1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Positive Attitude Is The Key To a Better Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by roopadadia, Jul 18, 2008.

1. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Surely you`ve known someone in your life with a negative attitude and so you know what that means. People don`t want to be around such a person, whose negativity affects his job, his relationships with people around him at work, as well as his social interactions.

What if you are a person like this? What if you have a negative outlook, and it is spilling over into various aspects of your life? Even if your job performance has been suffering, or if people are no longer welcoming your company, you do not need to live with these consequences - because you do not need to hold onto the attitude which has caused them!

Your world will change when you have a positive attitudfe! Soon after you have begun to apply this principle, you will see this for yourself!

A negative attitude will dampen your spirits and hold you down; a positive attitude will help bring you back up. Negativity will keep you focused on everything that is wrong, everything that has ever been wrong; but a positive attitude will bring your focus to everything that is right and better. The very best way to look at the subject, though, is to remind yourself that while a negative attitude will limit you, a positive attitude will go a long way in getting rid of those limits. If you think about how much a negative attitude has limited you, this in itself should be a great motivating factor!

Most people do not like to acknowledge that they are limiting themselves and their prospects with their own attitudes and behavior. When you start to replace the "cannot" with "can," you will see how much power there is in your own attitude! You will feel that you have more potential, as well as the ability to reach your potential ` while the only thing that has actually changed is your own attitude! Goal-setting and making plans will become much easier, and you will find that you can accomplish much more than you had previously thought you could!

When you take on a new, positive attitude, you will experience wonderful results with other people. When you change your attitude people will notice and interact with you instead of shying away from the person you were before - a constant complainer who rarely had anything positive to say.

A positive attitude will work wonders in how you feel about yourself, also. You will find a new appreciation of yourself and your life once you stop looking for what`s wrong with you. You will find that you like your life more than you did before ` and that you like yourself better, too!

If you are not yet convinced, perhaps you would like to give it a try! When some of these former negative feelings, ideas or thoughts creep back into your conscience mind, push them away and replace them with positive, uplifting and good thoughts, feelings and ideas. It will not be long before you experience results - Andrea

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear ROOPA mam,

Positive Post for Positive Ilites by positive Roopa..

Thanq loved it..

Hugs,
    dg..

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,

That was a real quick response.

Yes sweetie being positive helps to resolve many problems in life.

warm regards

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Very nice Roopa! Kudos to you for bringing such positive topics here and giving us all a chance to re-focus on them!

Positive attitude surely helps tremendously. In fact, I would say that it is the only way to get through life. Otherwise we will end up with so many health issues.

There are people around us who have an impact on us and influence us. For me, it is my Dad. He is THE most positive person I have ever known. His life has been anything but smooth. Right from childhood. Yet, he only looks forward. Anyway, without boasting to much about him, let me just say that I know we all have such positive examples around us. We just forget to sometimes notice them and follow their lead.

Love your thoughful postings. Keep them coming Roopa!

SS

5. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

Very well put beautiful thoughts.

regards

meera

6. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa Mam,

That was a wonderful post Very thought provoking about Positive thoughts...Bow..

Thankyou very much for sharing dear !!

7. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

What a lovely post dear!! A positive way to begin a day!!

Positivity in life in an important ingredient in life, It shows your belief in yourself.
    A positive energy attracts people to you like bees to a hive.Every body wants to be around people who emit positive energy, Positivity creates a halo around you and that is a welcome for all to see and relate to with eagerness.
    Optimism is what keeps one going.Negativity brings saturation, destruction.You destroy yourself and your relations, your faith and your confidence. On the other hand positivity alone can help you see the success in every dream that you dare to dream about, and in every step to a new venture.
    These days when there is so much of competition in every sphere of life , there may be criticism , but the mantra is to take even criticism positively.

Positively helps one to see the beauty of life,the beauty in the both the inner self and the outer world. negativity is more like an existence in a grave.
    And moreover a positive attitude helps you to combat stress , thus providing longetivity and a healthy mental ,physical and emotional life.

Lovely topic Roopa.

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Roopa,

Well said and I agree.I have a few friends who have this negative attitude and when I sit with them, after a while I feel drained out myself.

I ty to cheer people, as u can see from my blogs.When I go out for morning walks, I walk with different partners.And when we talk, we don’t know how time flies.I talk of all the funny things I read in the papers yesterday, or tell about a joke that I have heard, and I am the only one with a smile , others are so serious they start their day on a wrong note.

Well each to their own.I love life, with all its problems and like to lighten up everyone who meets me, must go smiling even if I have said something silly.

Good blog, loved it Roopa.Regards.kamal

9. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Dear Roopa,

Stay focused. half the battle is won. It's only a doubt. Don't consider this as an argument or refuting reply. Negativeness if not taken to extreme gives way to positive thinking. It is also a reflection on which a person need to reflect upon. Personally may not like to admit. But it gives room for introspection. Does or Dosen't? Tell me. kanaka

10. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi SS,

Thanks for the kind words. you are always good at words like Devika.Bow

The conflict that many of the girls / ladies are going thru here because of their husbands and in-laws, made me post a couple of positive threads here. Hoep they are of some help to them.

I completely agree with you that negative attitude takes a toll on our health. Specially anger. Has anyone noticed that when you are really angry how your blood boils (you can literally feel it to).

One more food for thought:hide:

Roopa.