1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Growing Old with Whom?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Every day I watch as the clock ticks by.. I watch the beautiful sunset and some lucky mornings the sunrise gets to see me too. When I look into the mirror, I might not want to see the wrinkles creeping into my face or near my eyes. But I do see them. I also see some dark circles and more lines around eyes and mouth and even forhead. Try as I might all the new and fancy creams do not help nor do they give back the youthful skin of yesteryears as the advertisements claim.
    No this is not going to be a new advertisement for facial cream or face mask to scare all the household away. Just as I stop focusing on the wrinkles and lines, my creaking bones remind me I have to walk or God forbid I might even have to climb stairs.
    Only when one needs something to lean on just to move around does one appreciate there is someone beside forever to lean on. With so many things to go through in life, it is definitely life’s blessings to have someone to share every day with. To share the difficult times with. To have a shoulder to lean on when things don’t go your way. To be able to whine about the unjust of others actions and to have someone just listen to you.
    Listen. Someone who would just listen to you when you talk or rather rant about all the miserable things in life. That the dress did not fit or the fact that each blouse that you just tried on has become tight. Someone who would just Listen and not talk nor advice nor say anything to ruin the moment.
    When you are young and busy and have more strength in your bones you don’t pay as much attention to the fact that you are walking by yourself on your own strength not even with a walker help.
    As life slowly creeps on you , do you snatch moments here and there, to pause and reflect. In those rare moments , do you feel thankful that there is this person next to you. You feel that God in his infinite kindness has not let you walk alone. Has chosen to walk with you , beside you and in you with the person you chose to love and the one who loves you back as well.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes Anandchitra,

I am very aware of this person beside me as I travel towards the twilight zone of my life!
    I am thankful to God for being so kind to me and providing this person for me.
    I am thankful to God for letting us be...
    I am thankful to God for keeping us fit enough to walk, talk and share.
    I am thankful to God.....oh for so much more....
    I may not even be aware of my fortune, I may not know what I want or need.
    But He knows.
    And I am thankful to God for that generosity.
    And I touch wood.......

L, Kamla

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear AC,

A nice thought provoking piece.

Yes we all should realise that GOD is the person who is always with us and defintely we should talk to him.

Reading this, I was reminded of one passage I read long back as "FOOTPRINTS". It was just awesome, conveying the same meaning.

A man in his sleep dreams that he is meeting GOD and he sees his life as footprints on the sands of a beach. There are two sets of foot prints he realises one set belong to him and the other to god. But he also sees inbetween there are only one set of foot prints and that he sees when he has undergoing a difficult period in life. He in his total ignorance asks god.......Oh god why did you leave me alone during the most difficult times........ For this God tells him, "Child, how can I leave you when I love you so much"? The footprints you are seeing is mine and I was carrying you with me.

This passage has got etched in my heart and I do remember it always. Thanks dearie for reminding me those lines again.

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC..

:hatsofffor the good thought posted by you and the 2 wonderful FBs that followed ...

Yes, we have to pause and recognize the God in us...The earlier we do the better we feel...

Bye

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear AC..

That was a thoughtful topic ...

Yes God is always there for us..beside us....No other one is a good friend than him...
    Your post flashed a few lines of a poem that I read during my school days..

Few lines from that....I dont remeber the whole..cos it was in my 4 th std..

He comes along with me in Sunny whether,
    He comes along with me in rainy days.
    Im telling you that this is far from true ....
    Im Never Alone..God Is my friend...
    Yippee -Ya -Yooo,Yippe-Ya Yeeee...

The song comes likes this..... A nice tune also for that.....

Thanx Mam !!!

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    God is always with us but in our youth we are so much in hurry that rarely realised his presence.
    With growing age we do need a companian more and more.With the age related wisdom one finds peace when tries to conncet with almighty.

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,

True.Reading the post mine became a contemplative mind..

8. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear anandchitra,
    It is only yu who are excelling yourself every time you start a thread that I sometimes envy you,why did not I think of it?
    That was a lovely thread.Yes as age goes by and old age beckons you ,you have by your side the dependable man whomyou can shout at who can shout at you,whom you confide in and who confides in you,whose shoulders you lean on to and who leans on your shoulders the bond growas stronger day by day and one day you realise that he speaks what is in your mind and you speak what is in his mind.This togeterness is the precious gift God has given to every married couple,he is not partial,but some realise and cherish this bond while some don't.There is onething my mother used to say very often,it takes even a couple of years for a man and woman tied in wedlock to understand each other ,so one hs to be patient and try to nourish the relationship so that it gives you the just reward in one's old age.
    lve
    mithila kannan

9. Anandchitra

Kamla dearest
    What a wonderful wonderful reply.. I am just gaping at your words.. far better than my lead and I am glad to read this today. I have found one such person in my husband and though I always knew it I realised it more when he puts up with my moods and tantrums.. Its not a big deal is it to put up with someone nice n smilin all the time.. like how when we see friends etc.. but day in day out one gets to see the not so pleasant side and so I am grateful. Knowing me I can only imagine me getting crankier by the day esp heading to the older side.. I too touch wood dear:)

10. Anandchitra

Dear Lalita
    Thank you for the nice reply. I too have read the piece.. Those words are a solace in times of difficulties..