1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am driving my new car

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Jpatma, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

I AM DRIVING MY NEWCAR
    I got a new car recently though i didn’t order for it. The Divine blessed me with a new car to drive in life. Ofcourse i tried refusing to use it, still it was in front of me left me with no other means of moving about in life . For a while i was hoping fervently my previous car will be back ,though it was repossessed.
    After a week of delivery of new car i realized i have no option but use it if i wanted to move on. With some fear, with some doubt i sat on the driver’s seat and started the engine. My MY It wasn’t smooth drive as i expected it to be. I was used to the previous car and familiar with my gears, and brakes and i had the confidence that i can drive blindfold . I knew the acceleration i can exert and knew the power of the brakes well in the previous car.
    Typically i started mentally comparing this new model to my previous model, a bit of frustration, a bit of helplessness, a bit of embittered feeling . But somehow when i started to drive the new model the pleasure that i have experienced in the previous model started to zoom over my eyes .Sitting in the driver’s seat looked around, the scenario was just the same still i was worried that will I be able to cruise in the same roads again in the new model? Felt everyone’s eyes on me and assessing how am i going to use the new car.
    I noticed i was receiving a lot of support from members of the same model owners, some of them advising me of their driving experiences and some cautioning my style of driving. I jokingly called the support group as “same model anonymous”.I realized every one meant well probably didn’t want me to have any disastrous experience. Ofcourse there were some who wanted to know the price of model and what profit was i making in the new model.
    I thought of all my cars that i have driven each bringing some pleasant and unpleasant experiences, but each time i changed the model i had wanted it badly and longed for the new model except the current one.
    When i drove the car called childhood it was full of mirth and happiness and then i wanted the car called youth and thought my journey will be so pleasant, when i had youth i wanted the car called wife ,soon i longed for the car called mother . Yes ! everytime i changed the model i had to change my style of driving , but all these models i requested & prayed the Divine to give me.
    But recently when he gave me the model “widow” which i didn’t ask, i took time to sit in it. My heart longed for the previous model and hoped for some miracle will bring back the same car.
    I know i have to drive this car & it is best i learn to drive it well. I realized this car too goes around the streets of life & it is just that i need to get used the change of gears and application of brakes and constant maintenance of engine.
    This car was given by the Divine so i shall accept it, later i may get other models called MIL, Dadi Maa etc but that is yet to be seen. Now let me drive my present car well. Every car we drive in life we need to study the model well, some have some advantageous of being roomy, well some the easy manoeuvrings , some silent engines still the drive depends a lot the dexterity of the driver.
    Let me drive on

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

oh, no, dear Jaya, you made my eyes moist!
    We have no choice but to accept His will. I should'nt be saying this to you who are a seasoned Vedanti!

Wel Jaya, the humorist in you did peep out & say a hi to me - I mean your words
    “same model anonymous”.

Your post brings out what mental turmoil you are going through; just remember to thank God that you are in the midst of goodwill & love from unseen friends, like me!
    My hugs, Jaya.
    Take care,
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Jaya Mam,

Sperb!! you related stages of life and cars very well, It is 100% truth and happens in everybodys life and we have to accept it.

Thanks for your philosophical thought you have given to us which we need to remind ourselves to accepts the new cars in the journey of life. No way to deny them but accept them , drive them , enjoy the ride.

Sujatha.

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jay,

loved your post,philosophy,acceptance and humour..i have no doubt at all you will drive on confidently...Wishing you get the next model (status of MIL) VERY SOON...I am sure that lucky girl is just somewhere around and awaiting HIS orders to come into your family.

5. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Though this post is on a sad note, loved your style.

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I have accepted the decision, what was happening was i was receiving a lot of invitations for dinners and parties (My DH loved parties), but i felt v.v. comfortable in going for dinners. When i seriously thought abt it i realized the world is the same, it is just me who don't want to go and join the dinners. Realized i must move on and be at ease with everybody.

Must admit you are one of those who read between the lines.The same model anonymous" actually i called it as "Widow anonymous". I toned it down while writing so that no one must feel hurt. Some how some widows who had v. bad experience of bringing up children with no finance used t call me for dinner and we used to dine out and laught about.

Thanks Chithra iam touched by your concern, i want to send a message that everything lies in our hands to move on as we are the driver.
    Jaya

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sujatha You undestood what i was trying to tell. We need to move on , we are the driver for the car
    Thanks, Jaya

8. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Mindi,
    Iam fine, i just wanted to send a message we can make our car drive smooth, even it the car is not we wanted.
    Jaya

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Thanks Soumya for the fb. Life is in your hands to make it or break it.
    Jaya

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    I have seen people who appeared to have a philosophical outlook, break down when they had to face the bereavement of a loved one. But you have come out with grit to face the world. Your write up shows your outlook of life and accepting the innvitable with courage. I admire you and pray to God to shower His blessings upon you and your son and to bring happiness for ever!
    With love,
    PS