1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SOS: 51 32N, 0 5W; Middle of Crisis..HELP ME !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sabitha_K, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

HELP ME ! I am in the middle of a crisis..:drowning

It dawned on me this spring that I was trapped !
    Invisible nano-planktons are invading my body !!
    I need to raise invictus from the infesting ivy !!!

On the onset I could hardly feel its presence, but its tenacious hold on me was toxicating my body, mind and soul.

My biological chart informed me that I have crossed the rubicon and entered the sea of 'mid-life crisis' and IL was my only lifeboat.

If the average life-expectancy of a female is 60 according to the 'Advanced study of papparazi effects on celebrity women' ,I have just joined the league of extraordinary women who seem to be battling this invincible enemy.Amidst the concord-paced careers, globe-trotting adventures and pram-free perambulations,I never realized when the big-endian digit on my age was incremented by a factor of teeny-weeny one (from 20 to 30).It took me ten years to come face to face with my nemesis since I voyaged out of teens territory.The janus-faced ,most fierce enemy I have encountered so far, attacks physiologically and psychologically.

Aptly named 'mid-life crisis' , as the evidence is glaringly visible on the midriff where the stubborn fat decides to occupy illegally and lay its foundation ,and the mid-hair parting is trafficking by selling white goods with two for one offer.Everything that wobbles is sending you distress signal to be attended immediately lest you lose contact with it forever.You resent the innovativeness of cosmetic firms who could not invent a straightener to flatten those winking wrinkles !

It shook me to the core and I thought I would send turbulent tremors competing with Icelandic volcano ( Yes I cannot remember what it is called now, another symptom where your memory betrays in the middle of the sentence).

Days crossed, weeks passed in the fierce battleground to hack those white weeds and ruthlessly yank those black hydra-headed buds polluting my garden of life.As I was about to be declared the winning warrior when the springy enemy struck in the most untimely manner ! My dear friend's nephew welcomed me as 'Aunty' during my trip to India.This was the most dreaded honour for an Amazonian woman who has just returned homeland to commemorate victory ; promoted from 'Didi' to 'Aunty'.I listened patiently to his juvenile tales of love,lass and life;all the while pondering which loyal aide of mine has betrayed me.

His parting note on my advice - 'how to steer clear from icy friends,seductive sirens and navigate smoothly in life' took me by surprise."You have grown so wiser", he responded.Have I ?

That was when I realized that I have also travelled midway on my journey to enlightenment.Each passing day, week, year added more experience, wisdom bringing me closer to my scintillating shore.

I have managed to maneuver through the troughs and peaks in life learning a new lesson imprinted as scar on the surface of my skin, memory in the folds of my mind, stamp on the scales of my soul.That was when I embraced the pervading enemy and decided to call it a truce.We decided to walk hand-in-hand till the end of this journey, guided by the ageless & accumulating knowledge in life.

Some of the recent developments I am seeing are perhaps new accoutrements to equip me to withstand what lies ahead on my exciting journey now.

Yes I am setting my sails to cruise in this crisis, to enjoy ! Hold on ..do I see some crows with ugly feet hovering on the starboard.:crazy

P.S: Dedicated to all my dear snippelites who were wondering if I had left you all in the middle of this virtual odyssey.No way, still anchored at 51 32N,0 5W (Coordinates of London).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita

I just came here to give you the first fb which I always think it is a pleasure. To tell you the truth I am not so well versed in English. I just understood that you have crossed the teenage , is it right.
    Wish you all the best in life.

love
    viji

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

What a coincidence Sabitha...only 2 days back, me and my dh were talking about why the term 'mid-life crisis'? Maybe it is because of our hormones making some of the wrecks, or thinking about the education or marriage of the children, work load, health crisis..make us go :spin.

You sounded like a teenager, Sabitha on the phone..really are you entering my thresold?:wink:

sriniketan

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Vijiji,

I am so sorry to have confused you with my ramble !

Yes , you are absolutely right that it was about the crossing of teenage phase and it is just that it has been a long time after that.:crazy

Thanks for your wishes, the pleasure is all mine to have received your feedback as the first one and I truely believe it as a blessing.I hope things are great at your end and looks like you are having a wonderful time here @IL.:thumbsup

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Srini,

Let me quickly ask you something.Have you started skipping again ? After the earth shattering quakes, is it lava spewing volcanoes that you are enraging now.:crazy:crazy

I am so happy to see you here and thanks for your feedback.

Do I sound young ? Perhaps people young at heart sound young in voice as well.Thanks Goodness ! There is something that does not deteriote with age.If you think that I sound like a teenager then you should converse with Paulina and you will astonished wondering how could this school girl register in IL violating member rules and Paddy's enthusiasm would enable me to run a marathon to India not taking a flight instead.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Aunty Saby:biglaugh:hide::biglaugh
    That was superb one on mid crises changing yourself from teens to adult:)
    Don't worry very soon you will get use to it......hehehe
    Sometime i see some members addressing me with mam and JI I really feel so odd about it but can't help it we grow and some additional names follow us :crazy
    I am still young thank God no one calls me aunty:biglaugh

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Sabitha

Going by the study by papparazi and what you have said there-on, you probably just had your birthday recently. This is my assumption and Welcome to the 3 club! Its all good and we are at our best towards mid 30s and come big 4, its cruise mode (atleast that is how I see it). Like Aruna said, you will get used to it soon :). I like to think I am young no matter what my winking wrinkles have to say or my creaking joints or the generous silver linings I have. Only a couple of IL members have addressed me "ma'm". Oh! that caused quite a stir inside me. But I do love my cousin's kids a lot and have a special place for them in my heart because they address my hubby "uncle" and me as "chechi" (older sister in Malayalam).

Enjoyed the post!

8. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

Well said Sabitha and K2S!
    Yes, the wrinkles have their stories to tell - of the good times and of laughter, of stress and deadlines, and of carefree summer afternoons spent outdoors (without the sunscreen ;-) of course...)

It only gets better from here :thumbsup

9. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear sabitha,
    That is one beautiful essay on the approaching of middle age and youu confronting it.Most women go through this phase ,some accepting it as a fact of life while for some the warning signals of approaching middle age is a crisis.I went through this phase,a chance remark from a family friend's son that I had aged a little hurt me.But middle age also means wisdom gathered over the years.Don't worry.with your wit and humour,middle age is going to be one jolley ride for you.
    love
    mithila

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

How did you know that point Sabitha...I really changed my skipping rope place..that made the volcanoes go :rant:hide:

Paulina and Paddy...I can imagine meeting them in person, full of enthu.

sriniketan