1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One day HomeMaker !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Jul 22, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dinesh’s sleep was interrupted by the alarm ...he suddenly woke up with the jerk…thinking of the previous day incident. He saw Divya sleeping in her bed with her twins.. He knew that she was till asleep because of the previous day conflicts ,arguments and agreement.. Yes..they had a big fight and it ended in an agreement of Dinesh being one day Homemaker and Baby Sitter .He was a man having a Maginfying glass in his eyes..always pointing out Divya for not keeping the house neat and tidy. He wants the house to be a spic and span clean !!!

Dinesh got out of the bed and he decided he must do his best in house keeping..and exhibit his ability in all ways.. If I can why not she.. Let me hook her ..he thought.? He went to the kitchen he prayed before the stove that he must succeed in his mission …He took the milk and boiled to make his coffee… Meantime he rushed to the bathroom to brush and fresh up..forgetting to sim the stove.. He came back just saw the empty vessel..milk flowing all through the counter tops and draining the floor..that was his first :bang of the day !!!!

He cleaned everything with an awful face..thinking this milk has spoiled his morning mood ....but he didn’t leave hope ..he rushed to the shop got the milk and didnt even turn his head ,his eyes were stuck in the stove till the milk boiled .He saw Divya coming to the Kitchen..He stared Divya and said. ..See !!I have prepared the Morning Coffee.. Divya smiled looking at the wet CT and floor ,She understood what could have hapenned..Ok Divya ..Now you can go to your friends house , as per the agreement … No problem I 'll manage the house… Don’t underestimate me in anything Ok.......he uttered with Over Confidence !! Divya left with a smile ….
    The twin toddlers woke up ..and started pulling each other screaming…. He rushed to his room ..and took them for brush..It nearly took more than 1 hour for him to brush their teeth and give them a bath…. He never thought its would be a hard job to brush their few tooth and bathe their small body .My God !! Witsend

After <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bath</st1:place></st1:City>, the twins started to cry in hunger… Dinesh realized that he didn’t prepare breakfast yet.. he rushed to kitchen and manged to prepare some sandwich….. The kids ate with lot of mischevious , pulling each other,spitting the food, poriung the water....He thought of acheiving something great after feeding them:thumbsup..he sighed and gave them some papers and crayons and started his cleaning work… by the time the kids started fighting with each other and he came and he started playing with them to change their mood… !! He forgot the cleaning, the lunch and was playing and drawing to keep the kids occupied …
    The clock struck 1 Pm and he realized that he has not done anything yet… He decided to give simple yogurt rice and appreciated himself for the timely thought… He arranged the table and made them seated in the high chairs ..and started feeding them. The moment he put the spoon ..the twins spitted out the food…and started to yelllllll….. He closed his ears..hearing the high picth, And really didn’t understand why they didn’t like ..:hide:he tasted and really it was awfull and sour,this time Dinesh wanted to Yell..!!!
    The kids again started crying…. He managed to do some instant noodles…and filled their tummy….By this time his tummy made strange noises….he realized that he has not taken breakfast and also no lunch..He couldn’t find any more noodles..So he made a glass of juice for lunch !!!..He filled the rest of his empty stomach with water…
    He totally forgot the laundry, he dumped the dresses into the machine… He had loads of cleaning dishes.. sweeping, drying ,ironiong, making the kitchen.. cleaning the the messy dining table. Put the kids in bed…prepare dinner ..he started to faint thinking all these…. Drowning
    He thought it would be easy to work after the making the kids sleep…but it was a waste of 2 hours ..he told nearly 20 stories..after hearing all that the kids jumped from the bed and went to play…. It was his second bang of the day for wasting two hours…. :bang

Meantime Laundry was ready..he dried the clothes..and started to clean everything…. He heared his sons screaming from the toys room….. he ran to them…. They both had pulled the Juice glass from the table and it was shattered into pieces.. he couldn’t control his anger this time..and but he blamed his carelessness of keeping the juice glass morning there..this was his third bang... :bang

He put the guys before the TV and started cleaning the toys room very carefully ..and mopped the floor with full sweat….where the door bell rang and raised his BP.. He went to the door.it was the Courier guy gt some letters ,he threw them on the messy table..and contined mopping the toy room floor..He was fully exhausted and was very hungry now…. He called up the pizza guy… He looked around the house and the undone jobs...Witsend He thought this was the limit he can’t do any more….

He thought to give up everything.. he thought of Divya managing the home so nicely without any complaints…How did she manage everything always with a smile...She was not lazy sitting before the TV as he thought… She is working hard all through the day.. She doesn’t have rest even a minute with these two kids….He didn’t think atleast once about the pain and tolerance she had to make this home a sweet home… He understood that he was the one who was in the wrong attitude… The house was clean enough but his bad thought of thinking Divya having leasiure time at home always turned to blame the house was not spec and span clean :( He was guilty that it was his mistake for not helping his wife…atleast he should have done some small help and baby sitting when ever he had time..and should have given some space for herself !!!

It was half past six … He called her....."Divya ,,, Im sorry dear… Very sorry for my Arguments.. please come home..Lets clean the Home together….:yes: On the other end Divya smiled..She knew this would be the reaction of her dear Dinesh at the end of the day.. Big Laugh

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
    sindmani likes this.

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Brindha..Very good description of mom's day-to-day activities.Enjoyed it immensely.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Brindha you got it right dear.. I was laughing and enjoying every moment of this write up.. Good idea to give them a days duty right ??????????? You rock!:bowdown

4. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

AHa ...............Avalaaa Neee....??

EXCELLENT ...........etho chinnatha oru cinema patha mathiri feeling.........and the idea isnt really bad too..........( swapping the daily routine) wud talk to hubby abt this.....

Thanks ........:hiya

5. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Wow wow Brindha,

Read it from start to finish and enjoyed it.Excellent account of a husband's day as a homemaker. You have hit well the message how a wife takes care of her house with patience .Not to underestimate her efforts.I thank god my dh gives me my space and trusts that I will take care.

regards

meera

6. rajkrish73

rajkrish73 New IL'ite

very nice presentation ........ enjoyed reading it. and you gave me an excellent idea:goodidea: to make hubby one day home maker....and let him appreciate me.

7. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Brindha,
    Good one!!! Reversal of roles does make them realise that we do not get any time to do rest or get a spre minute to. take a breather. It was fuuny to read that a man at the kitchen can forget to eat heeee heeeeeee............

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha Brindha,nice one that....once in a while it would be a good idea to switch roles ...so that each can appreciate the other for a smooth life.....
    Mindi

9. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

:wowsimply superb brindha..

Hilarious postBig Laugh,I never knew that u can put up to mark i funny storys also,being a emotional writer u did in this too..

Your story reminded a telugu hit movie Mr.Pellam,in which the hero is Rajendraprasad and herione is Aamani.Hero looses his job unfortunately and heerione has to take a new job.Hero in the same manner as dinesh he has to look after their 2 kids and which is very very funny....:banana

Hugs,
    dg..

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear BK,

A great vacation for Divya indeed but poor dh ............. let them learn a lesson. Serves them right.

BTW: is this from your life? ha ha ha