1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Mother in Law

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Photo Mother in Law​

Day before at lunchtime we were all sitting, and a very interesting topic came up.the usual topic of marriage, Radhika my daughter was narrating the weddings taking place in Indonesia</st1:place></st1:country-region>, the functions, and she needs to buy some clothes for the weddings coming ahead.

She has exhausted her dresses, they been seen everywhere in parties, and last time at her wedding what clothes my younger daughter Pushpa made, and bhabhi made , she took them and wore them for other functions, and they three are of almost same size, so her clothes come here, and clothes from here go there, a huge merrygo round which had me in splits.

We men are good this way.I have two suits stitched at her wedding , and its been 4 years, and no one tells me u are repeating the same stuff here and there.But ladies, well u should see the handbags they are carrying, look like suitcases to me.And the brands, well oh well, and whether they are original brands, or duplicates, and the topic goes on.We men are happy with the small wallets we carry, mine is just worn out, but I don’t change it, its still fine for me, and I feel a wallet in the pants is like your undies, no one else knows how old or worn out they are, just the owner knows.So why spend a few hundred bucks for a new one.

Well the topic came about marriages , and what the girls would prefer. Would the girl prefer India, where u have material omforts like maids, cooks, car drivers, etc, or searching for a NRI groom, but where the bride will have to work too, look after the soon to come kid, and do all the housework themselves.Given the choice, bhabhi said, first they would choose to go abroad, and undergo all the hassles, but would want to be independent of the inlaws, or the unmarried sister in law, they want the husband to themselves.

Bhabhi was saying she knows someone, who is looking for a “ Photo Mother in Law “, which I did not understand, and she said that is such a common phrase these days, meaning a dead MIL, whose photo hangs on the wall, who is dead, simple and straight.I could not stop laughing, sorry u mother in laws, or to be mother in laws, no offence meant, but I am just explaining to u, the preferences of the brides, who are choosing their life partners.

They are asking a lot of things now, these educated girls of today. They like a Dead MIL, just the only son, who will stand to inherit the property without hassles, and one who works overseas, so away from relatives.

The olden days of the MIL’s l ike Lalita Pawar are getting passé , where the lady used to terrorize the DIL.May be happening in villages among the uneducated, who are at the mercy of their inlaws, the educated urban ones, are calling the shots these days.

A cousin of mine, staying abroad, used to be brought to region India by his mother and taken all around <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> to see girls. A very nice guy, but most of the girls rejected him.He is one of 3 brothers, with his dad in business, good family, but the girls asked him, how many times will u take me for discos outings, and he was a simple fellow, like me perhaps, and he said, once a week we will go out, what is in yr name, what property and bank balance u have, and he said I will inherit from my dad, right now nothing in my name, as was the case with me when I married,

The girls used to reject him rather than the other way around, and tell him he is good friend material but a lousy husband one, and used to invite him for dates.He used to come and relate to us the episodes, and we used to have a good laugh at his discomfiture, and goad him to tell us what what the girls asked him, and what he replied.

But God is there for everyone, and he ultimately married, and has two kids, and as they say , Bhagwan ke ghar Der Hai , Andher Nahin hai “ . God got him married.!!!

So u MIL’s and the to be MIL’s soon, no offence meant, but be careful the lady coming in would be more comfortable to see u on the wall in a nice framed picture of yours with a lovely garland, than see u sitting on the sofa.

Take care, and be careful, hale and hearty, and take heart. You have to win over the DIL!!!

KAMAL MAHTANI

A JOKE

Shaam chiragon se Saja rakhi Hai
    Shart bottle se laga Rakhi Hai,
    Shayad aa jaye koi humse bdi pyasa
    Yahi sochkar hamne thodsi bache rakhi hai.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equations

Equation 1

Human = eat + sleep + work + enjoy
    Donkey = eat + sleep

Therefore:
    Human = Donkey + Work + enjoy

Therefore:
    Human-enjoy = Donkey + Work

In other words,
    A Human that doesn't know how to enjoy = Donkey that works.

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ ++ ++
    Equation 2

Man = eat + sleep + earn money
    Donkey = eat + sleep

Therefore:
    Man = Donkey + earn money

Therefore:
    Man-earn money = Donkey

In other words
    Man who doesn't earn money = Donkey

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +
    Equation 3

Woman= eat + sleep + spend
    Donkey = eat + sleep

Therefore:
    Woman = Donkey + spend
    Woman - spend = Donkey

In other words,
    Woman who doesn't spend = Donkey

++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +

To Conclude:
    From Equation 2 and Equation 3

Man who doesn't earn money = Woman who doesn't spend

So Man earns money not to let woman become a donkey!
    And a woman spends not to let the man become a donkey!

So, We have:
    Man + Woman = Donkey + earn money + Donkey + Spend money

Therefore from postulates 1 and 2, we can conclude

Man + Woman = 2 Donkeys that live happily together!

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    You said it right abt Photo MIL. My mom once told me abt her friend who was busy looking for a DIL, the prospective bride said point blank she doesn't want a MIL . My mom's friend was very hurt as the boy was her only son. As my mom was narrating this to us, she told me:" Jaya ! the moment you get ur son married pls commit suicide". She was laughing at me and my sis , both of us have only one son. She said : "Zamana badal gaya , u mother of boys pls die immediately after marriage".

I have friend here whose son got married with such pomp and style, now the bride has left the boy because he stays in small town since his business is thriving there. She opted to stay in the city and work, at last she didn't want rich small town boy and left him. Mind you both of them have studied in UK and have known each other.

I suppose the wheel moves so now is the time for women, we dictate terms.
    Jaya

3. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

Iam :rotfl..Comparison of handbags and vallets are nice and too funny...:biglaugh.Good stress buster :thumbsup

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Loved it Kamalji :thumbsup
    You never fail to makes us all laugh reading your write ups.
    I loved the wallet and handbags looking like suitcase description too.
    And ofcourse Photo MIL! This is new to me.
    WOW...girls are pretty bold indeed in setting the rules.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

The equations are really good:rotfl.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

Commit sucide eh ! :biglaughThe divorce u said was sad.We had a case here in jaipur, my friends daughter got married, in november last year, and seperated last month, and they stayed together just a few months.the marriage too was in a lot of pomp and show, and i feel very sad at what is happening today, there is no adjustment and tolerance among couples, Jaya !

Yes the wheel moves and today the females are in the cammanding position i suppose.

Good i dont have sons, or i would have been a worried person.HAHA

Regards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jajalakshmi,

Welcome to my blogs, they are time pass blogs, u wont get tolearn much from them.:biglaughBut they will surely bring a smile on yr face.

Thanks for the visit and keep comming please/these days most of my blogs on indus are flops.So thanks aton.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Knot,

Well girls are getting smarter and sharper, after all the years of the MIL rules, now they lay down the rules.The son is gone, before the mother can say BOO,

Glad i dont have sons, or i would have been a very worried person.HAHA

Regards

kamal

So how are the kittens now, any new ones come ?that was a super blog.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear MM,

Welcome and thanks for hte lovely comment.

Regards

kamal

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

:biglaughthe equations are too good...
    As it ended in a fairy tale style...I thought, men and women are fairies but you made them donkeys..:)

Even if you had boy or boys, you need not worry because you would be a Father in law..:idea

Enjoyed the Photo MIL..if it is a joke, but in reality, it is too sad to see the trend in the making.(I have a son too..:biglaugh)

sriniketan