1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

paddy's plight with height

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmini, May 22, 2009.

1. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Hello my dear friends,

After a long interval here I come. (I here some murmur "who asked you to come here?”<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:11.25pt; height:11.25pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\comp\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\04\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->:)<!--[endif]-->) Friends, I have come here, to become so popular and attain fame at a great height. Now, I think you can catch my point, absolutely right. This time my “sogak kadhai" dealing with heights.

NO! Not in any philosophical manner.

Now coming to the point, when I reached 11 years, my mom felt so proud and used to say to every one "Look at her. Now itself she looks tall, so by the time she becomes 16 years old, she would be very tall. Is it not? "Kakkaikkum than kunju pon kunju". But the fate was having some other plan. When I reached 16 years my height was 5 feet. That is all, after that it never increased even by an inch.

To make my mom’s words true, I tried all the exercises. Somebody gave the advice that skipping would do wonders. (Sabhita, please make a note of this) When I started doing it vigorously, there was a great improvement. Ask me in what way? Those neighbours who never used to talk to us, came in a group and in a very begging voice said "Sir , continuously for the past ten days we are hearing some awful noise, after sometime we came to now it comes from your house, why Sir? what is happening? Any trouble? So many questions! (Like cine actor Padmini I just wanted to sing "Eththanai kelvi, eppadi solven”)

So I dropped that idea, worked so hard but my height improved not an inch. At that time I decided firmly that I should marry a guy who is taller. At that time that thing appeared so important to me. Luckily my ambition was fulfilled. I got married to my DH who is 5' 11''. God is so great that my children also took their father’s trait in this regard. So to some extent I came out of that complex but when I stand amidst my family I look like a Lilliputian surrounded by Gullivers.

This feeling rose to a greater height (not my height) on the engagement day of my first son. In my DIL's family my DIL is the shortest. Her height is 5’8’’!!!!!!!!!
    Now ladies imagine my position. So as far as possible I avoided standing near them.

Now comes the main part, when I was young (now also I am young at heart) I used a stool to take the things in the upper shelf. After that fracture (refer to my post ‘theory to look slim…’) and because of my weight I do not want to take any risk. So each time I would seek my DH’s or DIL's help.

Sometimes when he is busy watching T.V., my DH would grumble and one day in anger he shouted at me "Why don’t you keep the necessary things within your reach?" I politely answered him "In that case I have to keep everything on the floor". He gave a stern look but I avoided him.

Ladies now hear or read the most important part. On a day; I was cooking very fast since I had to go for the temple and my DILs were also busy. When I opened the chili powder bottle, it laughed at me with the emptiness. I did not call my DH since I was not in a mood to hear "SUPRA PADHAM" from him. So I tried to take the jar from upper shelf. Alas!!! God thought in another way!! In my attempt, the lid of the jar got opened and fell down with a jarring noise and there was a chili powder rain all over me!!!! Hearing me shout all came to the kitchen. I was standing there like "Ammanosamiyo" the whole body started burning. My two DS started laughing (Idukkan varungal naguga). My two DILS out of respect controlled their laughing. My loving DH, started shouting" Why can’t you call somebody? Do you think you are that much tall to take this? I became so sensitive. Without uttering a word with my DILS' help everything was cleared. But I felt so depressed without any reason.

After sometime, I was reciting my daily slokas; my grandson came to me and asked me to get a play thing that was kept in the almirah’s top shelf. Thank goodness! It was reachable to me. I took it and gave to him. At once he said "Good Patti, see you are so tall that is why you can take that. Though you are doing pooja, you got it for me. Nalla Patti! Thank you". His words suddenly did wonders in me.
    Why am I bothering about this silly matter? Just by your noble gestures you can reach a greater height in other's heart. These thoughts poured into my mind. At that time my little angel (my grandson) appeared to me as “LORD KRISHNA IN VISWAROOPAM". With tears in my eyes I hugged him and showered him with kisses for teaching me a lesson. Without knowing what transformation he brought into me, the little kid was standing there with his shiny eyes and bewitching smile.

Dear ladies, by sharing this, I just want to attain some height in your thoughts and mind.

Thank you very much and bye!!!
    With love
    pad.

Last edited: May 23, 2009

2. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Re: Naan uyara!!! Uyara!!!!

Dear Padmini,
    Again one more hilarious post. Padmini, your post is always a real stress reliever. Are you planning to start any stress management course? If so, please let me know. Would like to enroll myself.(no kidding)
    Amithabh and Jaya came to my mind after reading your post. Good one enjoyed.
    Ana neenga eppavo osantha idathuku poyachu. nejama thaan sollaren. kamidi gimidi pannala.
    You are not that short.I have seen you.
    ippadi thaniya okkandhu sirikumudiya pannitele.
    Love,
    Meena

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Padmini amma
    You have always been at a great height in my thoughts but with this simple and touching snippet you now have retained your great height with me!

Also I would never dream of asking you why you are here because I always miss your pleasant writings so its a pleasure to see you in snippets and today I got to read it early too!

Even though you have written about the physical height it applies to many other factors of a person's minds and through the words of a child we are able to see what truly matters and also learn to focus on what is more important!

Thanks for sharing and as always kodi katti rhumbha mela parakareenga:)
    :)

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Padmini aunty,
    i too had(have?) height problem..but the opposite of yours.i had always been assumed a grown up girl because of my height even when i was a child.i used to feel bad.None of the dress meant for my age will fit height wise.if salwar top is set pant will be short.Forget about skirts..
    My parents had tough time finding a groom ,because of my strict condition that he must be taller than me.all the alliance that came ont he way were way shorter than me and ladies started convincing me that height is not a problem in marriage.some how got settled with a person just few inches taller than me.
    I am sure you know a saying 'muurthi siridaanaalum keerthi peridu".So cheer up.
    Just a request,let the thread title be in english so that friends who cannot read tamil will not skip this thread.

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear meena,
    thank you very much dear for the first fb that too with lovely and encouraging words.nijam kalandha un words touched my heart. today morning I opened and saw your fb which made me to fly in air. you are right. whenever me and my DH go out I used to feel like that only So I would walk behind.I think your affection for me made you to say that" U sandha idaththukku poyachchu". but those words are giving me more encouragement to write more. thank you dear for your encouraging and motivating feed back.
    with love
    pad

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear A.C,
    oh dear really your words made my day!with lovely words you have expressed your inner feelings. for me you look at a greater height!!!you are so nice to read the snippet early and give the feed back at once. these words make me forget my height:).M ore than this I do not have any words to express my happiness and some feelings which cannot be told out that your heartfelt words brought in me. Thank you dear, for your encouraging and motivating feed back.
    with love
    pad

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Padmini ma'am,
    I thought you are going to act in Mani Ratnam's film and go to greater heights..
    Yengalin manathil..neengal uyaramaana idathil irukkeenga..:thumbsup

Rightly said, children teach us something..it is for us to recognise it!

sriniketan

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear supriya,
    By mentioning your height, you made me envy with green!!!(kidding)thank goodness!you got married to a guy
    who is taller!thank you for your suggestion. let me think some title suited to the snippet.your words "murthi siridaanaalum keerthi peridhu"gave a sigh of relief.thank you very much for your encouraging and lovely feed back.
    with love
    pad.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear padmini mam,

another hilarious one from you:thumbsup and it is ALWAYS a delight to see you here so do NOT have any doubts re that..
    my husbands sis has this height fixation..she too is 5 ft only and height was the main consideration she looked out for in her groom..he is 6ft and luckily their daughter is in between at 5.5 or something.she feels so happy about that
    i was always tall...(no no not to make u jealous...:)just sharing some info about me,thats all) and cribbed that i cannot wear heels haha so the opposite case..

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear mindi,
    talking about your height you made me:rant( kidding) luckily my children are above average. sons 6'and DD
    5'4''. you are worried about not able to wear heels,because of your height, i am also worried about that now because of my weight:rotflthank you dear for your lovely and encouraging
    feedback. I am very much pleased to see your loving words
    "always delight to see you" made me to gain 1" height and pleasure.
    with love
    pad