1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Alka- Why God is so cruel to you

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by shantisubra, May 12, 2008.

1. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

I know Dr. Alka Manoj Jain since 1996 and we became close friends and meet for Dussehra and Diwali /exchange visits every year.

The elder son Rishi, has just given his 10th Boards and a very meritorious student and was aspiring to become an Engineer. His results are awaited in the 4th week of May. The younger kid Riddhi - a daughter is in her 3rd standard. The children love their papa so much and vice versa.

Dr. Alka Ph.D in Polymer technology, was a nice person and a great cook besides an expert in handicraft, crochet, knitting etc. She makes lovely snacks and Mr. Manoj is a great host.

On Friday last, I got a call from Alka's friend to convey the worst news that Manoj Bhai passed away suddenly on Tuesday after a regular / normal day's work at night in Sharjah. He was 47 years old. Due to sudden death, the body was sent for post-mortem. Report and body awaited. Most probably they get tomorrow (i.e. 13th May, Tuesday) and she will be leaving UAE on TR permanently to Jabalpur, India.

All their dreams were shattered and broken into pieces with the passing away of Manoj bhai. Manoj is from a small town of Lalitpur near Jhansi in MP, India. Alka is travelling back with his children and the embalmed body of Manoj to Delhi and from there by car to his native place. What a loooooooooong and tragic journey for my dear friend and her sweet children.

A wonderful family of 4, now broken into pieces. Children have to be admitted in new schools in new environment. She has no job, but started taking home tuitions recently. Now she has to look for means to survive in this material world, educate the children and make them valuable / wonderful citizens.

Alka now has lost her everything. She has to live in the memories of good times and (bad times - if there is,, but I doubt) she shared with Manoj. More and more Dussehras and Diwalis come.............. but my dear Alka will never be one of my guests nor one of my hosts in Dubai. I could not control myself.............. thought I will write to IL to share my grief.

So ILadies................. it is my humble request to all of you that happy family is a blessing. Love is God. Pls. be kind, love your closed ones, show your love to them and not hatred. Wherever there are cases of love/hate relationship, please remember Alka. Your hatred will vanish...............

Last Monday i.e.5th May, she would not have thought that, that was her last day with her DH.

May his Soul rest in eternal peace.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanthi
    This is such a sad situation. I can understand what might be going through her. You being her close friend I can understand you are missing them too.
    Yes Happy family is a blessing and Love is God.
    May his soul rest in peace and God give Alka all the strenght to face this world

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

my condolence to alka, pl stand byher, talk to her, save her from shattering, if you can help it in anyway, pl do convey my condolence too, my husband also died when 48 and i know what it is to go through when young..sunkan

[​IMG]

4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Arunarc

Thanks very much for your kind mail to share the grief.

Luv
    Shanti

5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan mam

Yes........ she is now may be sailing in the same boat as you. I regularly read all your posts and have read your profile also earlier. I felt very sad to read that you lost your dh long ago.

I thank you so much for sharing the grief. Myself and my dh have offered all possible help to Alka at this time of need. I will convey your kind words and condolences to her.

Thanks once again.

Luv
    Shanti

my condolence to alka, pl stand byher, talk to her, save her from shattering, if you can help it in anyway, pl do convey my condolence too, my husband also died when 48 and i know what it is to go through when young..sunkan

6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    My condolences with Alka. May God bless her family and gives her strength to go through this painful phase of life.

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  7. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Monsi

Thanks for your kind words to share the grief.

Luv
    Shanti

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

My hearfelt condolences to Alka and her family ! I sincerely pray Shirdi Baba to give her all the mental strength and energy to face all the challenges ahead.

I really feel sorry for the kids, especially, since they have to start their schooling in a whole new environment and curriculum after coping with this enormous loss.

As you pointed out, we should treasure each and every second with our family members.

Krithika

9. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Jithiks

Thank you for your prayers and kind words. We are also ardent devotees of
    Shirdi Sai Baba and visit Shirdi whenever possible during our trip to India.

All our prayers for Alka and her children, hope will be answered by God and she emerges as a stronger person to lead her children in the best way.

Luv
    Shanti

10. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear dear shanthisubra,
    I felt very sad to read about your friend,Alka who lost her husband .This is nodoubt a great blow to her at such a young age with two kids to bring up.
    But my dear friend,women are very strong,under difficult circumstances all their hidden strength come out.She has got a lot to achieve.She has to bring up her children see that they get good education,good job and finally they have to settle down in life.
    My dear friend my request to you would be,when you talk to her boost up her morale.Tell her that she is a strong womam and that she would bring up good children,tell her that her friends would be with her.
    Please do not mistake me for giving unasked for unsolicited advice.Give her courage.
    God will be with her.Let us pray for her and her children.
    mithila kannan