1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Let us spread sunshine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

The other day when my son was talking to his dad. he was telling dad, dont be sad try to remember something that was too nice and happy for you and just smile. It set me thinking. lessons from a child's mouth (I know he must never have heard or read about smile therapy). sometimes we do know all the lessons, all the tricks but it is very difficult to practice.

the word smile itself brings a smile in my mind. When you look at defintion for a smile it facial expression by flexing the muscles most notably near both ends of the mouth. It is an expression of pleasure. Well it takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty three to frown ( there is a lot of differences in the count of muscles..), just a second before you choose your excersing option What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. A genuine smile puts us at ease while a frown...........

There is always a mile in a smile. well i used to wonder but on second thoughts it is meant to bring out sunshine at least in the radius of a mile.

This year the smiley that has graced us as posters,in messages, to express a happy feeling turns 25. and October 5th is being celebrated as Smile Day. And there is a smile power day celebrated on june 15th (never knew that before.) But why smile power....
    a smile, too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

And now coming to smile therapy. how many times did you smile today. Try a smile trial for a minute. Relax your face and let a ‘Mona Lisa’ smile spread from your eyes to your lips. Now frown and sense the emotional and energetic shift. Feel the difference?
    Next time something gets you down, angry or upset do a smile therapy experiment by just thinking of your loved ones, the favourite song, the favourite book anything that could put back the smile there.Well i know some of you may be thinking i dont have something good to think, then here is another way just stand in front of a mirror and make your face into a smile. At first it may sound difficult and also crazy but will become easier to smile slowly because it is easy to share a smile with others, since it’s the second most contagious facial expression next to yawning.

I was browsing one of the thread, there were people who were stating that even a smile is not reciprocated by some people. I really felt bad. well gals the next time you smile and they dont reciprocate..let me assure you you have already made the day fine for yourself but worst for the grouch.

Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other - it doesn't matter who it is - and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other- Mother Teresa and to quote her again PEACE STARTS WITH A SMILE.

Well what are you waiting for...let us share smiles..................
    :smile:

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shan,

I never thought srivats words will inspire you to pour out so much info... Yes when he said that to me, I was really taken back and enjoyed myself.... Words of wisdom from small kids.... Kids talk from their heart, which are pure and unadulterated.... Unlike us with egos, likes & dislikes etc...

I agree with you, when you keep smiling all your problems gets dissolved automatically as you are with +ive energy....

Nice post with lots of info.....

On the lighter side of it, When a girl smile at us which person will not smile in return.....:biggrin2: ....

Veda

3. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Lots of smiles to your family and to all.
    8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Very well expressed Shanti. It costs nothing to greet one with a smile, much lesser muscles used for smile than for frown. But looks like many are not aware of it. So many are so kanjoos with their smiles ! If only they would realize that by smiling, they are doing the greatest favor to themselves than others, maybe they will smile more ?! Can never understand the human mind!

:):):):):):):):):):)
    L, Kamla :)

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

It is a nice post on smiles.When we smile the whole world becomes bright and when we are sad th whole world becomes dark. They smile radiates. Smile radiates happiness, smile radiates friendship, smile radiates love. Here are my smiles to all ILites.

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Regards,

TDU

6. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi
    Loved your post.I am typing this message with a smile on my face..:)
    Children make such casual remarks and it is upto us to get the embedded message.:clap

My 2 cents.. people with a smiling face are the ones who can come out of difficult situations quickly. Aging and facial wrinkles run away from them.

But some calculate the distance between the 2 S's in a smile.....
    s M I L E s
    Regards
    Honeybee

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi veda and krish22,

Thanks for peeping in....and lot of smiles to both of you... :smile::smile::smile::smile:

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kamla,

Looks like you are very busy following the threads....you have caught up so fast...

thanks for stepping in ...:smile::smile::smile::smile:

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Raman, sir i was actually inspired by the smiley turning 25....

Yes..smiles are great.....

Arz hai.....

Aap ka ek muskaan hamare duniya abad kara deh...
    par yeh nuska aap ko kaun samjaye.....
    -shanthi.

For those of you who don't understand hindi....

A single smile from you could make the world for me...
    but who is to explain this simple tip to you......

Keep Smiling, the world looks great............:smile::smile::smile::smile:

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi honeybee,

I loved your smile....:smile::smile:

Yes messages are given to us daily...through some source... how we act and react to it is upto us...

Yes..the more you smile, the more you radiate....and the beauty within shows...
    :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:s for you..............