1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Happy for Others

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Being Happy for Others

My bunglow is at the end of the lane,with 3 sides road,two sides being used for Parking.I have a 5 year old Maruti Van,and a 10 year old Esteem,still in good running condition,but by way of looks,its a war veteran,bruised ,battered,but workable.Both these cars stand outside the home,unlocked throughout the night.

My neighbours tell me to lock the cars and keep them inside my house,which can house 3 cars,and lock the door.But i am too lazy to do so,and when i want to take out the first car, i have to remove the back car,and it irritates me no end.So I prefer to keep them outside my house.And the best part is,who would want to steal this model car.In fact, a thief would put a 100 rupee note in the car,thinking I am in dire need of money,looking at the cars.And why would he risk being caught by the police for stealing an old battered car.Thieves sure do have taste these days.And what would the theif's friends tell him,that u have fallen on such hard times that u steal such lousy cars,whose resale value is almost Zero !

My neighbours have top quality cars,which they keep parking outside my house,all shapes and models.In fact my house looks like a car showroom.Many business associates when they come, tell me .kamal u have bought new cars,now give us Mithai(Sweets) to eat.

I have a big laugh,and have to tell them the secret.And my neighbours always apologise that they part their cars outside my home,and I tell them,please continue to do so,because you spend all the money,And I get the credit.May God give u a Merc and a BMW,and a Ferari,just park it outside my home.

Of course I know how to repay a debt.Their drivers request for water to clean the cars,otherwise they would have to go to the bosses house for a bucket of water and bring it,I just on the motor of my Tubewell,and spray all the cars with huge gushes of water,and the drivers then easily clean their cars.

In fact during my daughter's wedding earlier this year,one of the neighbour forced me to take his car, a beautiful Honda,on the wedding day for the couple,along with the driver.Another friend gave me his car,driver,full petrol for a week to ferry the guests..There are sure some very good people around in the world.I was very touched.

Many of my friends have farmhouses, with swimming pools(small ones),and a small home built.With them,me and family sometimes go there,swim,drink beer or gin while swimming,and then a great breakfast, all on the house.I feel very happy at their prosperity,and pray to god to make them more prosperous.

The prosperity of my neighbours and friends is good for my health too.They being richer than me,they cant be jelous of me,can they?And a guy with a 15 lakh car and a farmhouse, cant come to me asking for a loan,who has a 1 lakh car,can he?So borrowers stay away from me,and i continue to enjoy their farmhouses,and their cars,while they land up paying the Bills for the Drivers,and the caretakers of the farmhouses !

And a man is know by the company he keeps.I would rather have rich friends for company,than say a auto rikshaw guy as a friend !So my company is good,but I dont know if I am good for their company.

So long live my friends and neighbours,I pray for your prosperity,to make u guys much much richer than me.You guys plant the trees,let me just eat the fruits of your labour.Amen.

Kamal Mahtani

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    You are truly blesses to be who you are and the way you think.
    I have seen many who feel jealous when others prosper, not all of them though.
    I will pray for you, to be like this always

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

This is lovely.Its like Aam kao Pad math gino!!. Oh you have a nice way of looking at things.
    I wonder what you do when the neighbours wife is at your gate and your business clients come home to meet you.Big Laugh Harshaji :hide: just a joke!!

Well I have a good idea for your car fetish. Why dont you befriend Dilip Chhabria??
    Good for you and us too because I know you'll somehow pull him to IL too!!

Regards,
    Devika

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Janani,

Welcome to my blog after a long long time.

Well i have rich friends, and as the scriptures say, be happy for others and bless them , which i do always.do, but i have my own reasons for it.Big LaughI twist the scriptures for my own benefit.A rich friend will befriend a poor one, but the minute i show off, he gets jelous of my richness.

Regards.kamal

5. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

You are blessed with a good friends and viceversa.I think nobody these days would offer anything freely,it is only because of love and respect they receive from u.So they are humble to give their love in the form of cars and farmhouses..
    After sometime seeing so many cars people may start thinking "Kya yaha mumbai ki don rehta hai or some big celebrityBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh"

Thanq for nice post..

Waiting for more..

Hugs,
    dg.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Cool blog with smart thinking...........hahaha
    Be happy for others and get your work done.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Well i agree with u , that the neighbour's wife should be prettier than mine, so that i can look there, rather the other way.See i am a saint, i wish well for others, u know !

Dilip Chabira well he is welcome topark his cars outside my house.But that is bad for me, as that might bring a IT raid on me.So i will charge him for the parking.HAHA.

Regards.kamal;

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Dream Girl,

Maybe they feel sorry for the poor Kamalji, who has just a Van an they want to show him the good things of life.HAHA.There are so many ways of looking at things.

They know I am never the jelous type, I always feel happy when they have a new things, and they share all their secrets with me, knowing I will keep it safe with me.

And my adivse to them always is don’t buy all these fancy things, u are wasting yr money on things that deprecicate so fast.

Me and Don ! Well I am the don of Jaipur .HAHA.Regards.kamal

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

oh kamalji,
    for the little time i spent with you i think any one will pamper you, always accounting when are u going to relax and enjoy with out calculating, lucky you are and lucky are they to have a neighbor like you...giving water to wash my now that is something in these days...sunkan

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sunkan,

My friends and neighbours are kind to me .Maybe bcs I post no threat to them, and don’t show off.And what are good things for if u cant show them off.HAHA.Thanks for the kind words.Regards.kamal