1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I think I Love my Wife.!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vysan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Editor's Note: Thank you for sharing this with us. It has been chosen as the Best of Forums. Congratulations! for viewership by a larger audience we have it as an article here.

----------------------
    Hi

Today I saw one movie….I Think I Love my Wife…..This movie is a bout a person… He is married – love at first sight - with two sweet kids and in a good job…. But after the kids the love between the husband and wife is lost…. Though they sleep in the same bed they just sleep…But he loves his kids and is loyal to his wife… One day, an old girl friend of his comes to meet him... He finds happiness with her…She makes him to do things which he likes most… She knowing that he is married and father of two kids wants him… He goes behind her ends up beaten and almost losing his job…When he is to elope with that girl he realizes what he is doing and says…. Sorry I can’t do this… and goes back to his wife and family….

In between, the man realizes his mistakes and takes his wife to an Auto Exhibition, which he went the previous day with his girl friend and had a gala time by going on a video game, ends up seeing various types of Van models and comes back home bored…wants to look at the Vans….

I enjoyed the movie and while watching I was merrily commenting… how stupid that guy…. Having a meeting at 3.00 he just goes with that girl from NY to DC….. (Sorry I don’t know how far it is…. It is shown as going by flight... So...) how can he do all these things…Stupid fellow…?

After the movie… I made a self introspection…. This movie had some replica of my life…

I and my wife were working together... She is from a well off family and I am from Bottom middle class (?)... She is from a different caste and I am from a very orthodox Brahman….we don’t even eat garlic … It so happened we thought known devil is better than an unknown angel…. Got married against all opposition…. Follow up the career…. Two sweetu kids etc… She did her computers and that too a University Rank holder…Married me and became a pure house wife…If she had continued her carrier she would be earning a sizable salary more than me… Not by choice…. By Necessity…First kid then my mom not well etc...etc. and it is easier for intercaste marriages today. Those days .had to put up a lot on the name of caste….that is another story…

I was going for the job morning to evening she was at home taking care of the kids and cooking/washing…At work I got very friendly with a lady … she used to come home and all. I neglected my wife…but she took it coolly. Thanks to my wife... Her love and impeccable faith on me made me to come out clean….Today I am happy with my family…. I have never hidden anything from my wife….. She loves me a lot… and me too…

The twist in my story… was when I was in India taking a 4 months sabbatical from work to be with my ailing mother..The girl called me at home...said “Hi, would like to marry you…what ever I am earning is sufficient and we can provide for your wife and the kids...let them be comfortable...but I would like you to be my husband…” When I told my wife...she said that she knew the lady had those designs… but she kept her cool…she said if I say anything...it would make you feel my wife does not trust me...and make you think more on those lines… She did not have the support of both our families...no one to share…but she stood strong…she would not go and complain about me to anybody…she says it was her decision to marry me...so whatever comes it is hers alone…

Today whatever I am, is because of the strong & immense support given by her…The proverb “There is a women behind every man’s success” is absolutely true in my case…She stood like a pillar behind me at toughest times…Time and space can keep us apart… And she still is in friendly terms with the lady...I really admire her…..

Veda

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2014

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Veda,
    Shanti is really lucky and so are you. That's so thoughful of you to accept openly that she is the reason for your success. Not many men would do that.
    Most of them think I toil and she is just sitting at home and doing nothing. To keep your married life the wonderful union it is depends on both the man and wife. Kudos!!!!! to both of you. Happiness always to Shanthi and you.
    Shanti, did I catch you blushing?????????????

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi

I never thought veda would post all this here... well since he has posted.

...For me making a success of my marriage against all odds was most important.for few reason..people our mutual close friend said..what is there in veda.. he does not even have a roof over his head to offer you..some of our acquaintances gave us 10days/1month/1year maximum..What with me never having to count a single penny for anything until i got married..and veda with nothing..all his salary was for his family....he was not qualified when we got married..to put up the 400rs for the examination fees was a big problem.. then he would not have holidays to study...so i used to write the cc papers...make notes...(accounts was not my subject).. he completed ICWA. and CA Inter...luck was also bad...he would fail in one subject for want of 2 marks..or fail because he did not get the aggregate...those were the days..when kith and kin used to use the famous visu dialogue...ezudhuninaan--ezudhukiraan--ezuthuvaan...he just put his foot down that he will not write anymore... but he wrote..because of my nagging...he said ok if i pass i will give you the certifcate and you can frame it and hang it around your neck....(exactly these were the words..).today i am still pestering him to do ACS..and he says it is too dry for his taste..someday...

His paati used to make all unwanted comments...used not eat if i cook..but today i am called the annapoorani by her...she says my annapoorani and am hugged openly in front of the whole family................we command respect from all..

Coming to the girl episode...that is gone...the lady in question is married/divorced within a year... and still friendly with me.....

We may not be so big in term of financiall comforts....what we are is by our own hard work...we both have not brought a single pin from both the parents into the marriage...(and i respect my husband for this..when i could have brought much into)

Nothing was easy..but today our marriage is a success...with courage and determination,love,understanding...we have come this far....

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi janani..

no i am not blushing.:tongue. yeah i am lucky.. and thanks for your wishes....

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear shanthi and veda,
    may god keep u both together always, through all turbulants, tomorrow even the children will take sides with their spouse, so the value of each other should be there in u people's mind always..may god bless u both..sunkan

6. piu

piu New IL'ite

u two r really very wonderfull couple.I hope ur children could do better as u r.God bless u.Deer Veda u r really very lucky to have Shanti as ur wife.She is ur best soulmet.wish u very very happy life....wonderfull journey in life.

7. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

heyy!lady's story wa interesting but ...love will have its power going at all times....gud u didnt give it up to the woman...who everywhere are a havoc to men....

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello Vyasan and Shanvy,
    That was lovely of you both to share your life here......i can imagine how tough that must have been ....but the trust Shanvy had in you and the love between you both seems to have transformed both of you to higher planes. May you both always remain so! Life is not a game and it is never easy .....but if we have the support of the loved ones, then it can be taken easily!
    And Vyasan,....Change the title, sir......YOU KNOW NOT THINK THAT YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE! Come on, it is very evident from this post!:2thumbsup:

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Thank you sunkan.. may your blessing really come true (seriously have been staying away on and off for the past 7 years..even now..i am in chennai..) and i agree that children may take sides... after all children are not extensions of us..they are part of us who become an individual on their own. we believe that it is our duty and love to make our kids good human/individuals..as we have been responsible for thier existence with the blessing of god..but we dont expect... When you dont have expectations...you will not be hurt much....

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sudha,

Thank you. yes. it should have been really tough for veda to come out and write about this..i was aware only when he sent me the link by mail... Trust and love..are the most important things in marriage...
    Life has not been a bed of roses...but when you want the roses, you have to learn to tackle the thorns...:2thumbsup: