1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamz unlimited

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, May 1, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dreamz Unlimited.

A revolting dream I had about lizards a few nights ago set me thinking. Why is it that some people have good dreams while others do not? Is dreaming as complicated as life itself? I mean some have real good lives while others don't. And don’t tell me you dream only what you deserve. I have read that dreams are actually a manifestation of one’s thoughts during the day. But no, I have never even remotely thought of the things that I dream about. My last fleeting thoughts before calling it a day are typical of an organized (?) home maker and as mundane as the next day’s menu.

Isn't it totally unfair that Cheeniya Sir dreams of Aishwarya Rai on horseback while I dream of these crawling creatures that assume incredibly massive forms just to make me cringe and shiver in my sleep? Why? Don’t I deserve to dream of SRK too ??? And did you notice what an undemanding person I am - I am realistic enough, even in my dreams to not want someone who tops the list of world’s most sexiest men, like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp (NO….I do not want to swoon and be found unconscious the next morning) but our desi SRK or Maddy would be more than adequate. The fact that I would be tongue tied and just stare at them with my mouth shut is something which I choose to ignore at this point.

All I ask is for some exotic dream. Some action, something absolutely thrilling, that I can talk about for at least the whole of next day. But sigh! We all know that we do not dream what we want to. Life is like that!

“A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.” so said someone great.Oh my God, if that were true I would be the craziest person in the whole world because that’s what my dreams are ---absolutely bizarre! For a long time I thought that I slept dreamlessly but then realized that was only because most of the times I just cannot for the life of me recall my dreams. Then somebody mentions a keyword here or there and it all comes rushing back.

The most recurring one being ….. It is the eve of my Hindi (or worse, Marathi) final exams in school and I am totally unprepared for it .There are at least four to five chapters that I have yet to read for the first time. Ooof! This dream leaves me sweating and so tense that if I wake up suddenly it is sheer heaven that I find myself in, with the tension of exams and studies being a thing of the past. "Hey you, that chapter is forever closed in your life", I tell myself with glee.

Another one is…. I just miss a train. I am running (and running, LOL) in the platform and the train is picking up speed a la DDLJ or Jab we Met kind of situation but alas! No SRK or Shahid Kapoor to give me a hand and pull me inside the compartment. Really, it’s too bad!

Then this is probably the weirdest dream I had, only once but that was enough…. I am declared dead and my body is being burnt. Ohhhh but it is terrible, because I can feel the fire, and therefore realise that I’m still alive, and I try to jump out of the fire. I wake up and worriedly tell my family that NO, one doctor's word would not do, they MUST get a second opinion after my death before they decide to do away with me and my body. My hubby promised to get it certified from ALL the doctors in the world IF ONLY I let him sleep in peace for the rest of the night.

Maybe I must listen to my parents after all and say my prayers just before going to bed. Maybe that’s all it takes to have THE DREAM.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

As always well written and I have come here to give the first fb. Usually people after reading a thread will think about it , then come back and write the fb. But I have no patience so whatever comes to my mind at that time I post it. Nice to know about your dreams but not of you declared dead. This means you are going to live for a long time. Usually they say if you dream of someone dying that person will live for long and that some good thing will happen in your family.

I always dream that I am lost in the dream and cant find the way, though in real life it has not happened till now because I am very independent and can go anywhere alone. Only of late because of my health I take someone with me and go.

I can remember this much so will come back if I remember anything.
    But itself is long I think. Let me not bore you

love
    viji

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    A wonderful post with a touch of humor!!! In afantastic manner you have described your dreams!!!
    Why should you envy Mr Cheeniya ? Such anice person he is that is why Ash is coming in his dreams :)! So you want SRK or Maddy? You know I want " Ulaganaayagan" in my dream that too singing a duet with him in Alps!!! You know,
    dreams have been a mystery to us since Adam first breathed life. The stuff of legends, myth and fairy tale, dreams have always fascinated mankind. We can learn much from our dreams, if we only but listen with a trained ear. There is nothing psychic about understanding dreams. There is a certain degree of intuition, coupled with logic and a working knowledge of dreaming involved though.
    Sometimes I want that atleast in a dream I am a MD of a large firm, and opening a new branch of my firm cutting the ribbon: but poor me I always getting a dream of cutting a biggest pumpkin for cooking:rant!!! What to do? Seeing you dead in the dream means you are going to live for along time !!! Today you dream of me with Kamal, and you with Maddy singing a duet :)! Forget about all the weird dreams !!!
    with love
    pad

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    Why only Cheeniya sir should dream of Aishwarya Rai and our Kamalji of Rakhee Sawant. Off course yaar you too should dream of SRK on the black beauty and sing romantic songs....haha why run behind the trains.
    Tonight will come and sprakle some magic glitter on your head so that you will dream of SRK amd not just K....hehehe
    That was a fantastic one from from......
    You know i too dream a lot but as soon as I get up I just forget what I dreamt, sometime I wakeup and try to recollect but just can't remember what the dream was.

5. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Mindi,

Humour Unlimited in your Dreamz Unlimited.

I know the reason for you not dreaming about SRK......

These guys don't waste time with Mindi like females who don't bother to capitalize the moments of privacy in a small lift - left with a Super Star. The word has spread Mindi, so they won't come in your dreams. :rotfl

Even after burning you are still alive because when you live, you are controlling all your emotions like adoring the SRK's and you don't fulfill them. So the emotions want to fulfill their dreams, I suppose. :)

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    He was the loneliest person that ever walked the earth. Since he had never had any company, he did not even know what it would be like in some company. He would get up in the morning, eat whatever he wanted and by the way, there was no dearth of fruits, roots and what have you to stuff himself until he was too damn tired. At nightfall, he would sleep like a baby and an absolutely dreamless sleep. No one can dream of fruits and roots however nice they may be. I hope you get my point.

One night, he was unusually feeling restless and sleep was elusive. He had a strange panic gripping his heart and something told him that ‘all good things must come to an end’. For the first time in his life he had a dream and since he had never had an experience of dreaming, he felt very uncomfortable. He dreamt that a lion pounced on him and tore his chest. The lion got hold of his rib and broke it. He threw it up with an animal cry. Naturally of course since it was a lion and it was the only way it could cry. The rib went up and up and fell on the ground after an interminably long time. The moment the rib touched the ground, it started gyrating like a hideous belly dancer and in the process, it got well rounded and became a female form. Finally, the only dream that this man ever had became a reality and Eve arrived on the scene to keep company of Adam and what company it turned to be. It was probably indigestion that caused this dream in Adam that ultimately became a reality. Had he been a little more careful with those sour fruits, he would not have suffered that acidity attack ending in the rib breaking dream and he would have continued his happy existence without Eve. This woman knew Adam’s weakness for apples and the rest is history!

It is the collective life experience of folks from Adam down to us that comes as dreams to us. If they are weird, it means it is closer to the prehistoric period. If it Aishwarya Rai, please understand that you are fairly uptodate in your dream patterns. Dreams of lizards particularly the oversized ones may probably belong to the dinosaurs’ period just before they were eliminated from the face of the earth by a wayward asteroid. My only suggestion to you is to keep yourself abreast of the modern times. Read something about who is the latest beau of Deepika Padukone before you fall asleep. Graduate from SRK to someone younger. SRK is not far too different from the dinosaurs’ era!

Sri

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Too good.You have lousy dreams and Cheeniya has good ones eh ! Well really well written, and hilarious.Lizards ? cheeeeeeeee.

My dreams are very embarassing, i am normally withotu clothes in some strange land, and i am trying to find something to cover myself, in the crowd.Very embarassing and i get up with a sweat.i wonder why i dont dream that i am rich and famous, and that newspapers are after me, to write a coulumn for them for a fat fee ?:biglaugh

i must change my dreams to better ones, and for that i suppose i must start drinking scotch, what do u say to that ?Cheeniya drinks scotch and he gets an Ash on horseback, so now i am inspired by him to drink scotch now.

Lovely blog Mindi too good.

Regards

kamal

8. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Midian - What a coincidence! Today I have been telling everyone about the strange dream I had yesterday night. Both my brother and his wife came in my dream several times ( both are dead) and they both looked very happy. But throughout the dream they were trying to convey to me that people have forgotten them and I am the only one who remember and miss them all the time which is very true. I woke up at 3:30 AM and couldn't sleep after that. I was very upset throughout the day.
    Another dream I had few months back made me very happy. I was in an Ashram and I was cleaning the outside of the Ashram with a broom and spraying water to make the dust to settle down. Suddenly I saw Shirdi Baba coming out from inside the Ashram with a divine smile on His face and gave me some tulsi leaves. It was a glorious day for me.
    Oh no! I don't want to dream about SRK or even SK (who I think is much more handsome than SRK) for that matter. My worry is that why my dh never comes in my dreams. Does it mean something?

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  9. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

MINIDAN THAT WAS A NICE WRITE UP OF DREAMS,SOME UNDEFINED FEARS ,STAY ON WITH TILL TODAY TO WORRY OF. SOME DREAMS GO PLEASANTLY BY SOME HORN US ALL DAY LONG.
    I SEE A WHOLE MOVIE, IN MY DREAMS, THE SETTINGS, THE HERO HEROINES, ARE MOSTLY US, IT CAN BE ABOUT WAR, EARTHQUAKES, SINKING A IN A OCEAN, THE PICTURES STAY SO CLEARLY IN MY MIND THAT MY SON SAY YOU CAN MAKE MOVIES LOL.
    MOST OF THE DREAMS I SEE TURN TRUE WHETHER GOOD OR BAD, SO THE MOMENT I OPEN MY MOUTH--"I DREANT THAT........, MY CHILDREN WILL SHUT ME UPP, AND TELL ME TO DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE.
    OTHER THING THING I NEVER DREAM OF THE HOUSE I AM STAYING OR I HAVE STAYED I MAKE UP NEW SET FOR EACH DREAM, HAHA---I DONT EVEN SEE THE THING I HAVE---YYAH YAH STAY IN AN IMAGINARY WORLD BUT THATS NO PROBLEM LIKE IT:queen

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear mindi

what a surprise. I too often have the exact dreams like what you had. I always dream like I am in the exam hall and everybody except me is busily writing. this they explained as there is still the hunger to study in me. to some extend it is true. then I used to dream often like some body or something is behind me and I am running but not fast and also about missing the train a lot of times. Another one peculiar dream I often had is that I will be in some temple walking and walking but never will have a darshan of the deity. I dont know the meaning but these are the common dreams I used to get.

a very different subject and it is interesting to read the posting.

thank you

ganges