1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Yesterday I became Mad !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Lalitha Shivaguru, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday, I left my house for work as usual. Missed my regular bus got into the next bus and what I see on the road is only traffic. I was just wondering whether all the vehicles in Bangalore had decided to go for a drive. Changed my bus and got to office quite late thanks to all the traffic jams.

Usually after coming to office, I log into IL and whenever free for few minutes, will just go thru the latest in IL. But yesterday was not my day as I was already late could not log into IL as pile of work was crying for my attention. Hence decided will log to IL later and finished all the work very quickly and was glad that I would be logging in IL and opened IL website and Lo the message come " Not able to connect". So again waited for few minutes checked and the same status. I thought maybe server problem, tried logging into different site but was unsuccessful. Called my System administrator to check and he did the configuring etc but IL was very adamant not to open. He said the website is having problems.Slowly time started ticking by, I was becoming restless all the withdrawal symptoms started but IL was merciless. No amount of praying to God or uttering OPEN SESAME could help the same to open. I was totally disheartened.

IL had become a passion, an addiction for me. I realised without IL life will never be the same again. I was on the verge of breaking down, still the same continued. I was literally mad, I could not concentrate on any thing. I was listless, angry, confused. My evening tea time also came but the same thing. Finally I thought for the last time I will try otherwise.............. and clicked on the website........time was ticking by.. by patience was wearing out and slowly I was sending prayers to the almighty.......and there the Homepage of IL started popping up.........I could not believe myself, pinched me hard, realised it was true. I thought my Day is Made atlast.

2. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear lalitha,

ya, Same feeling i had last week.I didnot get my bb connection.
    the warning given in homepage is verymuch true no doubt.i open my pc in the morning and keep il open all time.while doing other work also i keep the il window open.
    I feel IL reduces my stress a lot.

Thanks to Malathi and Jey for providing such a nice platform.

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,
    Me too on the sam page as you.. I come to work.. just glance at my tasks for the day. check mails from boss n...immd. open up my non -production machine and try login in to IL.This has already become a habit... and one day if there is server issues or Page cannot be displayed messge.. my god.. i go furious...I become so upset!

I'm happy atlast IL did not let u down..IL has become a part of my life...:) and i'm very happy about that...

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi lalitha,

u are not alone in feeling like that...here i am quite alone the full day and recently found u all lovely people...now i am impatient to finish my daily work and sit on the computer...my daughter teases me ma what can u find new if u sit morning afternoon and night...and yes if the internet connection ditches me...i get really irritated and restless...

mindi.

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,
    All of us are with you here ,we log into IL. It has become a habit, obsession and a magnificient on at that.Even when we are angry or upset about something IL helps us cool off. Thanks to Induslady, Jey for making so many people a part of our life.​

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Krithika, aishu, mindi & Janani,

Thanks to all for coming here and very happy to note that you all share the same feelings.

7. Nakshatraa

Nakshatraa Silver IL'ite

Hi Lalitha & all the ILs,
    Me too....
    Earlier we did not have a net connection at home, so monday to friday, as soon I come to office, I try to check for any emergency jobs, check my mails & then log into IL.
    If in case , lots of office work, I wait for the lunch hour.
    weekends, I used to go mad, since I did not have a connection at home.
    2 weeks back , we got the net conn. , the first thing I did was to open IL.
    Computer Typing

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha
    It happened to me today morning I fnished all my work and thot will log into IL but there was no current then thot will peep for sometime until the battery of the laptop is working and lol the telephone line too was not working. I was really losing my patience after an hr got the current but still no telephone line, then in another 10 mintues got to sign into the net. i know we get so mad, when we want to do something and we are not able to do it.

9. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi lalitha,

IL gives us so much joy,makes us forget all our worries.

helps us share all our sorrows & happiness.

It is a boon to all of us

prabha

10. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,
    All of us are with you here ,we log into IL. It has become a habit. Thanks to Induslady for making so many friend thru IL .