1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yours Hopefully !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Jul 28, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Asha was busy in her morning chores ,Her Son Akaash came from his room, seeing him Asha’s face glowed more beautifully with her smile , Amma where did u keep my files ..?? Its near the cupboard Akaash...Come I' ll show you..She went with her son and pointed out the files..He moved with a hug .. Amma Where are you..? Where is my White Salwar ? It was her Daughter Akshara, Asha went to Akshara’s room..Sorry dear.. I took it to iron yesterday forgot to keep inside your cupboard, Akshara Kissed her Mom and got it from her..
    Asha ‘s husband Ananth was busy in his mobile.After his conversation..it was his turn to call Asha..Where are you dear..Where is my Coffee..?? Asha was shuttling between the three….taking care of all their needs in a very beautiful morning ,with more pretty enthusiastic smile , before they left for office and college.. Atlast all were in the dining table for the breakfast.. With all the happiness and bliss under the roof they had wonderful breakfast cracking jokes and pulling each other….It was the telephone now interupting their chats and talks…Akaash sighed and got up…Asha handled the phone before he did….Asha’s husband and kids left…

Now Asha have to wait till evening for the gala to return !! The doorbell rang ..She knew it would be Akalya her helper ..She opened the door…Akalya stood there smiling…Why did u come so early…? Asha asked in a soft scolding tone.. Akalya walked into the house… Ashamma…Its really boring for me to repeat the same answer daily...but still ..I will tell you again....I cannot be peacefully in my home..leaving you alone here… You know Im appointed to take care of you….and also I would love to do all chores in the house if you permit..Now stop it Akalya..!!! I will do everything ..You don’t need to show any sympathy, I can and I will ..Understand..and don’t throw over caring words on me…!! I dont like that...Now take me to the wash room..after that go to terrace and bring the clothes…

Akalya carefully lifted Asha from the Wheel Chair..and took her to the washroom…After few mintues she heard the buzzer from the wash room...she ran , holded Asha and took her to the living room with more care !!.She made her relax on the sofa..and went to the kitchen to get her a drink !!It was nearly 2 years back..Asha met with an accident and lost her leg..But She was basically a woman of determination and an optimistic one.When Ananth and kids were lost in the tragedy, She was the one to give hope and faith.. She lifted their spirits , and managed to get them back to normal by her determined words .. Instead of the family consoling her..she was the one to Solace .She didn't want to be ideal and sit as a patient always..She didn’t expect anybody’s sympathy…She wanted to be have a normal life, as she lived before the tragedy….Her husband and kids were happy seeing the courage and the ways Asha saw her life..

She said she will do all the work she can do for them as usual nothing can resist her doing the duties … But the family thought that there should be somebody in home to assit her in their absence .. so Aklaya was appointed ... And also they remodelled the Kitchen for her ease ..They also promised that they will not shower sympathy at any cost !!

Akalya came out with the drink What abt your drink Akalya ? You also have with me…. She ordered ... Aklaya was not only her helper but also a good friend..Asha made her dumb by the true love she had for her fellow people....

Akalya stood astonished seeing the great lady….She couldn’t take her eyes from her.. She thought Asha's parents have chosen the right name for her..Asha stands for HOPE ..Though Asha lost her leg..She didn’t loose her hope and faith .She was the Woman ,a Stronger Woman indeed !!

Infact Life is one to Expect the Unexpected !!!!

But the most handicapped person in the world is a Negative Thinker. Is’nt it ???

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    You are awesome dear. For a minute I though Asha was a pesron who was normal.
    They can take care of themselves better than we do.More than anything Asha's determination and will power make me look at her with awe not to forget her humane nature.
    BowBow

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Brindha,

You shocked me by putting Asha on the wheel chair. It is difficult to be a pessimist and to live with one too. They not only spoil their life but try and dampen the spirits of people around them. Asha was a strong lady and had decided to move on in life.

A lesson for all hopeless thinkers!

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear BK,

A beautiful piece dear!

I was shocked to see Asha on wheels but her courage and determination ....... Hats off dear.

Yeah I know what Asha means HOPE and she has defintely brought that out too well.

Your last line is too gud.

The most handicapped person in the world is a Negative Thinker. Is’nt it ???

I agree with you on this 100%. A pessimisstic thinker is the greatest handicap in society. Thanks dear for such a beautiful piece.

5. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Bowto Asha, to her grit and determination.

This reminded me of dancer Sudha Chandran.

Roopa.

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Brindha
    Oh what a turn , In first peragraph I thought asha was one homemaker rushing & running to do all chores but you put her in wheel chair .T
    his is true dear that one is handicapped by her negative thoughts more than physical handicappness .As you show how positive Asha was & so we couldnot guess that she was handicap.
    nice story.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brinda,

Superb.You have shown that handicapped people like Asha can live normally, and bring cheer to everyone they touch.Regards.kamal

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi brindha,

Well narrated. Are u fond of the alphabet "A" or was it a coincidence to name all of the character with "A"? Whatever may be the reason i liked it.Keep posting.

9. Bhiku Mhatre

Bhiku Mhatre Senior IL'ite

Brindha : A very good write up, very positive, instead of writing about the problems of Asha you have highlighted the fighting spirit in her and her name itself is so promising.

10. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Brindha mam,

I was in a little bit sad mood before reading ur post.. but after reading ur Asha´s story with tears in my eyes and smile on my lips, I´m feeling very happy now ..

U rock as usual dear..Bow

Hugs,
    dg..