1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chutku

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chutku
    <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

I love kids, mine and other’s .Better other’s, as I love playing with them when they are in the good mood, and give them back, when they start crying.So I spend the best time with them when they are in a good mood, and their mothers are left to spend the crying and trying time with them.

Of course I like the mothers of young kids, but I love the kids more, they are hassle free, as this fellow called Chutku proved it.He came into our lives when our kids were grown up, but no where near to getting married and havingkids,, and he brought a charm of his own in our lives,and changed it completely for the better.

CHUTKU AND ME IN MY OFFICE UPSTAIRS
    [​IMG]

Our next door neighbour, a Marwari, , his sons married and staying abroad, lets out his groundfloor for tenants, and Chutku and his parents came to stay in the year 2000.For the next 3 years they were our neighbours, and Chutku was not theirs but ours.

He learnt to walk in our house.I used toleave him at the end of the Drawing room, and he would start to walk towards me, and fall Thud ! then get up, and gain fall.Well within a fortnight he learnt the ropes all right, and was running everywhere, and we had to be careful of so many things, as he had itchy finger.

[​IMG]

His Mom used to have hands full with him.She had to get her husband ready, the food and other things, and go to the bathroom, and this guy would create a ruckus.So I told his mom, to leave him first thing in the morning with me, and she was more than glad for that.And at tea, Chutku learnt how to drink Tea from Tamal Untle, as he used to call me, and he started to love Tea more than Milk.His mom used to send over the milk, and this guy would not drink, and I used to put a couple of drops of Tea in his glass, and this guy would just gulp it down.

And when i used to drink whiskey, he would be in my lap and ask me, Uncle what is this, and I would put my finger in the glass and make him lick , and he would love it.Kids do love wrong things eh ! And Harsha would glare at me.His Dad would laugh at it, as he too drank but away from home sometimes.

[​IMG]

It is so easy to make a fool of a kid, and he used to listen to all my corny moth eaten stories, which once I used to tell my daughters, but they grew out of it , and it was Chutku’s turn to bear them.And he would play the rewind button, and I had to keep telling him the same stories, and the laughter was heaven itself A child’s laughter is more sweeter than a sweatheart’s, the kid asks for love and attention, and the sweatheart asks for pearls and jewels !!!

We are wearing each others specs .
    [​IMG]

He loved coming to the office, and fool around around with my computer, and play with the keys and screw up all my open programmes.And he loved the mobile , the real one, and not the toy one his dad had bought him.This fellow knew about the Real thing, andi knew he will grow up to be a very intelligent fellow.I used to tell his parents, don’t worry what marks this guy gets, he will get what he wants in life.Harsha and my daughters, and my nephew who was with me those days, all fell in love with this smallie.He use to sleep with us, and we used to hand himover then to his parents.

Kittu from the neighbourhood, chutku, and me

[​IMG]

All good things must come to an end I suppose and this was the case here.His father was transferred to Hyderabad, and he had to go in the next 15 days.I was shattered and heartbroken, and tried to spend every moment with him.But time flies and I and Harsha were very attached to him.

My Last Day with Chutku, June 03, the day before he left for Hyderabad

[​IMG]

The day before he was leaving , they stayed with their cousins a few kms away, and I went there in the afternoon, and spent the evening with him.I bought him Cars, he was very fond of them, and would want to own a Mitsubushi Lancer, god knows where he learnt the word form, lots of chocolates, and played with him, and I was on the verge of tears.

I knew, they will not come back, and with time, Chutku will forget Kamal Uncle, time will fade the memories, as he will make new friends, and start forgetting old ones, that is the way of God.I guess that is why however old we may get, we may become grandparents , but for our parents, we will always remain the same kids, who did this mischief and that mischief .And when that child leaves his old parents in the old age home, or neglects them, u can imagine how they must be feeling then.

Well we kept in touch with them on the phone, but over a few years( they moved away in 2003), Chutku had to jog his memory over the phone to remember me, as I knew it would happen.Last year I came to know he was in Mumbai, and I was there too, and went to meet him.Seeing him after 5 years, he was tall , lean, specs, and very hesitant to come to me, and I had all sorts of emotions, but he did come to me, great guy now, but I miss the Chutku of those days.We are in touch by phone, and this time I will visit once again , if they are in Mumbai.

Last year June 08, At Chuku's residence in Mumbai.We both have changed a lot.

[​IMG]

Chutku may forget me, but I never can.And I have his pics and videos, that even his parents don’t have, and on Chutku’s marriage day, if I am alive then, I will present them the CD’s , which will be the most valuable and precious gift among all that he will have received.

Chutku, u will always remain in my heart.god bless u always, and keep you safe.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello Sir,

that was such a sweet post. Your affection for Chutku is evident. Children do spread love and happiness wherever they go!

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    what a beautiful post from you!!your description about the kids and your way of spending time with them brought heaven to earth. You are correct. We forget the world,
    when we spend time with lovely children. Now i recollect one poem studied in my college days.
    Laughter echo through the skies,
    - children are amazing
    So young and so innocent
    - children are amazing
    Care free yet compassionate and kind
    - children are amazing
    From birth to walking and finally speaking ''Dada''
    - children are amazing
    the snaps are so realistic and nice. children are looking soo cute.
    with love
    pad

4. aparajithaa

aparajithaa Bronze IL'ite

nice share loved each and every part of it :)

When I was 5 years old I got a sister and then when I was 6 years old I had a brother too. We were in joint family and had many problems. So I was responsible in many ways. And managing with two kids at a time and in joint family was difficult for my mom. So i took care of them in feeding and entertaining. Even till my 10th std I both of them slept on my arm. They used to love it than a pillow. And often fight on which side I should turn while sleeping and who can keep hands on me and legs on me. Every night I told them a story. Even at theater they fight that sis will sit beside no beside me. I just had lovely memories with them. But after my 10th Std I left for hostel and then they too left. After 3 such years we are back again in same home. yeah it was home only then as we 3 are together.But now because of studies we are not allowed to chat with each other. And I miss them. Lovely sweethearts. Even in their memory I love to play with small kids.If ever there is a small kid at my friends place I have their snaps or I keep visiting them often....

It just brings in back all my lovely memories
    thanks for the share
    :cheers

with love
    ~AppU~

5. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Kamalji,

A very touching post.The memorabilia you have is precious and I can understand how much you treasure it.Your last statement of gifting these memories as wedding present is simply superb.I wish I had someone like you during my growing years visiting me on my wedding and it would have meant so much for me to know that I found a place in the heart of a noble person like you at such a young age.

Chutku is indeed very lucky :thumbsup

I wish you both a good time together when you visit him next time and don't forget that now he is also the sweet heart of IL.His pics are very cute :)

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Your pictures and details and the emotions you went through, can very well be related to my parents too...Kamalji!
    Wherever my father had been posted..in that flat, there will be some small children of Chutku's age...and they get very well attached to my parents..
    Still they also live in the memories of those small kids...
    It is very understandable..
    Your wedding gift idea is superb..

sriniketan

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,

a very cute post and lovely pictures of chutku too..i too loved the idea of his wedding gift:thumbsup

when we were in india we too had a neighbours daughter who used to be more in our house than hers ,calling my dd didi and following her around..

similarly when my dd was around 3 and both of us were working in mumbai my dd used to be always in our neighbours place..let me tell you such bonding and relationships are only in india..initially i thought it is all in the mind and that people are all the same everywhere but not so at least in my case..

now like u say with my dd grown up and away from home, both of us are very fond of kids but i do not find kids responding to our affectionate greetings..they are polite but no warmth..i always feel kids here act more like adults....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mythraeyi,

Yes children are God's greatest gift to mankind.Kids do us a favour, we dont do them any favour.

Thanks for the first comments, and good one too.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

So true the poem, children bring heaven to earth.I had lost the pictures, which i discovered a few days back.This blog would not have been half as good, without th e pics.

Thanks for the lovely FB.Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Appu,

Lovely memories of yr siblings u have.And it is nice to know that u not only love yr own ones but alsp friends children.that is the spirit.

Thanks for the lovely FB.Regards

kamal