1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A page out of my life-An incident that happened on 22/02/08-continued

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Malathijagan, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

....... Now, every one reading this piece may wonder, ‘what is so interesting about this incident. After all nothing serious happened.’
    But to explain this, I would have to travel backwards in life and narrate a lot more events that would reveal the amazing ways of That all pervasive Supreme Being.
    Do keep following this post to know God’s special ways!
    If you do not follow the above line please read my first part and come back to this again! The link is-

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/21799-page-out-my-life-incident.html#post247886
    Before I go back to the past, one more information that I missed out in the previous episode was that, on the same day(22<sup>nd</sup> February) another gentleman with his family, who too happened to work in the same company that my husband is working for (but is unknown to us since he had recently come here on transfer) was traveling to Thiruvannamalai and his car too met with the same problem where a monkey came in the way and the driver,while trying to avoid hitting the monkey applied the brakes and the vehicle lost control, hit against a tree and all the occupants except a woman died on the spot. The fate of the woman is not known. Now, was this mere coincidence, divine intervention or destiny? The merciful Lord alone knows!

Part II
    I got married in the year 1984. In February 1985, along with my hubby’s friends we all went to Mahabalipuram for a happy weekend. While visiting places of interest, we entered the shops where granite sculptures were displayed for sale. I saw a cute ‘Maakkal’ Anjaneyar statue and was at once enchanted by its beauty. I instantly purchased it. I brought the idol home and kept it in my puja room and offered prayers to it everyday. This went on for many years and I had a special liking for this deity as I felt all my prayers got answered. From our rented house, we moved to our own apartments and here too my favourite idol was given a special place in the puja room. Slowly my outlook of praying had changed due to reading lots of books on spirituality and also because I had started practicing meditation. I felt there was no need to pray standing in front of the pictures of Gods since I had given them a place in my heart. Slowly, the puja room ceremonies became mere formalities, to keep up with the Gruhasthashrama Dharma. But that did not mean I had become an aethiest. I started giving importance to meditation and I could feel my inner strength rising and my confidence levels too becoming stronger. While I would not like to go into the details of my experiences during meditation, I would certainly vouch that Fearlessness becomes one of the traits of constant meditation, besides confidence-building and inner peace.
    Now, coming back to my Anjaneyar idol, suddenly, I noticed one day that it had vanished! Of course, I didn’t know since when, as already mentioned, I had started paying less attention to rituals. But this disturbed me a lot. I felt that because of my new found ways of practising spirituality, God had been angry with me and had started testing me!
    I approached my husband with a little bit of guilt feeling and shame and asked him if he had removed the idol. He answered in the affirmative and said that it was more than a week since he had removed it and how come I was asking about it now! The reason he gave was that our family priest who happened to see the idol in the puja room had said that it was not advisable to have a ‘Bramhachari God in the puja. I learnt that my hubby had placed the idol along with the ‘Kolu Bommais’ on the loft! This really upset me and I felt that something bad was going to befall us! I lamented about this to my father over phone. At the time he was residing in Pallikkaranai.He comforted me saying that nothing would go wrong since I had not committed any crime and God was not all that cruel that He would punish His true devotees as He knew them in and out.
    I had to live with this feeling for some time. But slowly I got over it!
    I think, it was in 2002 December. My father said that he would like to have the Anjaneyar statue in his puja room if I didn’t have any objection. (He was a staunch devotee of that God.) I was only too happy to accept this offer since I felt relieved that my favourite God was going to a new abode where He would find a more committed Bhakta.
    To be continued....
    Regards,
    Malathi

2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi Malathijagan,

I was waiting for your continuation .
    The idols in our house are not mere idols but they are the strength. Whenver I am in a dileema I sit in my temple and get an answer from within myself for the most diff questions.
    I am used to recitng the Durga Chalisa and the Mahishasur Marthini everyday with my daughter and even a day if I skip it I feel somethig terribly missing a vaccum within myself.
    Great are the powers of God and the stronger your belief , the more concrete your experiences with HIM!

Regards,
    Devika

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Read your second part with bated breath!:eek:mg:
    Happy to know that Anjaneyar has a special place in your heart .....same with me too.
    I visit the temple and offer ''vettilamalai' regularly every Saturday and ofcourse recite Hanuman Chalisa. If I miss doing this I feel rather uneasy ...maybe its just the mind playing games...whatever..I am regular 99% of the time.

Lovely reading ...glad it did not have to be till Monday as you said earlier.

keep continuing

warm regards:wave
    PAULINA

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Thanks for your continuation happened before you said.

It is so interesting like a serial. No fair. Another continuation.....

You discussed the values of meditation and its effects on spirituality, too. It is so very true that one's life is not enough to learn. There is a lot to learn from everybody's experience and words. The thoughts and belief constitute a significant part of life. I learnt meditation, too. It is a wonderful experience which can only be felt. No words can express that.

Love,
    Oviya.

5. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathi,
    I was waiting for your post...everyday when i login i just check whether you have updated the thread.Just like the first part i enjoyed this one also;finished reading in no time...again cant wait for the continuation..

May God be with you forever....

6. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

i read your 1st part but didnt find the time to reply..it was very interesting!!!equaly interesting is the 2nd part!!!!waiting for the remaining part!!!!!real life stories are far more surprising than fictional ones!!!

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

malathi,
    thanks for the second part.

I could identify with your maakal anjaneyar. I had seen a anjaneyar in vyas's guru's house 15 years ago. he had promised to give it to me, as a gift. but later on he succumbed to Alzheimer and forgot. though the DIL said i can take it, now I don't feel like taking it..15 years have taught me, doing my karmas well, and realising what is right and wrong is more important. and being a good human is more important than any pooja.

When you talked about the maakal vigraha, I remembered the small vinayagar idol I used to have when i was a kid,what happened to that is a story on its own.

And regarding the thalaikku vandadu thalai pagaiyyodu pocchu....it happens to all of us...God knows to communicate and sends us signals...only we need to under stand, and count our blessings...

Waiting for the 3rd part...

8. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I cant wait for the 3rd part...could u pls m me when u post it so that i dont miss it
    -priya

9. Ranjita Gireesh

Ranjita Gireesh New IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

I had read your both the threads and it was very interesting to read them. I too believe that God is everything in our life. Nothing would happen against his wish. Your experiences adds as a proof to my belief. Waiting for the continuation.

Ranjita.

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathy
    Read you thread.Thank God you are safe.I am a firm believer that God helps people in their hour of crisis if you trust him totally.I also had a miraculous incident last year which saved my husband.He is ardent Anjaneya Bhakta as well.You can see it in my posts of Jan 2007.Waiting for your next episode.