1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Predictions - strange but true !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Rrg, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Predictions - strange but true !

This was a story related to me by my dad, over 40 years back.
    The incident in the story took place during late 1930's.
    My dad had an younger sister, my aunt, whose marriage was getting delayed on one pretext or the other. In those days, even 18 years was considered too old for the marriage of a girl. My grand father had consulted many an astrologer and finally was advised to get her Nadi read from Vaitheeswaran Koil.
    Accordingly, one fine morning he and his cousin reached V Koil. It was a hot summer day. They could not easily locate the house of nadi astrologer. After roaming about an hour or so, they decided to rest on the pyol (Thinnai) of a house for sometime, before resuming their search.
    Within minutes of their sitting on the pyol, someone from inside the house came asking whether he was Subramaniam.
    On his replying in the affirmative, the inmate told him that it was the house of a nadi astrologer and the nadi was calling him inside.
    Surprised, my GF and his cousin went inside the house.
    It transpired that the astrologer was reading someone else's nadi leaves when it appeared in the leaves that " One Subramaniam has just come out side. Now, I am going to tell predictions for him". Thereafter, the leaves contained verses about my GF, his purpose of coming there and also predictions about my aunt's marriage.
    My aunt's marriage took place as mentioned in the leaves.
    I wouldn't have believed this story had it been told by anyone else, other than my dad. Even in my later days, when I got associated with nadi predictions, more due to my interest in astrology, I had never come across one person's future being found in someone else's palm leaves.
    Be that as it may, this story explains the precision levels reached by ancient sages while predicting/ recording happenings thousands of years hence.

Thereafter, I was keen on getting my future read, but my dad didn't permit. He felt it was too early for me and I totally forgot all about it.
    During mid '90s, once my younger brother told me that he got his nadi read by someone in Kanchipuram and the readings were by and large accurate. This brought back to my memory the above story and I decided to consult nadi for myself, more out of inquisitiveness. The predictions were pretty accurate, all details about me, my parents, my wife (including her being employed in a senior position in a Govt bank) and also my kids. For my daughter, it stated clearly that she was studying medicine - to predict thousands of years ago about my wife being employed and my daughter doing medicine - some prediction that! For all that, I gave them only my right thumb impression.
    My future as told have also come true so far.
    This prompted me to consult the same nadi astrologer once again, for one of my nieces, regarding her marriage. What happened then was something which I would never forget. Amazing, so to say!

I would revert with that anecdote separately pl, ASAP. :)

Anbudan,
    Rrg

2 people like this.

2. surekha

surekha New IL'ite

I heard about this nadi reading long back from my mother.She heard it from some one else and wanted to consult someone regarding this.I dont want her to go anywhere regarding any of these.It is better not to know somethings than knowing.well that is my opinion.but i read that these nadi predictions are acurate.thanks for sharing ur true story.

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Rrg,

really fascinating..one of my DH'S mamis too consulted one and told me all the predictions were true..it seems he has told her the exact age of her death too..that i wouldnt want to know:)

now I am really waiting to hear about your predictions,...please post ASAP....I will not dissapoint you with my fb this time..thats a promise:)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  4. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear Surekha,
    Thanks for your frank views.
    Cheers!
    Rrg

5. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,
    Pleased that you liked it.
    I have posted a detailed article on Nadi Astrology under a thread by Ramya Srivatsan in Religon & Spirituality, Queries on Religion & Spirituality .Perhapsyou may like to peruse.
    For your reading pleasure, I am posting the 2nd part of the story.:)

Part 2:

During late 90s, I had gone with my niece for reading her naadi predictions.
    These naadi predictions are in ancient Tamil and one trained naadi reader is assigned to each client for reading and interpreting the verses.
    The reader assigned to us was relatively a senior one and other readers were consulting him whenever they had any doubts in interpretation.
    During our session, one of the junior readers happened to disturb our man repeatedly. This irritated me no ends and I firmly asked our reader to complete our reading first, without any further interruptions, as we were also getting delayed.
    There upon, the readers looked at each other and decided to confide the problem in me. There was a couple who had come for consultation, sitting in another room and the junior reader was reading out the predictions for the lady. He had come across a verse in her reading which stated that the lady would ditch her husband and run away with a neighbour, through whom she would beget children. The reader was literally scared to interpret that stanza for fear of annoying the man. Also, professional ethics demanded his not hiding the prediction. He could not make out from other verses whether this man was the husband who would be ditched or the man with whom she had run away. He was confused and hence his repeated consultations with his senior.
    It was like a puzzle. Finally, the senior one gave a common-sense solution - to check with the couple casually whether they had any kids. If they had, certainly this man was not her husband, as per the reading. If they had no kids, the man could be either and care be exercised in proceeding further.
    His suggestion worked, as the couple had a kid of their own. The reader came back to thank his senior, after finishing the lady's reading. It appeared that the couple were taken aback when he translated the verse as it was and the lady confirmed that the reading was true.

From then on, I took more interest in this form of astrology. In many cases I did find that the future predicted coming only partly true.
    For myself, I had consulted it once, over 10 years back and found it to be amazingly true, excepting ofcourse the year of happening of an event shifting by an year or so either side. As I am planning for a major shift professionally, I consulted once again couple of months back.
    Amazing predictions!

My personal feeling is that while the predictions in Naadi system of astrology depends upon locating the correct palm leaf as also the proficiency of the reader in interpreting the verses, one's 'free will' plays a major part in shaping the future. I had used my reading mainly for guidance, cautious during the period when some set-back had been indicated and pushing my luck to the hilt during the positive periods. So far I am successful. :)
    Anbudan,
    Rrg

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rrg,
    your experience with " Nadi josiyam" is really
    wonderful and unbelievable. In olden days they did this as doing a "yagam" . but now it has become so commercialized.To extract money from the people they ask to do so many pujas
    and yagas. I agree there are some genuine people but on the whole it has become a business now.
    with love
    pad

sindmani likes this.
  7. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Very intersting topic sir. The accuracy of the predication is totally dependant on the intuition, training and the abilities of the person. How does one go about locating an astrologer or nadi jyoshiar who has a better success rate predicting? On a side note, should one not pay the karmic price for previous wrongdoings as opposed to appeasing deities to postpone them?

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear Rrg,
    very interesting..nadi josiyam an amazing science if it can be called that..enjoyed reading your experience..

anyway the more i think about it i feel one has to be really strong to accept any prediction from the astrologer..other people like me should quitely stay away from that :) though i find it SOOOOOO interesting.

9. lakshmi1945

lakshmi1945 Silver IL'ite

Dear Rrg
    As padmini points out one must have a genuine person reading out the nadi. My husband's niece went to a nadijosier as she did not have any children. It was predicted that she would have a kid and she had one. But in the same reading she was told that her father would pass away after his 60th birthday. It is a good thing that she had forgotten all about it because her father did pass away suddenly one night a few months after his 60th birthday.
    I for one feel why should we know when we are going to die and spoil our todays worrying about tomorrow.
    Moreover how genuine are these people?
    Lakshmi

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear RRG,

A very interesting read, though i dont know about Nadi, astrology or anything.

REgards

kamal