1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My heart is heavy and my eyes are laden with tears

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 15, 2008.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]My heart is heavy and my eyes are laden with tears…[/FONT]</pre>
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]</pre>
    [FONT=&quot]Why do you all make me cry and soak me with blood? Why should I be the victim of your hatred? Why I am chosen in your wicked thoughts? I love you all very much. I do not distinguish you with caste or creed. I carry the heavy footprints of mankind from all religion with pride. I stand tall during crisis and give you the bed to sleep. I am the dream of millions of people on Earth who come to me with hopes in their heart. I have lived up to their dreams and have given them bread and butter and have made sure each gets his corner. I do not distinguish them as the child of “Imran” or “Alex” or “Venkatesh”. They are all my children who have the same form and mind and are given the same capabilities to think and perform. Yet, few raise the baton and shed blood. I have been smelling blood from the time the earth has been formed; I am tired of seeing my children die on me. When they fall on me with their closed eyes, all I have to tell is, was your life worth the sacrifice? Whom did you satisfy my child? Why did you give yourself in to such petty fights created by few hooligans living in mansions? I am weeping coz I had made a room for you and your family but you chose to go the wrong way. When another one screamed for help, I was giving him warmth and praying someone notices him and gets his admitted in the nearest hospital. I could see his father coming in tatters to pick up his genetic child to the hospital crying all the way, there is no other bread winner in the family and he does not have money to spend for the treatment. I was still on my prayers for this child as he had lost his limb in the fight. I could hear the echoes of laughter and fun from the house of the men who created it. They were gulping down liquor of foreign brand and there were food from different religion on their dining table. My heart is so heavy my dear and my eyes are laden with tears. I do not want to here the gun shots again; I do not want to see bodies piled on me again. I am not prepared to see my kids getting wandered in the myths of religion, I am extremely moved my friends. The sea comes and wipes my tears, the wind blows cold breeze in me to keep my sorrows out, like a mother, all that I want is happiness for my children. I am Mumbai and my heart is heavy and my eyes are laden with tears. I am not part of this communal riot. I love my kids from all sectors of the world. Do not entwine me in your dirty thoughts; do not drag me in your evil deeds. I want all of you to live happily; I want to hear more success stories as I am tired of the blood spat on me from my own children. I am Mumbai and my heart is very heavy and eyes are swollen with tears.[/FONT]</pre>

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    When I saw the thread title with your name beneath, I did guess it right.
    Knowing how much you are into social awareness, no wonder you are full of anguish.
    This happened to Tamilians in Bangalore a few years back.
    The meaning of the word fellow human-being has now changed to Mumbaite, Madrasi, Bihari etc. Have we really become so narrow-minded? Unbelievable, but sadly true.
    All that we can pray for, is
    May better sense & wisdom prevail.
    Love,
    chithra.

3. sreshta

sreshta New IL'ite

Cool Down Dear Mumbai.
    I am Mother Earth . I am called the embodiment of patience and I keep moving with some hope.Things will change. As you are a part of me, follow my footsteps,gather strength and forgive your children!
    My blessings! Peace!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

this is kaliyuga and all is coming to an end all over and mumbai is just a part of it, it is the brain of people that is taking a ravana and dushasana, they are showing their physical might to get attention...a bird's view is different and who reach there have to think again about all these actions, and retract ...sunkan

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello mals

dear dear mumbai
    wonder why suffer more?
    the blasts on the 12th of march
    more to follow the dates to erase
    then nature's wrath
    rains flooding house plains
    trains or workplace...
    then again bombs here and there...

rise like a phoenix...
    you always do..
    sometimes with more vigour
    just to show
    there is no man or animal
    nature at its worst...
    or selfish wild animals
    who
    can bring harm to you

sathya

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi malspie
    U have very emmotinally laid down the anguish of mother earth & its children !
    It grieves to see those news even on TV. All beating & shedding of blood.
    And all this Just for some political gain.All the time the victom are the innocent people. No so called ?leaders have any wound to show. And wonder no politcal party wheather congress or BJP or NCP taking any firm stand ,every body watching other & let the common people die.( all are in the same boat behind the screen looking for thier profit ,if it is there than only they speak,nobody worry abt the common man )This is cheapst poltics of todays leader but it is present in one or other form every where.
    Hope that it settles down as quickly as possible.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

True, Mals, true, this is what we hear everyday in the news.
    Wonder where the world is going...blame it on Kaliyuga..
    All human-beings unite for a good cause--even the yuga's qualities can be changed.
    Praying for peace...

sriniketan

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearmost Mals my sweetie
    That I am touched by your writing is an understatement. You are incredible and am proud to know such a passionate woman. We need more of you and thank god you are there. It is my belief that when one takes the time to write on anything it should add value to either the writer or reader. You are living proof on someone I hope to emulate. Thanks for writing . I interpret it as Mother Earth or any city or place in the World. These lines prove that it is Mother Earth crying out...
    "When they fall on me with their closed eyes, all I have to tell is, was your life worth the sacrifice? Whom did you satisfy my child? .."
    Thanks again..

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mals,

One of the best ever! You have brought out the generosity and grief of Mumbai very well. As a half Mumbaiite, I can share your sorrow to see our beautiful home, city being torn apart by bombs and strife.

Have you read 'Bombay' by Suketu Mehta? I am reading it now and it is so informative and revealing.

regards
    vidya

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chits,

After a long time gap, I see you in my thread with the first FB. There is an old saying "Bad Habits die hard". I would like to say, "In few, good habits also die hard". I am a thorough Mumbaikar, in my habits and culture. My first spoken words were Hindi and Marathi. I have learnt my mother tongue quite late in life. There are many like me in Mumbai who cannot imagine life beyond this city which is so full of life. We walk down the road at 1 at night and still find 100's of people walking with us. There is no fear in this city as we find the whole city our home. Barring few souls who are trying to disturb the communal harmony in this beautiful city which is also called as "MAYANAGARI" as it had made many dreams come true, we can never hate Mumbai. My heart actually cries for my city.