shame .. I didn’t tell the truth in shop because I was sacred that you will refuse if I ask a dress for my friend , and also I was aware of the budget which will not allow you to buy a dress for Kavya…. Please apologise Amma…Im sorry if I hurted you… She will join us tomorrow for Diwali ..You give her this dress Amma..She will be very Happy !!

Kavitha ..was speechless after hearing from Sahana…She hugged her daughter in pride !!! Tears rolled down her cheeks thinking her daughter ,she thanked god for blessing her with a child who has known the miracle of Friendship at this young age of her life and also for the goodness inside her to respect others feelings .

May you all be ....

Blessed with Good Friends and Ever lasting Friendship !!!….
    Let the Fragrance of Friendship Flowers always be in Life !!!

Let our IL Friendship be and Eternal and Enduring One !!!
    Happy Friendship Day Buddies… A promise of Togetherness in Life indeed !!!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
    sindmani likes this.

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Brindha
    A beautiful narraton of friendship.
    True frineds are those who are there for your support in everyway possible.
    Friendship bourn in young age is really true ,selfless friendship.
    As we go old we become more ? practical & calculating, we make aquints but very few friends in later er life.

3. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear brindha,
    what a great thought for a young girl!!!!
    superb piece!!!!!!
    keep it coming!!!!
    regards
    pavi

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Brinda,
    Nice one commemorating Friendship Day...
    Wishing you A Very Happy Friendship Day.

sriniketan

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaishree..

Thanx a lot for you first FB dear... There was a small girl in my neighbour hood in my native....who pleaded her parents to buy dress for her poor friend ....she inspired me to write this dear....

The Friendship in such young hearts is very strong and selfless as have said..

Thankyou Very much Jaishree....

6. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Pavi,

Im very happy to see you here.....Im glad you liked this pot... Thanx a lot for your nice feedback dear !!!

I will try to write better with your encouragement !!!

7. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Mam..

Thankyou very much for your nice FB and so happy to see your wishes Mam...
    My wishes for you too...

8. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

My Dearest Brindha,

Million Kisses to u..:kiss

Wow what a great,simple,touching,moralistic story on friendship it is!!

As usual with ur Posts my eyes will wet..Big LaughThe name ´Sahana´ really suits her which already started at this tender age, very good choose..Bow

Really ur blessed with writing talent and I´m also blessed to be one of ur friend..

You had given us a wonderfull gift on Frienship day,,Thanks Buddy.

""HAPPY FRIENDSHIPDAY TO U ALSO""

Hugs,
    dg..

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear brindha,
    first of all a very happy friendships day to u my dear friend...and u have written a superb post...all the more lovelier for being a true story...long live friendship... ...
    Mindi

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindhak

What a wonderful story. It was like a real one. You write so well. U r gifted
    for writing so superb. God bless u my dear to write more and more .
    Success is notdefeating others and making them sad. It is winning others
    and making them glad. You are God's child. Let God give u more knowledge
    so that we can also enjoy reading your threads.

Wish u the very best in life

with love and blessings

viji