1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mamatha

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by dream.girl, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Mamatha is looking at her watch for the 100th time. She is standing on the Mumbai Railway Platform, her eyes fixed to the direction where train is expected to come. At that time she eyed on love birds flying freely in the air without any limitations.Mamatha turned back to see her loving, caring husband Steve busy in pampering their only 5 year old Krithika, at a glance he looked like a Perfect husband and father to her. The train going to Bangalore has arrived, her legs voluntarily moved towards the train followed by Steve and Krithika.She got in to the Compartment where their seats are reserved, Pushed their Luggage under seats and made themselves comfortable. The train started its Journey to Banglore.Steve made Krithika to sleep ,as train swinged as a cradle to her she fell asleep fast.

Mamatha looked in to Steve´s eyes in an appreciating manner, Steve smiled at her, his eyes spoke saying’ I’M WITH YOU´´ and after sometime he also slept.Mamatha is looking at Krithika and felt as she was sleeping in her father´s lap. FATHER!!!!It hitted her . Mamatha´s heart picked up fastly with the speed of the wheels of Train, Yeah after 5 years she is going to see him. Raamaanuja a Vaishnavite very strict devotee of Lord Vishnu. He is from a Poor family, dedicated his life as a Priest in Temple serving Lord vishnu.Meenakshi is his faithful wife and always follows his steps.Raamaanuja´s Only child is Mamatha,he raised her with all traditions Pertaining in his caste making her to go to school, then college. He is a successful father raising Mamatha in to a smart and educated girl in his community. His love and soul is Mamatha.In to her life one day arrived Steve, a Christian in graduation who is also studying in her same class..Steve got attracted to the Mamatha´s simple, natural Beauty and smile and one fine day he dared to talk to her by asking Economics Notes.Mamatha looked at him and liked his Politeness at the first instance gave him her notes..On the second day Steve returned the book to mamatha at the same time they started talking about subjects and continued to exchange their thoughts. By the end of their graduation they found their relation to be very compatible with each other and both are on ninth cloud´s love.Mamatha´s cousin who is also studying in the same college came to know about Mamatha´s and steve´s relation. He informed to his uncle Raamaanuja.When Mamatha entered the house in the evening she observed the silence.Raamaanuja called Mamatha and asked about the Steve and her relationship, warned her saying he is different from them starting the culture, habits and traditions, she is standing in front of Raamaanuja as a sinner and couldn´t look straight in to her father´s eye and even dared to say that she love´s steve.Meenakshi is doing her household chores came out by the voice of Raamaanuja and after listening everything she didn´t utter a single word against her husband. From the next day Mamatha was not allowed to go to college or not even to step out of her house. She was crying endlessly couldn´t choose who is the most important man in his life. One fine morning she got a chance to meet steve, she met him and cried like a baby..Then Steve asked Mamatha whether she is ready to marry him, Mamatha is in dilemma for some time, gathered her whole courage and decided his future man as Steve and said YES to him and they both got married.Raamaanuja by knowing this couldn´t withstand the insult in the society, he didn´t allowed her daughter to have his blessings.

Mamatha and Steve after marriage came to Mumbai and settled their in single room with the help of their friends. Couple of months it was a heaven for both of them but as clouds passed away there was no penny in their hands and haunted for respective Jobs.Steve got a small job and Mamatha took tuitions to children.With in a year they were blessed with Krithika and happiness blossomed in their house.Steve was appreciated in his work and settled in a very good Position as a manager in a reputed company.Mamatha tried to call her Parents but no one answered after listening her voice..Mamatha could not withstand herself to see her parents for so many long years..Steve understood her feelings and emotions thought the elders might have changed their mind until now and packed their things to Bangalore..
    With Krithika´s touch Mamatha came to the Prcatical world , as she was asking for water.she smiled at her,hugged and gave her water.The Expected destination has come they got down from train,caught a cab and stopped in front of Raamaanuja´s House.Mamatha was overwhelmed by seeing her house and started stepping towards the house her heart started to beat unusually, Muscles in the stomoch started contracting,eyes were searching for someone. By listening to the cab sound Mamatha´s mother Meenakshi came out and afterseeing Mamatha with Steve and krithika, she signed calmly in to the house Mamatha followed her .Meenakshi´s eyes cried while showing them Raamaanuja who was lying on the bed for the last five years ...

Mamatha saw Raamaanuja his both legs and mouth got Paralyzed and came to know it was after few days when she left home..He is like a dead person .Mamatha Looked in to Ramaanuja´s eyes and felt like questioning her “” you insulted me in front of our community for your love,left me alone behind,broke my love and trust,Cannot even speak a single word in front of me about love then how did u dare to ran away??”” .She felt shameless dropped herself beside him and cried like a baby..After ten minutes she felt some hand moving on her head. She raised her head "YEAH IT´S HIM". She could see the love in his eyes, his stone heart has melted like an iceberg by seeing her with Steve and Krithika.She moved near to Raamanuja´s feet dropped her head, washed them with her tears....

“”At Last Mamatha (LOVE,AFFECTION,ATTACHMENT) has won its owes between a father and daughter. May be the elder´s are angry on us for the things we do and show their hatred and unwillingness towards us, but I think it is only for a little while..Because their Precious love is always awaiting for us... “”

“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”

Hugs,
    dg..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Woww..Dreamy,
    Well narrated Story... With good message.....
    You have written a very pratical issue dear...
    That too inter religion marriages...is something Great and welcomed..
    The last line is so touching dear... Kudos !!
    Expecting more from you....!!

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

DEAR DG,

Fantastic Story!! So well told and I could actually sesnse the dilemma of Mamata. Steve seems to be a nice guy and ofcourse loved the adorable Krittika,whatever little youve written of her. You have penned the anxiety of a girl who had eloped to be with her lover very well ,the anxiety , the hope, the sadness. Wow DG , this is supppose is one of your first attempts dear and you rock!! You surely do!!

Love,
    Devika

4. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

A most real story. This is the way it must be. Very rarely do you find elders who do not come back with their love and blessings. But there are instances, where this does not happen. Very, very rare ones of course.

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi dg,

good one...is this your first attempt or have i missed any blog of yours...nicely portrayed the anxiety of a girl who has married without her parents consent...i feel how much ever parents oppose it is upto the younger generation to plead and prove to elders that they have made a good choice and are happy with it...another story of love conquering all....
    hugs
    Mindi

6. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi dg,

I might not be able to put it in a proper way but you will be one of the best future writer in IL.Looking forward for more of your write ups.All the best.

lathaa

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dreamer,

A well narrated piece.......... Really beautiful. You have summed up very well in the last few lines. Inter religion marriage has come to stay now and you have brought it very well.

Kudos to you.........

8. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dearest Brindha,

Thanq verymuch for kicking my first story..I´m really happy that you liked it...I was in real dilema in posting this story but u liked it..Thanq once again..

Hugs,
    dg..

9. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Hi Dream Girl aka Hema

Very nice story. I liked the lines,when Mamatha's tears fell on her father's feet, very nicely written by you.She proved to her parents that she had made the right choice and they had to forgive her.And any parent would ultimately wish only happiness for their children,isn't it?

It is very good of you to write on this subject.

cheers

meera

10. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dearest Devika,

I´m Overwhelemed by your appreciation.Thanq very much...I always think if the family is with us then we can fight any battle in the world..Love conquers the world

Thanq so much. ...

Hugs,
    dg.