1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

After I am No More

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

After I am No More

Some thoughts on death and afterlife, after i saw someone write something on this subject, so i pen down my thoughts.This is me, and this is what i feel, that I dont fear death, it has to come to me, its jus that i leave Harsha behind financially secure and emotionally too.

Dear Harsha,

One day I have to die.Either I die before u, or I die after u, or we both go together in some accident.Now I speak of the time if I go before you, and u out live me.Do me a favour and kindly honour my wishes, which are not many, some u may not like, but kindly honour the deceased’s wishes.

First , after u cremate me, don’t u cry.I have lived a full life, with no regrets.I have lived my married life with u, and till date of writing I have been faithful to u.God knows from now till death, if a voluptuous bomb seduces me, but don’t blame me, even sage Vishwamitra slipped for Maneka, so I am no sage, but till now none such has entered my life to take me away from you.

Do not take the trouble of making my brothers to take my ashes to Haridwar or Pushkar.If possible put them in the Worli Sea Face, where my Dad and grandma have been immersed.If not put me in any lake or nearby place, bcs it will not make a difference to my well being in any which way.I hate the pandas, and those greedy people will never give moksha to my soul, which dosnt need any either.

As it is u are a vegetarian, so being veg for the 12 days should not be a problem for u.Tell my brothers they can start eating from day 3, immediately after the condolenses.Drinks they can have the same night they have cremated me.

Don’t call any pandits at home, don’t have any paths and prayers please.let the house be normal, and with family around, watch my videos , and remember me with love and laughter, and forgive me for anything distasteful I may have done or said.As it is they say, don’t speak ill of the dead, and that will come in use to me.

Today I read in the papers, that the Government has allowed Video Recording of the Will, which will be registered along with the written will, and I will do in a day or two, I mean the video recording, I have the written will written, which is with my younger brother H. After me all goes to u.

Keep everything with u, and then u make a new will , distributing all that u have now, equally into two parts for our daughters.and If u wish to make donations to any person or organization of your choice, you are free to do so, as I have no say, and u know better.

I want u to be financially independent after I am no more, I would be very distress to see u put yr hand out to anyone for any financial assistance.You live like a queen, as u have always lived.So don’t give away anything while u are alive, keep everything in your name, but will and nominate as and how u wish.

To those who have served us for so many years, u can leave whatever reasonable u feel, as also to my nephew and neice, that choice I leave to u. and be careful before u sign any paper, check what is written before u put ur signature on any paper.For one mistake can cost u dearly, my dear.

You can keep a framed picture of mine in the drawing room, with a nice flower garland.You don’t have to remember me everyday, just remember me twice a year, once on my birthday, and once on my death anniversary.Call my friends home that day, let them wine and dine, and let the remember me, and laugh and joke, and most are vegetarians, so u wont have the trouble to cook the meat. And give them scotch please, which will keep coming with our NRI guests. And u can play my videos , and u will have voice booming through the house, and it will ring with laughter and fun.

These two rememberances are more than enough, and don’t ever call pandits please.Even in Shradds, please don’t feed the pandit,. He will eat all that I hate, the veg food.Yes I would not mind if the pandit would eat all that I liked, like Hilsa fish, drink a ciggie and a drink, and burps and farts, that would please me no end.I know u wont do this, so skip out the rascal, and save yourself the trouble.

And yes, u are free to remarry again, it is yourlife, if u wish, now that u know what I wish, so u wont wonder if kamal would have liked me to marry again or not, u have my consent.

I write this with all my senses intact, with my Indus ladies blogger friends as witness, so in case u are ever confused, and it u did not read this blog, ask any of my blogger friends, and they will guide u to this post.

You have been a wonderful wife to me, and I could not have had anyone better.I have been faithful to you, but beyond that, I don’t know if I have been a good husband or not, but well since u have been with me so long, I can assume I am not as bad as I think I am.

Remember Harsha the only way my soul is happy is to see u happy, so always be cheerful, and when u remember me remember me with love.

And u are worry ing about me ? Don’t worry, my friends have told me there are many interesting females up there where I go, all the starlets and vamps, so don’t worry I will have a great time there.And drinks, all the scotch manufactures and ciggies guys are there, so I wont be lacking in anything.

And u bloggers friends of mine, don’t u worry about me,.if u want to remember me, just read any old blog of mine on the two days of mine, the birthday and the deathday, and just post a comment or two , andi will know I am still remembered by my friends and well wishers.

Take care, Harsha, greive not for me, for I rejoice up here, and I hope u do so too.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    Your posts shows you are more learned than the pandits, more spiritual than the religious people ( religion is supposed to make one spiritual ie love and compassion for all), more tolerant than the all who do the big big talk.

Mid september i was in Delhi and was talking to my Guru, ( i wanted to do some prayers for my DH at the ghats), he told me no need to call the pandits, he took me & my son to Rudraprayag & asked us to pray and he said that is sufficient. What he told me was "jaya praying in the sea near your house(my house is sea facing and have our own beach ) is sufficient , after all , all rivers merge in sea. Since you have come all the way, we will go to the rivers and ghats and enjoy the beauty.The pandits are making money at your expense and ignorance".

So KM ji , now you have become a Guru. No one will remember you always, after some time , your close one will think of you fondly, good friends like me remember your jokes and life will go on.

So KM ji, enjoy yourself with out harming yourself or others, in what ever way we can help people let us do that.

You reflected my thoughts, but i dare not say it so openly. Good planning KM ji.
    Jaya

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Jaya,

u are so brave, that even after u lost yr loving husband, u still took the trouble to go to yr guru, ladies never do this, but u did.

Yes u rightly said, pandits feed at yr ignorance, and i have told everyone at home, dont do anything for me after i am gone, it will not help me ion nay which way.

And then again , jaya, as i dont look for ward to go to heaven, i am a hopeless case as it is.HAHA

thanks for the lovely words, God bless u always and keep u happy.

and i know no one will remember me after a while, it happens with everyone, life is busy an dit goes on, so i dont want any memorial or anything after me, who cares anyway, and who rememebrs the ones who have gone away, i am no exception.

Happy Diwal to u and the children, god bless u always.

Regards

kamal

4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Dear kamal ji
    its the first time i think i am reading your writeups and this one is no doubt very wonderful right from your heart maybe its reflecting all your thoughts
    but i have felt you were trying to be naughty as well trying to pull your brothers
    thought it is titled and meant like if you are no more it was honestly very entertraining and amusing apart from being so thought provoking
    do mention your dob so that i will ping you best wishes as long as you are there
    radha

5. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Nice One:thumbsup Very thoughtful, organised, practical and mixed with humour. Although the title of the post was a bit daunting for me and it took me a while to actually sit through and read, I enjoyed it. Plan in advance without giving others much trouble - good thought.

But honestly, let us not think of all that. When it comes, so be it. But in the meantime here is me wishing aap aur apke family ko rang bhari Diwali ki shubhkamnayen. Have a safe celebration. Take care.

6. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

I have been reading your blogs for almost 2 years and this is the best one I have read. It is most beautiful...and it is all YOU. Harsha is indeed a very lucky woman... Does she read your blogs? If not, we will mail her this. Just give us her Mail ID.

As for you, dear friend.... I hope you live forever and ever... entertaining so many of us ( ladies....in IL.... faithful to Harsha? I'll tell her you have been entertaining the women in IL for almost a year!...:biglaugh) And, pal.... if at all you cross over to the other side, I do really hope you find yourself in a NON-VEG heaven, swimming in scotch...:cheers
    Regards.

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kamal Bhayya,

Seconding Twinsmom that this is your best blog ever.

Don't have any comments on your blog, since it is candid, honest and sans pretences. As for you, it has always been an honour to know you and your thoughts. And this blog just reinforces that sentiment.

I too hope you will go to a heaven swarming with all things you love and enjoy. And till then, a person like you- he creates heaven for himself and his, where he lives, when he lives.

Happy Diwali!

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji

was a little down seeing the topic you have chosen... but agree with you..it is nice to see someone so practical about death..:thumbsup

I admire your practicality,wisdom and OF COURSE HUMOUR:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh which only you can bring about in ANY topic.

i JUST LOVED ALL THE ABOVE FEEDBACKS ..AND WISH YOU THE SAME( a non veg heaven with wine and women)...

After all hell sounds more fun than dull heaven,no?

you MUST show this blog to harshaji:)..

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RAdha,

Welcome to my blogs.Well if i dont put hum,our, no one will read my blogs.HAHA.

well my date of birth is 1st September , so do ping me if u remember me.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Knot,

let me tell u something.My grandfather died while working in Africa, in the forties, when my grandma was like 25 or so, with 4 sons, my dad being the eldest.

She never got to see his body, and the news came on Diwali day.

She had to raise 4 kids as a widow , in poverty, in pakistan then.

But she as always smiling, and never stopped us from celebrating Diwali.

i have learnt from her, and Dad, to be always cheerful in any circumstances, for being miserable adds to msiery.

So i try and make everyone smile and cheerful with my blogs and remain so myself always.

thanks for yr good wishes, and the same to u and yr family.God bless u all.

Regards

kamal