1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"It's not a child's play"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Mar 1, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

“It’s not a child’s play”

Children love to play and we love to play with children but it it’s not a child’s play to really create a scientist lurking inside a child. A scientist, a novelist, an innovator, an entrepreneur, a business magnate, a professional of any sort, a famous artist or an architect, or an outsmarting personality or a lovable critic; each and every one of these or an amalgam of these can be nurtured, protected, well guarded to reap the expected fruits whose potentials are all ingrained within the recesses of the tiniest of the seeds.

The question is who is to bell the cat? Obviously, the fourth element if perceived properly, the other three elements can combine and produce the synergic effect which will definitely culminate in the manifestation of the nuances of expected fruits. Now that the fourth element is the omniscient, omnipotent and the omnipresent divine force as we all must realize either through our formal education process or informal via the toll of knowledge or via the experimentation process or with the experiential process or a combination of all these. We must also expose and prune the wiser elements of the maternal, the paternal and the preceptoral aspects of pragmatic orientation.

Of all the three elements, the last one can always convert the lost ones into one of many gained. Obviously, it is the preceptoral, rather the genuine preceptoral (and not the pseudo ones) magic wand touch of Guru’s Aashirvadh (meaning blessing) which can transform any child into one of the cosmic powers most solicited universal genius. It may sound like a Utopian ideal or the multi-billion dollar investment project on the “UFO’s” whereabouts, whatabouts, howabouts and whenabouts. Each and every one is definitely a bout in the real sense that a real value cannot be perceived in the meaning of “value” (meaning price in pecuniary term) but it is “invaluable” (meaning whose value is indeterminate). So all said and done. Child is the father of man. Its beauty and smile are all divinity personified and behind these is hidden the treasure which has to be hunted out with precision and purposive planning by the effortful razor sharp brains of mankind’s evolved personalities. Hence, we can discern precisely and finitely the infinite power of child’s beauty which can foster and father its own father or fathers around or those who surround or even Fathers (with real missionary zeal) who will be forced to appreciate the Keatsian maxim: A thing of beauty is a joy forever; A child of beauty is a spirit behind transcendentalism and even beyond.

Problems create despondency but then correspondence removes despondency. So, when problems questioned, they release solutions. Hence, problems are solutions. Where lays the problem? Obviously, it is ‘within’ and definitely not ‘without’.

For the despondent Arjuna, in spite of his despotic power in archery, Bhagwan Sri Krishna was there to correspond directly to teach and preach to him that the “real battle field” is a “child’s play” for him but he should not be quagmired into the quick sand of the “mental battle field”. He advised his disciple to vow to take the bow and not to bow down with his bowed-up hands.

Fine, then, where is the Bhagwan to teach and preach us all to remove our despondencies? As you all know, we are fortunate unlike Arjuna to get the lessons of the battle field in a hurry-burry, to be merry to read and re-read the philosophy of Karma Yoga wherein lies the truth of real action.

Here too we have to be the sincere debtors to the ever meaningful poet of paradise John Milton’s emphatic statement: The mind is in its own place and it makes a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven. What are we to make? When are we to make? How are we to make? Why are we to make? If we set our mind alright the world will be alright. Questionable fact indeed.

Does it mean we have to question it?

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My dear most Ramyakutty
    Its a pleasure to read your posts..Bow WOW thats all I can say after reading this one. You have started out talking about a child, and then quickly move to the fourth element thereby making the reader stop and ponder about it. Well said. As I was settling into the elements and reading more about converting the last one to lost one you wrap up the segment so neatly..What can I say..Beauty does lie on the eye of the beholder and its a treat to my eyes to feast on your post.
    And then you take the reader to Problems and connect Arjuna and the battlefield to it. I am sure your mind will always be not too far from Krishna hence the connection.
    To answer your question, "Does it mean we have to question it?" I have this answer. I always question IT that being my nature. Most people do not but that's their prerogative to do so.It is too look inside and to set ones mind alright the questioning need. I questioned and have found that indeed one can make in ones own mind a heaven of hell.

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Another hilarious one from you Ramya!

Questions.....Only if we ask questions we get an answer --which may or may not be to our desire, in that position, we must accept it.

If we ask somebody a question, we must keep an open-mind to it so that the answer might be from another angle, which we had not analysed.

Only through questions Arjuna got the Bhagawad Gita. But he is lucky and he understood it in 18 chapters in one go, of course with repeated questions.
    But for us, it will take its own time.
    No doubts about it!

sriniketan

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ramya
    Wow reading your post BowI just sat down quitely staring at the post. That was a super write up dear.
    When a child asks the questions I think he gets a satisfactory answers........
    But when we ask questions do we get the answers that satisfy us???
    When Arjun asked questions there was Lord Krishan to show him the way...........
    Without questioning it How are we to get the answers????
    Life is not a game until we are satisfied we go on searching for the answers
    Hope I am right

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

RV/J.

Definitely not child's play.

You started with a child's playing, went to the fourth element along with giving credit to the familial genes, and then you jumped to the Gita.

And your explanation of the third of the four elements,is good. It is never a misguiding statement when we say the child is the father of man.

Problems are solutions..and i believe, that if there is no solution, then it is a not a problem at the first instance,somewhere our perceptions are wrong...

When arjuna, went in as shishya, the guru Krishna, taught him duties , and guided him through and through towards righteousness.

Well coming to questions, just think if newton did not question himself seeing a apple falling, no newton law of gravity.

Only when questions are asked you get answers.. at the same time, you should be open for the answers....

When you start questioning yourself..that is self restrospection, analysis you understand self.. and self realization leads to other things.....

(BTW..I know how hard it is when your kids shoot questions every minute....and to be well prepared to answer them...:spin)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear ramya,
    lovely post and very well taken on different issues in a few lines and what we experience is the arjuna and the voice within us is the krishna that guide us if we heed and keep our mind open..sunkan

7. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

An affecting post, after reading it, i did realise my friend that your mind is like a quick silver, very varied and rapid in thoughts. I really liked reading your post.

Warm wishes,

Aqua.

8. RamyaVaradharajan

My dear most Chithu sis,

Ah... I really pinched myself to believe that I was over-whelmed by the reality posed in front of my eyes when I opened this month's finest post thread, to see the wonderful nominations, not to search whether I had been nominated (I always believe am still an amateur when compared to jumbo writers here at IL !!) but to go through the posts and get experienced. Frankly speaking, you left me in tears Chithu sis. Did not know whether I did justice for your nomination, but am moved by the emotional serene and imagined hugging you tightly (to make it a reality, I hugged my mom !!).

The Child's play phenomenon had been striking me for days together but could put my wild thoughts to reality only now and am indeed elated by the response and feedback. According to me, Bhagawad Gita is a boon for any kind of situation. Even a small word from the legendary epic will teach a lesson that would take years or decades to get assimilated by the "sixth-sensed". And how we relate the same to our daily incidents and experiences is up to the individual per se.

Very true. Exercising one's prerogative speaks one's character !! Only their self will know what makes them pause when it comes to questioning ! What do we lose in during the questioning process? It would rather pave way for a better understanding of the self. Yes, indeed, for better understanding of the self we need to realize and understand the "fourth element" shining high above each and every one of us. What say?

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

NB: Chithu sis, close your eyes for a second or two and come near me..... :kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss:kiss Did you feel me very close by :):):) ??

9. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear most Srini ma'am,

Ah.. now I have got a different opinion !! (?) Hilarious (?) I really did not know. Am extremely sorry for my ignorance about the same bonk, but indeed very happy to see feedbacks from different angles (as you had mentioned :-D)

Very true and rightly said Srini ma'am, we should always be willing to have an open mind for the answers might fall as a cascade from any direction and from anyone irrespective of gender, age, experience and all that can be measured with some yardstick or the other. But the "understanding" ?? It does not warrant an yardstick, but just the quality of "open-mindedness" getting instilled.

Bhagawad Gita as I had already said, as everyone (most should I say) perceives is a boon in our stage of life. Everything is said and carved out for us, but we find it difficult to follow the said words ! ????

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

10. RamyaVaradharajan

Ah my dearest Aruna ma'am,

:thankyou2: very much for your kind feedback. My words made you sit back and give it a stare : you made my day with your words Bow

Do we realize why a child gets "satisfactory" answers or replies ?? Once we figure out the answer for the same we can very easily judge how our mind set differs from that of the innocent kids. I guess in the process of posing a question, I revealed the answer :-D Yes, its the innocence of the kids and the "clean slate" in them that make them to accept the solutions given. Are we the same? Can we be compared to the kid by any chance? We are determined (as the word describes, both in a positive as well as in the negative sense) enough to accept something that which comes from an external source. Be it anything. We perceive incidents with a blocked sense and still want the same to satisfy us (??) Pl do highlight and enlighten me if am wrong ma'am.

Feedbacks on the same are welcomed and we might discuss whole heartedly:)

Thank you once again..
    Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan