1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I think I Love my Wife.!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vysan, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi Imani,

There are quite a few Menfolk here.... Thanks... The love, faith & support of my wife has given me the strength.....

Veda

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    I have been reading the FBs to your epoch-making Thread but I have myself kept off writing on this thread. Initially, I was as bedazzled by your candid overview of your married life as a rabbit would be facing the headlights of an automobile! To be honest with you, I would never have expressed myself as explicitly as you have done and I have no doubt that this would bring Shanthi closer to you than ever before.

I am sure that your post would have had different effect on different people.
    Unmarried men and women would start praying for a similar life partner. You have become a role model for them! Happily married couple would find your experience as something similar to theirs. Couples with strained relationship would now start introspecting where they have gone wrong and all your revelations would be some kind of an eye-opener for them. Old couples who have had a beautiful relationship would be smiling to themselves indulgently while couples who missed the boat would be ruing their follies. Everyone in short would have identified themselves with your post in some way or other.

As far as I am concerned, your post has made me write a poem for the first time and I dedicate this to you and Shanthi. Here we go!

Yet another eventful day passes. Yet another sleepless night.
    A miniscule drop in the boundless <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeType>ocean</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName>Time</st1:placeName></st1:place>.
    A drop that has all the characteristics
    Of the mighty body of which it is a tiny part.
    A drop that, in essence, is boundless too.
    Is this what that is referred as Time standing still?
    A drop, if lived like we did yesterday, is Eternity in itself.
    It is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End.
    The First and the Last, that which Was, and Is and Is To Come.
    Can Time freeze? It can as it did yesterday.
    The Wheel has mercifully stopped moving
    Making my cup of Joy full to the brim.
    The Sun and the Moon will continue to go about their task
    So will the Seasons, the Summer and Spring, Autumn and Winter.
    But their passage will have no effect on My Time
    Now that you are with me.

Sri

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri,

Thanks a lot for your poem...It does not feel as the first...

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

Thanks for your poem..... Infact, it was great....

Actually when I wrote this one, it was in the middle of the night, immediately after watching the movie... It was my emotions that yes, Shan has stood by me and supported at testing times, that made me to write....I never for a moment thought it can be attributed or associated to others etc.... I thought I will post it and Shan will read it and understand.....The whole post is dedicated for her and for her unconditional love...

Thanks onceagain....

Veda

5. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi, U r really great! I just can't imagine a woman like u. Especially in love marriages though the wife has belief in her husband she will be worried abt the relatives and will keep her fingers crossed always as one donot know how the partners' view will change by the words of his relatives. Mine too is love marriage and initially I used to be very scared and worried abt my relatives (especially in-laws). But later when they understood me and accepted me, i am comfortable with them and it took nearly 5 to 6 years for them to fully understand me. The parents-in-law feel that the girl has come to take away their son from them. But only when they realise that it is not true they accept the girl. So u also would have had tough time with them until they accepted u.

I just can't imagine the second part of your story where Mr. Veda has explained abt the entry of another person in his life. It is great that u took it light and helped yr partner to come out of it. U r simply great. I am not sure if i will act like u had i been in yr position. I am too possessive. U have taught me a very good lesson. U taught me the strength of TRUST and how it will help us.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Veda And Shanvy,

It was very interesting and touching to read the post. Shanvy had already proved to be a good wife, great daughter-in-law and a wonderful mother to your kids. Her sacrifice to her career also shows that she was determined to make her marriage successful. She let go your attraction towards the other woman as she knew she was not wrong anywhere and when the day of decision making arrives you will not find a reason to drop her.

Since, I stay in a metro city like Mumbai, I can vociferously say marraiges crack when there are too many short comings. A little bit of adjustment is always appreciated. 60% of my friends are divorcees as they did not give a chance to understand each other. 10% of them are straying and are happy in the make shift arrangements ( no commitments), 5% have dropped their spouse for the other woman or man. These 5% have been tolerting something which they never wanted to, slowly when opportunity came, they dropped.

Shanti, gave no room for you to make such decision. Thats the reason you had to back out from your attraction.

True love always wins, it undertands no bonds.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi sujathae..

Thanks for your comments. When I take a decision i have to learn to stand by it whatever be the outcoming result..that is my principle....I have not talked much about the adjustments/the comments/the hurt because thinking/talking about it is not going to help me... it was there..believe in tons...to make my shoulders slump....but according to friends and family it was my funeral...so i cant complain....... Now that things are smooth why to think about what they have done to hurt me...

..but as i read through your fb i was wondering have i come up to look like a doormat...no sorry i have too much self respect to do so....I may have looked very cool.and have taken it lightly..believe me it was very difficult...when you trust a person you have to believe in them.. and i feel being too possessive is like a noose around the neck...i need space..so does my husband...

When i love my husband or children i dont do it with the expectation that they have to love me back....because the decision to love them is in my hand..but whether they want to or not is not in my hands......

Trust is the best gift you can give your husband, your growing up kids...and believing in them when the whole world does not....

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi mals,
    Thanks for your complements...and your vote of confidence in me:mrgreen:

9. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I always have a confusion. My hubby is an egoistic person. Even I too feel like telling him frequently "I LOVE U". But also sometimes I used to say. But he never revert it to me. I too expect the same words sometimes. It doesnt mean that he has to say whenever I say. I need his real love & affection from him. His family is not allowing him to be more closer to me. Shall I express my love words to him frequently?? Will it make me more down??

Sorry for disturbing U. Atleast I am happy that U couple understood each other. Will pray god for the same happiness always :yes:

Preethi

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi preethi,
    thanks for the wishes.....

Why do you stop saying I love... ...you are expressing yourself..why do you want to curb....Do you think it had let you down when you had said...i dont think so..some people dont know how to reciprocate....so by your continous saying may be he will learn to do it.......

As i mentioned earlier....
    When i love my husband or children i dont do it with the expectation that they have to love me back....because the decision to love them is in my hand..but whether they want to or not is not in my hands......

You have not disturbed us...