1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A close encounter....of the fourth kind???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey custard,

thanks dear for the visit...i am glad you found it funny and had a good laugh...a big :cheers to your sense of humour.:)

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oj-da,

You are almost a reference book for so many varied subjects!

Didn't know Jaya Bhaduri's father was so prominent and has a book to his credit.

Also, besides Phoolan Devi, hadn't heard of Putli Bai. Time to google!:hide:

I must say Bengal has produced some very beautiful people and I am a fan both of Sharmila and Jaya ( don't worry, you too:))!

L, Kamla

Sorry sweet Mindi for hijacking your thead!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Mindian,
    Happy that I read this post of yours.(I spend little time with my pc)whatever time I get I try to post something,selfish as Iam.Any how loved the lively post.You don't come across as an introvert,you come across as a warm caring friend,bubbly also.

Iam also a fan of Rajnikanth,rajni the humanbeing more than the actor.He is a vey humble Godfearing person.

love
    mithila

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear mithila mam,

Good to see you here…

I am also a fan of Rajnikanth,rajni the humanbeing more than the actor.He is a vey humble Godfearing person.

yes ,that is a nice way of putting it ...me too a fan of rajni as the human being than the actor..

You don't come across as an introvert,you come across as a warm caring friend,bubbly also

Hahaha..do I come across as a very lively person? The virtual world is indeed deceptive then :biglaugh…I am very friendly and bubbly with my close friends and that is what IL means to me so you are right in your judgement of me .:)

do take care and my affectionate regards to LN sir..

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    That was a wonderful writeup on your chance meeting with the Superstar! I liked your witty style of narration, especially your thought waves speaking up in blue fonts!
    I too had a rendezvous with the star on a flight from Bangalore to Chennai,in fact with Vivek and Shankar too after their shooting of 'Sivaji'. While the shuttle bus was transporting us to the aircraft, I was stunned to see director Shankar and Commedian Vivek seated next to me! And like you, I too didn't speak to either of them! Certainly not for reasons as your friend commented about your behaviour.....
    .....But because I thought they certainly deserved some privacy too! May be I was a fool to think differently..... but then, that is me.
    After landing in Chennai, another shuttle bus arrived to take us to the airport vicinity. This time Rajinikanth, as ever in simple jeans and kurtha walked into the waiting bus and sat in the last seat. I was all admiration at his simplicity! Once near the airport, We got down one after the other, and together, walking side by side, till he left out of the VIP exit while I took the commoners' exit.
    I enjoyed this bit of yours!
    Love
    Malathi

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi Mindi
    This thread of yours about your close encounter with the Super Star is going on and on and on like the tail of Hanumanji! Now I have forgotten whether I have written a FB or not! :biglaugh
    Sri

7. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,
    Very nice description.
    Neenga Rajini's neighbour aggivittingala illaiya,
    Adhuthaan Important.
    Analum Paavam ur hubby.
    Pls reply

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Malathi,

great to see you here :) looks like we are quite alike but i think i would have struck an conversation with my co passenger in the flight :biglaugh i do agree with you re their privacy i am sure they must be fed up with people following them everywhere like crazy...

.. but then, that is me.

haha malathi thats my favourite line too:)

yes,i too was very impressed with his simplicity.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahaha cheeniya sir,I totally agree with you.....:biglaugh

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear gaya,

a big hi dear as I am meeting you for the first time.
    yes, we became neighbours but never saw each other after this meeting hahaha .i agree with you my hubby paavam dhan.:biglaugh since he tolerates me :thumbsup