1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dependent OR Independent......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, Jul 1, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Meera Mam,
    Thankyou so much for stepping here !!
    Glad to see your thoughts !!

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

And you forgot to mention, in this country women are not even allowed to be born. We have a neighbour whose dil gave birth to a second daughter. The way the household reacted would make you feel that they had dropped the atom bomb on their house.

And here I am sitting, rather crying, that God did not bless us with a daughter!! Of course, we have a very nice son and a dil. But we also wanted a daughter who never arrived. So, our dil, whether she likes it or not, is our DAUGHTER. Our lovely daughter.

oj

3. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear OJ sir..

What a touching thought Sir..Really moved by your reply..Your words are very true !!

And your Dil is very lucky to get a FIl like you...:bowdown

Thanx stepping in Sir ....

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

A very thought provoking topic. I almost started a relative topic with the same title and suddenly i came across yours.

Like AC, i too am the blessed one to have a guy who gives me full independence.

Making a girl independent the seeds should be sown right from childhood, otherwise the girl will never get that confidence of saying her mind or taking a decision on her own. But the parents and teachers should always guide them if they are going on the wrong track.

Its not just the girls...we have also seen boys who are so dependent that they are not able to make decisions if the need arises.

Roopa.

5. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Roppa Mam,

Thankyou very much for sharing your nice thougts with us...Im glad that you also had the thought to start a relevant topic...

I join hands with you and AC mam..... :-D..

You last line is very true mam..Some boys are also not independent..Even I have seen in my expereince . A recent tamil hit movie "Santosh Subramaniyam" portrayed this issue very clearly...

Thanx Mam....