1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Passs word mayhem

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jpatma, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Not a day goes where I don’t have to use password to gain access to something or other. I have several p/ws for different bank accounts, one for Google, one for yahoo ,one for my pc, one for hand phone, one for my home security, one for my alarm system & one for autogate.
    As much as possible I try to use the same for everything, am often prevented from using universal accepted solution. Because some sites are asking me now to use combination of 5 apha , 5 numericals & 3 symbols in a p/w.
    My home alarm goes berserk like a women in menopause, & then I need to key in p/w to switch off by the time whole neighborhood would be up . I will in my half sleep will press the my universal p/w with many failed attempts .
    Gone are the days when I could use ayaj(reverse of my name which I thought was best) , if needed add in 1,2, 3 like a kinder garden child. Like who can remember all the p/ws, while I am at a stage where I can’t remember what I had for breakfast by lunch time around. To compound matters some banks requires you to change p/w every now and then. Now they are demanding they do not accept all my universal p/w ayaj1,ayaj2,ayaj3. At least these p/w will make life easy.
    If you don’ t comply a pop up message comes” the p/w you are attempting to create is too similar to the previous p/w. Pls try again”.
    I once attempted to access bank account on line, was informed that “All p/w has to be 8 digits long”. I was forced to go the help desk. The friendly help desk asked me to verify that i was who I said I was by asking gazillion questions, my mother’s name, fathers name. If she was a Hindu she would have asked me my kul and gothra as though I want to do an archana.
    I gave all necessary answers and waited for the reply, after login the reply came”iam sorry you haveto go the branch to change the p/w in carefully modulated voice.
    Next day I showed up at the branch & explained my situation, the friendly counter staff looked at me an with an expression “ not another moron who can’t remember p/w.
    Then she asked me for the Holy grail of all p.w, the one I create initially. I said “ I am sorry I can’t remember. “No problem we will put your a/c in limbo” this is what she was thinking but dare not say it out.
    When I got home that day I listed all my p.w on a piece of paper,, along with other p.w that I am liable to forget at some stage or other and stashed it in the front cover of my book.
    That was couple of months ago, I forgotten the title of the book where I had placed my p.w
    I was told you only need to use the p/w LOVE with God and all his chambers and access are opened and this is universal and permanent. Here I am struggling with various passwords for various accesses, mind you they even rate the strength of my p/w. I still think "open sesame" is the best password.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i must say u have a tremendous sense of humour, and at yr self directed and not at others.

But dont worry the same is the problem with me.buti have the simplest of the passwords, which i cant state here, and i wonder what if someone used my indus id and posts some nonsense in my name ? Well so what, i can go and refute and say, u guys know me, soemone else is playing mischeif, and i can get away with that eh !

Seriosuly this is a serious matter, and u said write down, which is correct.

And thebook thing is damn good, but sad u lost the book.

But what a stupendous blog, and loved every mintue of reading it.

I am nominating this blog right now as the best one i ahve read thios month.

Regards

kamal

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    If you had only problems, I had problems galore!
    Online payments - passwords, internet passwords besides one whole lot, including some for my word files.
    Now, I have downloaded Access Manager 2 & made a complete list there. So, I just have to remember one password to open it- hey, its' so easy!
    The real 'open sesame'!Go ahead, download it & instal in your system. Fly free like a bird!
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

hilarious post jaya.

all of us are in the same boat and you expressed our feelings too very well.

though you forgot the book, you are lucky that it wasn't an ebook sort of a thing that would ask for a passsword to open it.

a big relief, IL didn't complicate much with the passwords.

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear J- Ma,

Lovely hilarious blog.. God i missed your humour so much:))

Yeah the passwords and codes are making life hell. I seem to perenially forget most of them:(

Loved your narration and the last statement.. the password of LOVE to GOD!!

Love,
    Mol.

6. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaya

hilarious post! I have the same problem. I have written down all the passwords and usernames I have come up with so far and posted right where I can find it easily. DH doesn't think this is safe, though. But for the time being, it is a life saver.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Jaya,
    Haha..these are some of many things I read and enjoyed the humour in those.

Rightly said..LOVE is the universal password in His kingdom..so easy na to remember..but to practice...um..that takes some time.

sriniketan

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

That was really funny.....absolutely enjoyed reading it! :)

Many of us relate to this everyday nightmare.

At my previous work, we had to keep changing the password
    ridiculously more often than others. I thought I would keep two
    of them handy so I could keep changing between the two.
    But the problem we had was, we could not use any from the
    previous 8 of them! Which meant, I had to have 8 new passwords
    before I could start recycling them again :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  9. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

for the office this one works:

an example -

the password is natpudan.01

1. the first letter to be in CAPS - you satisfy the Upper & lower Case requirement.

2. then you have a Full Stop - you satisfy the special character requirement.

3. then you have the numbers - you satisfy the Alpha Numeric requirement.

so the 1st Password will be Natpudan.01

then every 30 days or 45 or 60 days when you need to change the password.....

keep going with:

Natpudan.02

Natpudan.03

Natpudan.04................

This is my idea & it has worked in many offices I have worked with since the last 10 years.

easy to remember as well.

10. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Somestimes these kind of passwords were not accepted...

Natpudan.01
    Natpudan.02

Will get a message while changing the pwd as the recent password u had chosen is most similar to your old password... bla bla bla bla....
    Some rules to have a strong pwd will be displayed....
    :bonk

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009