1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All Inventions created just for ME

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My parents knew I was a hopeless house keeper or rather I should say a sloppy house cleaner long before I got married. The only chore that they had trusted me with in all those years was dusting. No not even washing clothes nor ironing and heavens not cooking… They felt this was something I could handle. Till they observed that every place was as dust filled as before! So they asked me “Did you finish dusting here?” and I would say “What dust?”. Then we found out that I could not see as well without prescription glasses and so I was procured new glasses. Only that I always forgot to wear them while dusting.
    Almost the only thing my mother made inquiry of my prospective mother-in-law was if they had a regular maid and the answer was positive so my mother breathed a sigh of relief as if I could not make it through this world without the capabilities of dusting!
    As soon as I landed in the new country and visited the kitchen my eyes fell on the gleaming oven and even still on the words “Self Cleaning”. I called mother to inform her about this new invention which I thought was invented for me. She tried to tell me gently that I still would have to cook and even more clean the surface of the stove. Which I conveniently forgot to hear.
    So before long stove top became crusted top till ..yes…lo and behold I discovered the Aluminium Foil. And then draped all cooking surfaces with newly discovered product.
    Now all the cleaning products are even advertised for me. Just spray, wipe and Gone. What do you say mother? I would like to know. Why stop with cleaning products how about them juice makers?hanh? Or the mix packets.. one mix that’s all.. They evenhave a wrinkle remover product. Just spray and smooth and its ironed.. yippee.. Surely if they wanted a test monkey I am there!
    Need I even start with the microwave? The one area I fought constantly as newlywed was his desire to eat food HOT. Even in summer. Since I got the microwave and got enough and more containers no fight at all. Can warm any amount any one wants to?
    And the inventions have never stopped to amaze me. The Calculator. Surely God knew my weak Math and sent someone to create this. My only greivance if I may say is that it does not help in solving the problem of , if 4 men were to do a job in 3 days how long will it take for one man to do a job???? Drove me crazy when I was small.. anyho I digress. It still does so much more.
    And then now we have the fancier feature in t.v. where you can record, fast forward and even pause. If only I can learn to operate so many different remotes or more important find a remote!
    This problem is taken care of in our phone. We always as a family tend to misplace the phone head set and when it rings we go scrambling for it. Now I have a feature on my phone Find HS and when pressed beeps till I find it.
    Believe it or not there is a tool to luck out weeds in your garden without bending!.. and so I have that too.. Surely they thought of me creating these? Don’t you agree?? If anyone spots any other great invention I could have missed please do let me know so I can catch up too!

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AC,
    Big Laugh
    This post reminded of an old movie song..'Ulagam pirandhadhu yenakkaga..odum nadhigalum yenakkaaga....(The world has been created for me, running rivers are for me..)
    Any other inventions please let me know...I too need it you know,of late I am becoming a very lazy person. hehe..

sriniketan

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC,
    I enjoyed reading your witty post. I wish that someone could invent the time machine so that we can revisit the places and incidents we enjoyed while sitting comfortably in our drawing room!
    Good writing, Keep it up!
    Love,
    PS

4. Anandchitra

Hello Bhargavi
    I enjoy all these inventions.. oh BTW forgot to mention the GRINDER.. yes.. instead of sitting and grinding on the stone now we have Grinder!
    see I gave you one:)

5. Anandchitra

Dear Pushpavalli
    What a very interesting thought! Are you sure you want that dear?
    On a lighter note I do think these fancy gadgets helps us a lot.. life and lifestyles have changed .. Thank you for your kind words:)

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I have that AC, tell me if there is any gadgets which will bring telephones or our mobiles to us when it rings..everytime we had to run and get it...:idea

sriniketan

7. Anandchitra

Bhargavi Dear
    OMG... too bad.. too bad.. Have you ever watched the show I WAnt That on hgtv? Shows all the coolest latest gadgets.. just superb.. will think of some more just for you my dear..

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi AC,

mmmmmmmm, now understand, how you are able to spurn up stories and blogs, at the blink of the eye.

I am not too comfy with inventions...that is not more than what is neecessary..and I shun out of things that could make me lazy...(hope veda does not counter me here..it is sour topic...:hide:...)
    ..after all i have to set a good example to the kids.Big Laugh. I use the HS locator most of the time...because i get too many calls, that it is left where i had finished the call....

But i like the cleaners that makes life a little better...or tackling the bathrooms, sinks would have been more of a nightmare.....

Oh, BTW, I would like something that could help me make the wrong things right..:coffee:idea

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear chitra,
    only you laugh at urself so easily and get away with it, i could not help laughing about the monkey part here...mmm so many relievers for so little stuff i cannot complain but i do...sunkan

10. Anandchitra

Dear Shanthi
    Maybe you cannot belong to the club???????????? since we are all real lazy!!
    The cleaners really help a lot.. where would I be but for my WIPES?
    No such luck with your last request...

BTW have you heard of the clap and lights on.. and then clap music on.. and now the

TALKING GPS invented in Japan which even featured a monkey or a bear Pointing

directions for you??