1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hilarious Incidents of the Day - Write in Friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 20, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Hey, I just hit this idea, why always share sorrow and hatred, its good to do so, no doubt, but sharing the hilarious incidents of the day, would make all of us laugh on the other end. A bringing a smile on people face is no easy task is what people say. There could be incidents that has already occurred or just occurred in your day which made your real in laughter and brought the upward curve on your lips, Do write to us and keep us equally amused. I too promise to share all those hilarious incidents of my life and try to bring some smile on your face. Hey gals, it could be anyone, your shopkeeper, the dog on the street, the infant in the cradle your darling hubby, your friends, a complete stranger, an incident, a word , an action, that made you split in to reels of laughter that echoed in your place. At times, it could be that you had to suppress the laughter and then burst out later, yes, it has happened with me and may be with you all too. So I want all of you to share the hilarious incidents of your life... Great going.. Lets all share laughter.......... Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Ah, I am back, eager to share with you all here, with this hilarious incident of my day.. Oh!! its not that old.. it all happened yesterday...

I had finished all my chores in the kitchen and had hit my dining plate. ashed to my hall to watch the programme on TV.. it was around 10 at night... I was totally relaxed, luckily wearing something more than usual to qualify to open the door.. he he..

Ding Dong.. my door bell rings, I saw a smiling face on the other end. "hey, hope I am not disturbing you". I twirled my nose but quickly held it in position to conceal it from him " Oh Doctor, please come in". Doctor, what happened mals,, nothing dear, he is one of my neighbours". He had come up with some complaint of the shop attached to my building. I am the chairperson, and my day never ends. I have to fan my ears for all criticism and complaints, praises are few. I follow the rule, higher you go, you have lesser friends. I am happy that I am higher.. he he... I was seriously explaining to the doctor that I have already spoken to the owner of the shop and also to the contractor who had undertaken the work. I was again explaining to him that the changes will be incorporated as I have put up the clause in the contract that he will never... " Before I could finish with my sentence, I could see Doctor tilting towards his left, I again struggled to continue my conversation, that it was interrupted with a loud noise. There were only two on us in the room and it was not me. And doctor was listening to me patiently and I was in splits. God, How much I controlled my laughter.. I could not stop laughing. There were tears in my eyes. But, I managed to finish my sentence and pleasantly shook hands with him. He walked towards the door and quietly entered the lift. I quickly shut the door and burst in to laughter. It was very hilarious... Oh God.. even now, I am in splits.. he he Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Mals,
    haaa haaaa...So that loud noise distrubed you..hee hee..hillarious!
    The same incident happened once in office.I had an issue with my system on Monday morning.I tried to turn it on and it was going on in reboot loop.As per the company rules, we are not supposed to trouble shoot the system (even if you are a genious with PC's).We need to get in touch with the Asset &IT Management team to get the work done.So i called up and a guy came in after 20 minutes of my call. I got up from my chair and sat near him pulling another chair. Minutes after he was examining his system, i could smell something bad, followed by a noise!!!! Guess, that guys stomach was in bad shape by then! He excused himself and grinned sheepishly and went running towards the rest room! I couldnt control my laughter. Though "it's" inevitable under certain circumstances, i gigled and gigled over it the entire day!

Good thread Mals....I hope more and more hillarious incident would pour in.

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh Aishu,

That was a real tough time dearie, he must have charred you nose with that odour.. Ha ha ha.. After how long did you return to your seat or were you sitting at the same place, inhaling it little at a time.. hehe.

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Mals,
    I went to attend a weekly conference (Meeting)call with the client, while he came back from the rest room. I asked him to get the system back up and mail me.I returned after 45 mins..so THANK GOD!

6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    this is a good idea, we need to look at the humorous side to keep us going.
    Well, I love to take everything in a lighter vein.
    One Saturday evening we had a great time going out and were late coming home. Next morning ,hubby went off for morning shift, locking the door. As it was a Sunday, myself and son were fast asleep past 7 am. Suddenly the door bell chimmed many times. I got up groggily and went to answer. When I opened the door, I saw a man, dressed well. I was confused and asked him what he wanted. He told me that he is the executive from the car dealer (we had booked one) come to collect the cheque. My husband had asked him to come and had forgotten to inform me. I called my hubby, located the cheque and send the chap off.
    Then only I went to the wash basin to brush my teeth. When I saw myself in the mirrow, oh my God, I was shocked. My hair was standing still in all directions, eyes smudged with kajo and eyes looked tired and swollen.
    Then I burst out laughing, thinking about how shocked that chap woud have been on seeing such a sight in the morning. Whenever I met that man, I have to control my laughter.

7. anandhipsg

anandhipsg New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have one hilarious incident in my life!!! It happened during my 23rd age. Normally I used to go out with my mom or any of my sisters, and I have never been alone anywhere then. Home - Office - home was my world and didnt know anything else. (it is true). Once I had to go to the dentist due to my tooth ache. I went with my mom only. They asked me to take x-ray of my tooth, upper and lower jaw etc, That time couple of my sisters were married and they were not in chennai. My unmarried sister has got some imp meeting in the office, she didnt come. My mom was sick that time, my father was taking care of her. Since it is not too far from my house, I told my parents that I myself will go and come (what a bold lady!).

I located that x-ray center with great difficulty and showed the prescription of my dentist. They asked me to stand infront of the x-ray machine, with my chin on a tray kind of thing in the machine. They asked me to remove my ear ring, and open my mouth. They kept some item in the mouth, so that the full view of mouth will be scanned. Since it was the first time i went to a hospital alone, and when i saw the x-ray machines i got scared. I asked that radiographer 'will it pain while taking the x-ray?' (what a brilliant question!!!). He smiled at me and said 'no madam, i will take x-ray in such a way that you will not feel the pain'. I was convinced and finally he took the x-ray. My whole body was trembling with fear of pain and anxiety. After that i had a glass of water and went home. (didnt tell my experience to my people).

I went back to my dentist (with my mom) and on seeing me the receiptionist 'you.. anandhi.. come come.. valikkama x-ray edukka sonna ponnu vaa ma'. you know at that time, I never knew she is teasing me.. I was in proud that the radiographer has updated this info to this lady. Then only my mom asked me what is the matter and I explained her. She laughed loud and only after she explaning me i understood what is x-ray :))

Regards,
    Anandhi Ghiri

8. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Let me begin with mine.

Its not a pleasant one though. But after the whole episode was over, I did laugh over it.
    It was during my final year in college. During the first week of my third yr B.Com academic year.
    The first lecture was for Hindi. The class begun and amidst the lecture one of my pals asked for my Economics notebook. I gave it to her. She began copying the Eco notes in the Hindi period, much to my dismay [​IMG]. In no time she was caught by the teacher who asked both me and my pal to leave the class. My only fault was that I lent her my book...[​IMG][​IMG]

We entered the class again after the Hindi lecture was over and placed ourselves on the last bench (our usual place [​IMG]) along with our other group. It was now time for the Accounts lecture. The lecturer entered and boomed" Last benchers from all rows: please leave the class".[​IMG] This was our first lecture with the accounts prof , so we were unaware abt his disliking for lastbenchers...So for the second time I had to leave the class along with others.. Thats two in a row. [​IMG]

The third lecture was for Industrial Psychology. I had skipped her first lecture earlier that week due to some reason. The prof came, took the attendance, compared it with the earlier attendance and asked all who were not present in the earlier lecture to leave the class. U guys must be thinking.. Wow.. thats a hat- trick.[​IMG]
    The worst is yet to come.

I was so frustrated that I cound'nt care less.[​IMG] I thought that was the end of my saga of my sad stories.. Dissapointed I sat on the heighted verandah sill. In no time, the college peon came & took my ID away. That was the last straw. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    How I managed to get it back from him is altogether another story.

This incident , though unpleasant is still fresh in my memory. Narrating it was like going through a flash back for me.
    You could call it black day in the history of my college life. Till date all my friends remember this incident. It is always in our discussions whenever we meet up and of course we laught heartily over the entire episode.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Good thread Mals......and here goes my dose .......

We had been newly married then ( 3months old ) and was invited home by my SIL and her family for the usual Virunthu. As the place and the people were very new i was wondering to find some excuse to spend the time . There came my SIL handing over her 4 months old son to me and i was overjoyed to play with him. we played togetehr for almost 2 hours together and all in a jiffy i left him unattended and went to the help my SIL in the kitchen chores.

After 5 minutes when i came again to pick him up.........:spin:spin:spinOh my god what i seeeeeeeeeeee :drool

His dad (BIL) had culled him up immediately after his bath and this little naughty boy had hit the bath towel tied around his waist .........and the rest.........Big LaughBig Laugh..Though embarrassed in such a situation . we (hubby, SIL inlaws) had a great dose of laugh....for many hours together ........Poor BIL.......bonk. Even after 6 years from now we still tease him .

Cheers
    Ramya

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

It just happened yesterday...

I was chatting with my friends online. There was a knock and then a buzz on the calling bell...I peeped through the view finder to see a middle aged lady lounging...

So opened the door and said yes...She started, what that maami is not there, the one who is fair and thin...(i think she was wondering what happened to her..) then i said there is no body like that..then i asked her the maami's name..she said so and so...i guided her saying she has come to the wrong block...
    She stood blank for a few seconds and quietly asks me why am i in the wrong block..then why should her flat be moved from this block...I stood there thinking if i was stupid or the lady was dumb..
    Came inside and had a riot of laughter ....