1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

True stories of Nimittam predictions.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rrg, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear All,
    Greetings!
    I had earlier written about Nimittam under the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/63497-aroodam-horary-astrology-nimittam.html . Looking at the response of our friends in this forum, as also requests made by quite a few for elaborating more on this interesting subject, I propose to come out with a few of my true stories / direct experiences with Nimittam in this thread. The intention is to give my side of the story.
    "To believe it or not " is entirely upto you. Even if you do not believe, perhaps you may read this as a piece of fiction and forget about it.
    I wouldn't like to enter into any controversial discussions on this subject here. Also, I propose to continue this thread with my further experiences, only after seeing the response.

Nimittam is based on the universal truth that "There is nothing whether animate or inanimate that is not inter- related in this world". Even incidents in human life follow this principle. Nature, in its infinite wisdom, keeps giving enough indications about the future through omens, signs etc. To understand them, it calls for keen observation and analytical interpretation. Incidentally, our conception of 'Sakunam' as a common name for all omens is not correct. Only omens that are caused by birds are Sakunams and all others Nimittam. In the reading of Nimittam, Sakunam is also incorporated. Generally, when we talk of Omens we refer to only Nimittam.
    Basically, Nimittam is an intuition of an event that is to follow, as observed by various omens / signs in our day to day life. Nimittam practitioner is required to have a well developed intuition, through meditation or other such practices, for providing correct interpretations.
    Perhaps, this subject could be called classified under both art and science.
    Trust you would enjoy the story below. I would try to make it as simple as possible.
    Please revert with your FB.
    Cheers!
    Rrg / 16thSept '09
    -----------------
    -----------------
    It was 1970. I was in the final year of my degree.
    One Sunday, about 3.30 PM, a bearded gentleman walked into our house, asking for my dad.
    He had come for informing my parents about a "Akanda Nama Japa' lasting 3 days / nights, to be conducted shortly.
    My dad introduced him as someone he met in Kerala an year back and got close.
    He was a person highly proficient in 'aroodam' - foretelling future on the basis of signs /omens.
    From then on, the name Aroodam mama (AM) got stuck to the visitor in our household.
    Dad informed mom about AM's arrival.
    It was tiffin-time for dad, who normally took his morning meal by 10.30 or so, after his pooja etc. Mom served both of them uppuma & coffee.

Thereafter, dad called my elder brother (Mani - who was unemployed for a few months, after completing his BE) over and asked AM about his job prospects. AM thought for a couple of minutes and replied, "Mani would get a job within the next few days. The designation would be impressive. With great expectations he would accept the job. But, his role / status in the organisation would not be in tune with neither the designation nor his qualifications. The salary would also be abysmal - far below Mani's expectations. But, on the very first day, hearing the appeals of a sub-ordinate , he would quit the job. Thereafter, he would decide to pursue a different line which would prove to be successful, but the process would take a couple of months. The position, job-content, remuneration etc would be as per his expectations, if not better and he would be fully satisfied."
    After this, AM , was chatting with my dad for a few more minutes and left, assuring to return the next week with the invite for the Japa function.

Mani got a job in a packaging company, owned by a famous heroine of those days, the very next week.
    Designation : Works manager. Infact, his role turned out to be that of a glorified supervisor only.
    During lunch-time, the Director called him to his office and after some casual talk informed that the salary would be Rs. 150/pm only, for the first year. (Even graduate apprentices in Elecy Board were getting RS.250/pm then). Mani was disappointed, but thought of pulling on atleast for sometime, while trying for other openings. But, when he returned to his work spot, there was a supervisor waiting for him.
    Understandably, the supervisor was looking forward to elevation to this post for over 6 months but since Mani had joined, even that opportunity was lost for him. He appealed to Mani that as a Graduate Engineer, not to sell himself cheap and accept such jobs depriving people like him.
    The same evening, Mani put in his papers and came back home. Just as was predicted by AM.
    For discussion sake we could say that the prediction could have influenced Mani to quit on the same day. Other than this everything else was as predicted by AM.
    We were amazed, to say the least.

Sure enough, AM came next Sunday.
    More than others, I was eagerly waiting for him, to get atleast some tips on aroodam.
    I was already into Palmistry, Numerology & Astrology but this was something new for me.
    My dad was a good amateur astrologer but was not interested in my learning these subjects at that age.
    I knew my dad might not be very appreciative of my getting too much involved in aroodam as well; but still it was my curiosity that got the better of me.
    I volunteered to accompany AM upto the bus-terminus, which was KM away.
    Enroute, I asked him asto how he could predict so accurately about Mani's job scene.

AM said that it was very simple. On that day, he was busy with some work or the other in connection with the forthcoming Akanda Nama Japa, got delayed outside and could not reach home on time for cooking his food. (He was a bachelor. Also, due to his pooja etc commitments he normally avoided taking hotel stuff). He was very hungry. So, he thought visiting a family nearby, very well known to him, in the pretext of informing them about the forthcoming event. Being the lunch time, AM expected them to invite him also for taking food. But, it was not to be. Only the mami was home and after talking to him for nearly an hour or so, she bade him good bye. AM was terribly disappointed that he was not even extended the normal 'coffee' courtesy. But, when he was just leaving, the lady rushed out and handed him a big packet, covered in news paper. She apologised for not giving him anything to eat and said that the contents could perhaps come handy on the way. Our man was quite pleased.
    He went to the bus terminus and sat in a bus returning home. There was 10 min or so for the bus to depart and he thought of having the stuff given by the lady. He went on opening the pkt - more and more of newspaper only - with 2 small bananas inside. When he was wondering to what extent could the banana satisfy his hunger, he found an old beggar standing just below his window seeking something to eat, claiming to be hungry days together. Finding the beggar's need to be more acute AM gave it to him and was wondering what next. Suddenly, he remembered that our house was but a Km walking only and he walked down to our place, to be greeted with uppuma & coffee readily. When he was feeling pleased, having got what he wanted, dad called Mani over and asked AM about his job.
    Mani, who was busy doing some physical exercise inside, rushed out sweating in his half pants & banian (rare in those days). When he was introduced to AM he said his pranams to him and kept standing there with folded hands - like a school boy.
    AM's predictions were thus based on the scene that he was recapitulating at the moment:

Mani would get a job shortly- as AM got a packet in the first house. The packet was big to look at - so would be Mani's designation.
    It contained only two small bananas - so would be Mani's emoluments.
    An young adult of 22 was not expected to be in half -pant & banian while meeting an outsider - that too sweating profusely. Also, he stood there with folded hands which was not called for from an educated young guy. Similar would be his job, a subordinate - Kaikatti nirkum status - sweating with half pant indicating similar to physical labour as well.
    When he was wondering what to do, someone who was more needy - like the beggar would appeal to him. The beggar stood below the window while AM sat in the bus above. Similarly, Mani would be sitting in a higher position when his subordinate in a lower position would come and appeal.
    Mani would leave the job to him and leave then & there in a different direction, as AM thought of us, changed his plans of going home and walked down to our house in the hot sun, seeking something to eat.
    In our place, even without his asking for, he was given uppuma & coffee to his satisfaction - so would be Mani's future.
    I was amazed that one could predict future from such simple day to day occurrences, if only we are keen observers and careful enough to relate.
    To complete Mani's story, he had a few good offers in the next few months, of which he preferred and took the job in IAF.

This was how a Guru walked into my life, for teaching an interesting predictive system - aroodam.
    The first couple of lessons learnt were: -
    1) Even if it looks simple when related by an expert, it is not so. First of all we need to know, what, when & where to relate. This comes by constant practice and intuition only. The issue occurring at the moment when the query is raised gives the lead. In this case, AM was recollecting the happenings of the day in his mind, when the query was put up to him and he based his Nimittam predictions on it.
    2) Never to attempt any such interpretations when our mind itself is disturbed / agitated. Towards this, the beginners are advised to resort to couple of minutes meditation for calming the mind, before even hearing the Query.

Incidentally, years later, I learnt from Paramacharyal of Kanchi that this predictive system is called 'Nimittam'.

Cheers!
    Rrg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

RRG Sir,

This is a very ,very interesting narration.

BTW, have you tried your hand at Nimithams,astrology etc?

3. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear Shakambari,
    Thanks for the FB.
    Yes, I have been a student of all these predictive systems, for nearly 4 decades now.
    Cheers!
    Rrg

4. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful to know this ,RRG Sir.:)

5. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Absolutely..I read a book called The Secret which says transmission of thoughts take place in a continuous manner, and when the transmission hits an energy pocket, incidents occur.

I have to relate an incident here. Near Nagamalai Pudukottai in Madurai city near about the foothills, there is a temple called Thadagai nachiamman koil.
    This temple is believed to have been the home of the young Goddess Meenakshi, before she attained puberty. A friend of us wanted to go to this temple, which after being years in Madurai was not known to me. So, we took a route as per his description and went on a circuitous one, until it was dusk..We had to find a way. A villager with a shaggy beard and some what soiled clothing went on to offer the way to the temple, provided he was given a lift. At the entrance of the temple, after showing it, he just vanished...My friend said, Sivaperuman vazhi kamichuttar..

6. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello,

Very interesting story. Would like to hear more of your experiences.

7. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

A very interesting illustration, and I must say this very intersting.

I totally believe this. I do not know whether to call intuition an art or a gift. I believe that it a gift that has to be mastered, just like we master art forms.

I had a query though.Do dreams form a part of this form of prediction.The reason I am asking is that I always get very odd dreams. My dreams are rarely recurring.I always write off the recurring dreams as a manifestation of my subconscious mind, but the non-recurring ones disturb me a lot, as I do not know what to make of it. Is there any branch of prediction that deals with dreams?

Thanks and Regards,
    Yamuna.

8. RadhaG

RadhaG Senior IL'ite

Dear Rrg,

Interesting write up! Thank you...Radha

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Rrg

Interesting read and thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Interesting Sir.
    Thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you again for giving the difference between Nimittam and Sagunams..

sriniketan