1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My old Age

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    you have brought on some pleasant memories with me, before my husband could die he was very sure i would remarry i dont know how he decided though and kept threatening i would come as bhooth and kill him so,

i used to tell him one punjabi story i heard a long time ago, a farmer had his daughter marriageable age and that night one traveller came for the overnight stay as he knew no one, so they all slept in one room with just pillows to separate them, the traveller was passionate about the daughter and he was very handsome drawing the young girl's attention too.

so the entire night he kept contemplating jaoon ki nahi,shall i make a move or not so this went on and it was morning before he could realise, now all things packed and he was leaving then he told the girl in low tone that he would jump over the wall and asked her to be ready and he would take her along, she laughed out loud and could not stop laughing
    i know you must had guessed but still let me finish, she told when you could not jump a pillow what are u going to jump a wall..

like wise what u can give when alive that memory will keep harsha so happy even if she were the one to stay back, instead u r rambling here about things when you are only in fifties have a heart kamalji, i am sure u r jolting every one around.

why worry about something when you are not going to be present, worry about something that u can do in such a manner that people around you feel so, that he lived like a king and died like one, he has done a lot caring and being with us when needed i know none can replace my husband...

not the statement of thank lord i am releived now, i could never satisfy him in any manner...got it bhaiya zara sa????sunkan

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,
    That was a very touching piece from you. Of course you have stated that you had read it as a story somewhere. But then the husband's concern about the wife if he passes away before and the wife's similar concern about her hubby- these are the thing that make life going. The Love for each other does give us a fillip in lod age. By the way55 is certainly not an age to think about death!
    Regards,
    Malathi

3. Moonbeams

Moonbeams Bronze IL'ite

Kamalji..
    So you are 55.....that means ''Umr 55 ki..Dil bachpan ka""
    I assume you are tired of writing blogs which make us laugh clinging to our stomach..So you are trying to write the one which will make us cry our heart out...Good try...but ''BEWARE'' don't do it again..Rant

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Like others, I too felt sad to read this mail. Instead, you can think about all the activities you both can enjoy doing now which you could not when you had small children to take care of. Enjoy this freedom and live a wonderful life with Harshaji now.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji meri bhayya
    aapke sare blogs me se yeh bahuth acha hai.. I think this discussion is very essential between couples . You have as always written an exquisite blog.. keep blogin friend:)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Excuse me for not replying to everyone individually, which i normally do.I am very touched by gesture and concern for me and Harsha .Let me put forward a few points on yr comments, and on this blog.

1) We are hale and hearty - No health problems touch wood.We are both fine.

2) I am in good spirits - Neither am i depressed or anything.I am in the same jolly spirits, had a game of cards yest with friends, had a nice chick, sorry chicken for lunch and dinner, and the usual pegs.

3) Ready for anything - My dad used to have his will ready, and so me and harsha have our wills ready, whereby we both nominate each other, and incase we both die, then everything divided half and half between our two daughters.

I have seen ladies devasted by their husband's deaths,and the ladies have a hard time in courts and banks, as nomination and wills were not done by the husband.He leaves behind messy finances and rounds of courtrooms for his wife and children.

I beleive that Harsha must know where what i have got, and we both are joint holders in all Bank accounts or nominated .

I dont know why people brush away the topic of death, which is a certanity for all of us.What is there to be sad about this topic.Why not let yr partner know, what he or she can do when u are no more.This has to happen some day.And death never comes announcing, it is sudden.

You all must have been very surprised by my morbid blog, is i may call it so, knowing what a jolly person i am.I am very practical ,and no topic is taboo for me.

Some body once said, i dotn know who

Life is full of misery.If u die soon, u leave misery.If u live a long life, u see the dead bodies of yr dear and near ones, and friends and relatives in front of yur eyes.

So iether way, there is no particular age, when we have to die.Life will always go on without u.So why bother, but let yr dear spouse know what eh or she should do in case u are the one to go away first.

And dont u all worry.I will be posting more jolly and happy go lucky blogs in a day or two, the masala is ready,and here are some of the points of the blog

1) A boxer dog, whose owner charges 10000 per mating , with the dogs of the rich and the famous.
    2) Bhajji and Sheesnath slapping.
    3) the covered Cheerleaders.these days.

And many many moer topics, i have to see the clipping that i have cut out.

Thank u all so much for yr kind comments I am very touched.Harsha dosnt know of this blog,why bother her.

So cheers with a cup of coffee, all of u,thank u all once again.Regards.kamal

7. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Kamalji
    Speculating about death is quite natural .sometime we do think about it ,so this is one of those days for u. This is quite normal.
    Yes it is quite difficult to live without children & this is the age when children usually leaves parents for studing or got marrige & settle down.
    With two daughters it is still more so in our Indian society . Me & my husband sell in the same boat having two gaughters & both are away at hostels studing ,one doing MBA & younger one at school in class 12th. So I can understand that lonlyness very much.
    This is also very necessary for one to have good finicial support for both husband & wife in coming old age.
    This is true that we are made scared of death right from childhood ,Actually it is the fear of unknown that what happens after ?
    U know the question which Yaksha asked Yudhister - What is the biggest surprize & yudhister answered that People know that death is amust ,see people dying everyday yet forget that they could die .

8. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I am your silent reader of your blogs since I have become a member recently. First time I am giving my thoughts because it is a sad blog for all of us to think about our end. It is true that nobody can escape from it. But God has his own plans for His people. So do not worry about tomorrow. Live and enjoy “today” and tomorrow is another day which will become “today” for us. I would like to quote the God’s word from the Bible

Isaiah 55:8-9 (New Living Translation)

New Living Translation (NLT)
    Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers.
    8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
    “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
    9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so my ways are higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

So be happy and though this blog is a reality for everybody, we will not ponder upon it. God will take care of you and all of us.
    Best regards
    Vinoran

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    It looks like you were testing us all...........
    Good to see you back your reply was great.................now waiting for the next blog.

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I know, Kamalji is not of this type of the person, who thinks about and writes emotionally about death, which is certain....
    I think you want to cover all the topics in your blog...

These kind of things going on in one's mind clearly shows how he/she loves his/her family....the same kind of thought went through my hubby when he had the by-pass....

sriniketan