1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guess where in the world is this place

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,
    I warn those people who keep their place clean:thumbsup skip this article and read some other nice articles in this section.:wave

this place in my house has not been used to its intended capacity.
    In this place you will find the car keys, pagers or even the watch of my husband.

this is the place where you will find fruits which are offered to God, are kept so that it is not mixed with the other fruits.

Dictionary has a place here. This is because of me wanting to know the meaning of the words or for playing games, of course, in IL

Mails of last week, this week, bills to be paid, etc.

You may not be surprised to learn that, one day after cleaning this place, we found an important tax payment form to be paid. Luckily due date no yet over.

Table decorations, accessories to the computer along with the cable, headphones, etc.

2 laptops, with a printer and papers for the printer.

one time-piece to see the time.

When needed ' side' all of these things to do the homework and read for the next day school.

Book-shelf to have important books to be read.

corner shelf to hold mails to be filed

school back-packs and tennis racket.

Last but not the least, Garbage bag to put off the unwanted things(?), then and there.

cleaned only when guests are in. At this time, this place is fully utilised and justice been done.

Did you guess which place is this, in my house-hold. Hold your breath please.

It is the DINING ROOM AND THE DINING TABLE.

still shocked to believe but it is the truth.

Poor me to keep the house like this.:-(

You are all welcome to see whether this is true. To your disappointment it will be clean because as I told you earlier that it will be cleaned before the guests are in!

sriniketan

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

That was funny Sriniketan - as I kept reading, I thought it has got to be the dining room table!! I confess that I only have a plant as a centerpiece on my table - but I do have a basket in my kitchen - where all the mail/bills to be paid/etc. goes into that I have to sort through every once in a while to see if anything important got lost in it!

3. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I couldnt stop Laughing......really.....
    I know my mother used to scold me, my dad and my brother for keeping the reading table like that. It was in our drawing room.

I used to iron clothes on it while watching TV. My brother always kept his school books on it, and my dad used to keep all the papers and mails there..

My mother was tired of cleaning all the time...

Thanks to my Husabnd...he loves to keep the house clean...So I atleast try to keep it clean.

But ofcourse, I do clean it up just before Guests arrive. So, i get a lot of compliments for a clean and tidy house.Little do they know, they will be in for a shock, if they pay me a surprise visit........

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

As i read your post, i was thinking, do you have a hidden camera in my dining room:eek :eek ??

Yes i can very well visualize yours now. Just this past weekend, i cleaned up the whole table ( no we did not have any visitors, but was looking for misplaced car keys!!) . The keys were elsewhere, but the table was thanking the keys for the unexpected good fortune of receving some TLC and nice lemon oil and the works:thumbsup

Vandhana

5. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

hello Sriniketan,
    Thats a good one.C what u can find in my dining table - our family- me,hubby and 16-month old son.

Half-eaten banana
    Dirty bib , clean bibs
    Sipper
    Water filter 4-5 glasses
    Plates few dirty
    Building blocks
    spoons
    DHL boxes
    Carry bags
    Salt
    ball
    Mails
    Ad papers

and more

6. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Its been six years since we moved into our home and we yet have to furnish the forrmal dining area. So y'all can see how used it is going to be. Right now half of our huge kitchen table (capacity 8 seater) has all the items mentioned in the previous posts:tongue and they roll on to the counter space too:-(

7. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,

Your description matches exactly the dining table I have. Till reading your thread, I used to look at it with aversion. Now, I will look at it sympathetically since 'yeh to ghar ghar ki kahani hai'. Sometime back while searching for some bills I was thrilled to find some dollar bills. :)

I have a bag similar to this. It is the 'pandora's box'. You name anything you can get from it.:-D

Thanks for a nice, hilarious account of your dining table.

Regards,

TDU

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ilites,
    I don't know how Shobana peeked into this article :confused: as I warned those ilites, who keep their dining table clean, need to skip this article. Just kidding! Hats off to you Shobana! I wonder how you all keep it clean and I am not able to! I don't get it!

I am also glad to see so many people on my side8)
    Now i need not bother that my dining table is the one to be cleaned and all others keep it clean.
    One less tension for me and hope for others also who is on the same boat!

Eagerly waiting to know who will be in our boat or who will not?

TDU sir when you find dollar bills it meant you had 'lakshmi yogam' that day. But we do find 'lakshmi' when we clean our drawers. That is another story.

sriniketan

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  9. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey count me in!!!am in the same boat as you all with dirty dining table!one less tension for me too!:-D

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Sriniketan - Very humorous acount of your dining table. :rotfl Thank heavens I do not own a large dining table, else I would have filled it with things.