1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The accused

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Remanambiar, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Remanambiar

Remanambiar New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Chp%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I stand accused The word has got around
    (“Are you sure ?”
    “I am positive .she herself told me” ).
    My reasons have been discussed
    (“Why do you think she is like this ?How can she get away with it ?)
    I have been envied
    (‘Wish i was so lucky !!She must be a witch .I’ m sure “)
    My husband has been blamed
    (“How does he allow it ?Does’nt he mind ?)
    He has been pitied
    (“What a shame !Poor man .Must be his fate”)
    He has been accused
    (“Surely he is hen pecked .If it was me I’d have thrown her out long ago”)
    My mother has been taken to task
    (“This is all bad upbringing .Her mother has not seen to her education properly .”)
    Young newly married women eyed me with wonder
    (“Gosh how does she get away with it!!”)
    Eyes follow me everywhere .People whisper behind my back .Some confronted me , not able to believe what they heard
    (“What about your children …don’t they mind ?”What do you mean by you don’t do it
    ?”)
    Some were skeptical
    (“May be she has a reason .There must be something about her that we don’t know.”)
    And there are others who openly admire me
    (“Hey ,You are cool man .A true example of empowerment ,a free spirit.”)
    I am praised by some ,especially by my friends.
    (“Good for you,You are smart and lucky too”)
    My reasons have been analysed (‘Must be lazy and irresponsible”)
    And dissected .
    My crime has been visited on my daughters too.( “I hope you are not like your mother .”)
    ………..and my crime
    I don’t cook …….my husband is the one who does it .cause he loves cooking with a passion and I do not want to commit the crime of separating him from his love

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Superb piece lady. You held the reader in suspense till the very end. And the humour of it all as well as the justification you provided floored me. Keep writing such pieces. You can surely make many readers very, very happy. Thanks for this lovely composition.

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Remanambiar,

Really a wonderful post !!!

4. biancadee

biancadee New IL'ite

That was really awesome! :)

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear rema

hahahaha! that was hilarious. I thought so many things what it could be. wonderful. I like your hus and want to give him a big shake hand. Also you are very generous to accept your husbands first love !!!!!!!:rotfl

ganges

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey Rema you lucky girl !

that was a short lovely post and a jolly suspense :) good for you :thumbsup

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rema,

Another accusation is coming your way! This time we think you really possess a magic wand.:) Not only do you not cook and have a hubby who loves to cook which is enough to make every woman here go green with envy, you even write about it and it gets nominated for the FP of the month!! How's that possible?:)

That was delicious piece of writing and you kept me in suspense till the last line. Full of wit and charm.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

:) :thumbsup A nice, short and sweet post. It kept me wondering what you were on about right till the end. You are surely one lucky cookie!

Congratulations on the nomination.

9. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi

that was a wonderful and hilarious one. enjoyed it very much.

keep posting.

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rema,
    You made me bite my nails while reading your post . Thoughts began to cluster my mind " what would be "?When the cat came out of the bag!!! Like Agatha Christie, you maintained the suspense till the end. Superb narration!!! You know one thing,
    The men's, who love cooking motives are honorable. They love cooking, they love eating and they love entertaining. The side benefits? Ladies love a guy who can cook.Husband's passion and creativity in the kitchen make wife swoon. So dear enjoy!!!
    with love
    pad