1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nothing but true! - A thief in my house!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sarajara, May 11, 2010.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

What happened yesterday was nothing less than a "RGV" thriller.

I had just come back from office. DD was not in station and hence only both of us and my DH was still in office by the time i reached home.

I just keyed in and opened the lock and just stepped into the house.I heard a door in the house being shut in a hurry that it caused a bang!

My heart stopped beating for few seconds and started pounding faster than ever. I thought of trying to check in every room one by one. But "Wait " told my brain. "You are a woman - what if there is a guy in hiding? what if he attacked you from behind?" Terrified than ever i came out of the house, closed the door and rang up my DH from my mobile.

He picked and asked" What's the matter?" I said "I am at home now and i think that some one else is there in the house already!" I whispered.He mistook that i was in the construction place where the new flat was being built. He said "So what get in and see how the walls in all the rooms have been built" I was confused and toally had forgotten about every thing else on earth then. I told him " I opened the door and heard some one close one of the room's door in a hurry. Am Scared!"

He stopped for a moment realising the situation. He was quick to recollect himself and suggest " Take the security and check the rooms". After that he said something about him returing home which dint even get registered in my brains.

I ran downstairs looking for the security. I saw the couple who were our friends who lived in the same apartment but a different floor.The lady asked me kindly " Are you leaving for office?" suddenly i got irritated as i found tht question absolutely senseless; but realised in a moment that i am trying to find fault with her because of my situation i replied " Nope I am just back"

By this time i thought whether i should tell them the news or not.I decided not to tell and panick them as well as they were just returning after their day at office.

I went looking for the guards, they were not there. What else do I need in life to think of all sorts of unwanted happenings! I cried out for them outside their servant accomodation " Lokesh..." "Vivek...." Rajeeb...."

" Lokesh..." No Reply... " Lokesh..." .....
    " Lokesh..."

"Vivek..." "Vivek..." "Vivek..."

"Vivek..." "Lokesh...."

The guards were never out of their places. They would always be there in front of the entrance round the clock.And they have always been prompt in gatekeeping that most of our friends and guests coming to our house were thinking that we had automatic gates for our small 3 storeyed apartment complex!

They were not hired fromm any agency as such . They have just come in for their jobs on their own and were very sincere.

I had been calling them for quite somtieme and couldn't get any reply.I looked for them in the carpark too..no reply!

I could hear my heart beating fast that i felt that i couldnt bear the noise of the beating heart!:spin

I ran again towards the entrance to spot some new vehicle or suspicious person. Thank God Vivek whowas then on duty was on call.Oh what a relief!

"Vivek Can you come to our house?" I requested. "why madam?" he asked politely.

"I opened the door when i came back from office and I could hear someone closing one of the rooms with a bang. Can you come and check please" I was literally pleading.

"Ok madam" he said and he went forward with me following him trembling with fear.

I opened the door again "grrrr.." I could hear the door closing slowly with a screech. The security was behaving as if he could hear anything.

He checked the rooms one by one. Master bed room, Guest bed room, Wash rooms, no one or nothing was spotted. I stood in the drawing room scared to go anywhere looking for the theif to attack us from some where behind.

I started evaluating the abilities of th security. He is a very young guy ( 'lad' as appropriately mentioned in old stories and poems)
    i was horrified to think about his condition if the attacker is quite strong. I doubted this young boy's ability to withstand the attack without much damages for himself. My heart went chilling now.

Only door to be checked was that of the kitchen. I was going behind the security boy to check out what is in store. I saw the kitchen door moving slightly and held my breath tight.He opened it and couldn;t find any thing or any one. I cheked every nook and corner of the room especially the space behind the door to see if the theif was hiding there!

Alas! I failed! I was struck by an thought all of a sudden.I had left the house without closing the kitchen door that it was not even latched.Hence when I had opened the main door the air pressure had made the kitchen door close with a bang. Once again when i was opening and closing the main door slowly the door had closed slowly with a screeching sound.

I told the security guy my guess and he left the flat. It took me quite sometime to return to normalcy.

I decided to do two things then.

1) Close all the doors properly before leaving home.
    2) Do not let memory run to extremes when something new happens.

I would never forget this day in my life when I found myself loaded with heights of Stupidity.

sindmani likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Sarajara

Oh what a relief, it was real suspense till the last. I was thinking myself in that situation and thinking what I woudl have done. Good nothing serious. This was like reading a horror story.

love
    viji

3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

viji mam!

Thanks for the first FB :)

I am never good at describing stuff my parents say. I never say to the point it seems.

your fb gives me a confidence that i have improved :)

"good nothing serious" yes i could really not believe that it was nothing.

It took quite sometime for the truth to sink in to my senses even if my brain accepted it.

Just like the "Indian Movie"

"Arivuku Puriyudhu Manasukku Puriyala" :)

4. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sarajara - I thought there really was a thief in your house. We had that experience. last year we went on a holiday just for three nights and came back on the fourth day. When we tried to open the front door we found the door was not locked and left open. We live in a penthouse in the 11th and 12th floor and we were shocked to see the thieves had entered our unit through the kitchen window by removing the mesh door. They had taken away two laptops, some jewellery and some cash. They didn't want to go down by the lift because there are cameras everywhere. They had gone to two more units beneath us and stolen cash and laptops from there too in spite of the fact the owners were there but they were all sleeping.With the help of a long rope they climbed down all the way down from the top of the building and escaped. Later on we came to know that they reached the top of the building through the fire escape. The fire escape is not supposed to be locked ever because it is an emergency exit. Nowadays even if I step out of the house for 10 minutes I lock all the doors and windows.

5. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

A big sigh of relief Sara... you kept us wondering what happened.... made us run with you around to find the security... thank goodness nothing happened
    Aparna

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Sarajara,
    I went breathless with your post. That was a relief atlast.

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Uffff Sarajara
    You are God father of RGV thriller...........
    The way you have written just read it it in one breath. Thank God there was no one in the house.......
    I finished my quota for the nomination of finest post or I would have ran to nominate it, but still I have put it there becoz many read it there and come here to read.

Excellent the suspense was till the end.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  8. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Lovely narration to give the feel of a thriller film.
    I think I too would have reacted in the same manner for I get scared at such moments and act so fast that the brain fails to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing there wasn't any thief at last!!!

9. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

really a lovely narration of the situation dear!
    its the human mind of a person that takes us to such extremes!
    but happy that you are much cautious! its a must for everybody to be dear!
    nothing is lose of being aware of thieves like this!

of course we need to be!:thumbsup

10. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the compliments moni:)sad to hear that your house was really broken down by thiefs. Laptops are costly stuff and for people like me and my DH who use company laptops it would be the most embarasssing theing that could ever happen to us. hmm we had a similar experience when i was in school completion. But then we were back before the guys could steal anything . They had escaped out knowing that we are suspicious.