1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blame it on the Railways

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Blame it on the Railways<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Many blame the Railways for their missed appointments, but have u seen anyone blaming the Railways for the increase in the number of his children ! This is a classic one, heard it from someone recently.

Seems there was peon working in his office, and everyyear he would come and tell the Boss, increase my salary, as a kid has been born.Now when the peon, Suresh came for the 6<SUP>th</SUP> time, saying he has now 6 kids, the boss asked him, how come he is going on producing kids dhadadhad. Mukesh replied, Sir the Railways are to blame !!!

It seems Suresh was staying in a chawl close to the tracks , and every night at around 3 am, a superfast train used to go by, whose noise used to wake him up, and he could not sleep well after that. Well he would wake up his wife, who was not bothered and was fast asleep, and well they would get cosy under the sheet, and only after u know what, would he get a fast sleep, and hence bcs of the superfast, he got kids superfast, one each year !!!

Now we were all laughing , and then I remembered the Railway minister Laloo Prasad.Well he too had or has 12 kids, if I am not mistaken. He was in New York a few years back, and a NYT reporter asked him how come he had so many kids, and laloo replied with a straight face “ Main Chaddi nahin Pehenta” Meaning he does not wear an underwear.Now what the hell has an underwear got to do with the increase of kids ?The reporter was as stumped as me.

And there was this cloth printer called Trilok, a Sindhi. This I talk of the early eighties.i used to go very often to check the printing in his factory, and he gave me sweets one day, said, I have a son.That was his 11<SUP>th</SUP>, and I pulled his leg, and told him, u are so damn thin, and skinny, how did u manage so many, he said kamalbhai, what to do, if my wife is sleeping on a cot, and I just go around the cot, she gets pregnant !!! Flying pollens eh !

Recently I met him at a funeral after 25 years, and asked him the details, he said I have 12 kids, and 19 grandchildren, the daughters all married, and 5 sons stay with him with their wives and kids. Can u imagine the crowd in one house, and it seems the sons have taken over the production from their father , and are quite successful at it.!

Around a decade back there was news, that Mongolia Government will give a gold medal to guys who produce a few kids, I wish Trilok had volunteered, and he would have come back with sacks full of Gold Biscuits.

Even our ex President VV Giri used to have 11 or 12 kids, but they don’t have to worry, for they know all their expenses will be met, and they have the Rashtrapathi Bhavan to themselves, whereby even a 100 kids will have enough rooms to stay in comfortably.

In the olden days, making babies was fun.Every family used to have them by the dozens, the poorest would have like 4 ( A third of a dozen), half a dozen, and many went to the dozens. An uncle of ours, working overseas, retired at the age of 40, having 3 sons and a daughter.He retired to his hometown Gujerat.And then he went on a production spree, he sired 6 more daughters in his retirement.His three sons bore the brunt of sending money fo the household expenses, and the marriage of the 7 sisters.When Dad once asked him, how come, he said after retirement I was bored, so what to do ? So babies are sired of boredom too.so my friends here, don’t ever get bored, read Kamalji’s blogs everyday, what say !!!

We friends play cards for the last 25 years, every Sunday afternoon, we meet at 3 pm and play till 7 pm, with two rounds of tea, and some snacks, turns at each other homes.and most have one or two kids.I keep telling them, that bcs we play cards, that we have kept the production of kids in a limit.Imagine if were not to play cards, what would we do ? Have a nice chilled beer in the afternoon, then a heavy lunch of Kadi Chawaal, and then retire to the AC bedroom, and Sunday being the only time when we are relaxed, well u get cosy with the Mrs, and before u know it, a kid pops out , but that was prevented by our cards habit, so at least our cards did a good thing to all of us.So if u friends want to keep the kids in check, please find friends and play cards !!!

Who says gambling is Bad !!! Sanjay Gandhi , poor soul, if he was alive , he would have given us the gold medal.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Kamalj....1st FB!!!:thumbsup:hiya
    i have one kid and I know why... no railway line close to the house!!!.. so we just slept soundly:rotfl:rotfl
    I really wonder how people manage to sire and maintain the dozens of kids which they had in the earlier years.. I can't keep up with my ONE son...
    My MIL has 8 siblings and my Mom has 5 siblings from her mother and 3 more from step mother!!!... and so we have a LARGE extended family....
    K

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    You have handled the " adults only" matter in a very decent way. At the same time having too many kids is also economical issue. Too many mouths to be fed.
    Coming from a large family (I was the baby in a group of seven kids) and growing up with kids in my neighborhood who also came from large families, I always thought we were the norm. When I was growing up it was actually unusual to find families with just one or two kids. I recall in middle school becoming friends with a girl who was an only child. To me that was bizarre!Your mention about Laloo is :biglaughWell, one person felt that once you have too many children it's difficult to insure that all kids get the attention they deserve. Well, in some families with just one child, the parents don't give them attention either.The issue of how many kids you choose to have is a personal choice and we should respect each family's right to reproduce as they see fit.
    Now here is a joke:
    Desperate for a child, a couple asked their priest to pray for them. "I'm going on sabbatical to Rome," he replied. "I'll light a candle in St. Peter's for you."

When the priest returned three years later, he found the wife pregnant, tending two sets of twins. Elated, the priest asked to speak to her husband and congratulate him.

"He's gone to Rome," came the hurried reply, "to blow out that
    candle."

with love
    pad

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Sir,

A very humorous post again.

It reminded me of sitting in awe while watching the character Gandhari who bore 100 sons in B.R Chopra's Mahabharath.

At least the peon Suresh, Laloo and others in your post dint follow Gandhari.

BTW did Laloo really give such a ridiculous reply??? :hide:

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahahha kamalji i am :rotfl:rotfl .....flying pollens? haahha bless you for giving us a good laugh.

Hey K ,

i am with you here....thank GOD we were NEVER near any railway lines...so blessed with just one kid LOL that was a good one.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Oh God Kamalji........hilarious post!! :) :)
    Recently OJ ji's post mein the rishi performed agni pooja and he was blessed with 100 sons. Yahan abhi summer time hain and we have fire bans imposed on some days. So might be ek candle jalakar pooja karna padega and possibly agar ek bhi miley tho great!! Else, humey bhi railway line ke paas ghar ko shift karna padega :). And of course flying pollens!! HEHEHE............kitna asaan hota.

7. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Enlightened !! NO, NOT under the Bodhi tree BUT by the parables of THE ONE and ONLY

So dear children,

Listen carefully. Let me tell you about the birds and the bees and the railways and the cards as told to me ..........

Thank you, Kamalji,

Hilarious! Brilliant! Excellent! Am at a loss for superlatives to describe your post.

Amma15

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear K,

Good u dont stay close to the Railway line.:rotflDont u think, the builders can take advantage of my statement, and sell houses close to the railway lines to infertile couples and make a killing :biglaughWith that kindof family size, K, u dont need any outsiders for any family funtions.HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Thanks.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

Yes we should leave the production of the kids to the couples.:biglaughWho are we to interfere.Some need helping hands, the more the merrier, like the hutment people, more hands to beg, so who are we.

And some, well they just produce babies, a habit i guess, so we let them be.Agreed that mothers one one child do at times domt give the proper attention to that child.

the joke was too good, just imagine if the candle lit more, the village would have been flooeded with their kids eh ! HAHA

And how come u have apt jokes for every occassion.Next time i wantu to post jokes under yr posts like i do, that will make the blog extra special.what say:rotflthere is no copyright that kamaji can post jokes, for i too copy Khuswant, who may be copying someone else.HAHA

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear GC.

Yes laloo did say that, and ir ead that in the papers, swear, no jokes.
    And yes good they stopped before a dozen.HAHA

Regards

kamal