1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh! Will I ever learn….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Oh! Will I ever learn….

My friend runs a play-school for toddlers between 2 and 3 years. I usually pitch in when one of the young girls who help her take care of the tots wants to take some time off. A truly rewarding experience!

The little ones come running and stand around me, smiling in welcome. Totally unself-conscious, they pull me by the hand to show the new toys added to the collection. They try to tell me about newcomers to the group in their adorable baby-talk. Oh! will I ever learn to be like them, innocent, without reservations or hang-ups, to live my life without worrying about ‘what people will say or think?’

They run about and play happily, the boys are usually totally engrossed with the train set or the toy cars on the track, the girls cuddle their favourite dolls, dressing them up or combing the hair, completely unaware of our presence and indulgent glances. Oh! will I ever learn to be like them, spontaneous and oblivious of the world around me, never having to act a part for others’ sake!

Sometimes there is a minor scuffle, a tiny tot gets pushed and comes running to me with eyes brimming with tears, seeking solace. A few minutes later, all is forgotten, the two are playing together, sharing the crayons and play-dough as full of joy as ever. Oh! will I ever learn to be like them, to forgive and forget and go on as before, life is too short for acrimony and ill-will to others.

The wheel of Rohan’s favourite car comes off or Asha’s music-box stops playing as the battery has run out. They come to me for help, they know that Aunty will mend their toys as good as new. Oh! will I ever learn to be like them, trusting, filled with faith and assurance.

My heart is filled with joy, I feel it will burst with happiness, every time the little angels come running to give me a warm hug and kisses, their way of greeting me and showing how much they care… , Oh! will I ever learn to be like them, will I ever learn to shower unquestioning LOVE on my fellow-humans, a LOVE without expectations….

For therein lies the path to Moksha, going back to the days of innocence and purity of soul, transforming our minds, shedding the useless baggage picked up on the journey from childhood towards adolescence and adulthood…

Padma Srinivas

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009

2. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,

A wonderful post, narrated beautifully :) . A child's heart and mind so pure without any unnecessary notions or thoughts.

We try to teach kids when we ourselves have so much to learn from them. Thank you for this thought provoking post.

3. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Padmaji

I am glad to be the first one to give fb !

Firstly, well narrated !!
    Secondly, this post truely shows your journey on the spiritual path ! It is said that God gives children, mother and father to take care of them and to teach them to live the right path ! But like you said , we can learn from kids more than what we have to offer them ! And I wish we did learn from them ....innocence and faith ! But alas ! our ego and counscious mind (or monkey mind) over shadows the innocence in us ! It only over shadows, doesn't kill it !! So, nothing we cannot achieve !

For therein lies the path to Moksha, going back to the days of innocence and purity of soul, transforming our minds, shedding the useless baggage picked up on the journey from childhood towards adolescence and adulthood…

Loved these words ! Well, the ego and intellect that we develop as we grow, if it can be made to a "usefull" baggage ( rather than the "useless baggage " that you mentioned), and still preserve our innocense, what a beautiful world we could create for our children !! But we generally end up adding to this useless bagage!!

(oops....now did I write too much ?!)

Truely enjoyed your thoughts !
    cheers

(well, I am not the ifrst to fb!!!)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma Ma'am,

Very beautiful and thought provoking. Somehow along the way we seem to lose the innocence, the sense of wonder and how little things give us happiness, right?

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful post...
    Eventhough we turn to second childhood..(do you know when it starts?) we will hold on to the

Will I ever learn to write and think like you Padma ma'am! Forget it! :roll:

sriniketan

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Dear Padma,

You have said the profound truth in such an simple manner.

Children are closer to Divine than anyone else. My Gurudev always says as long as you as you have the innocence you are close to Divine. As we grow up the conditions and rules of the society changes us slowly. To undo what we accummulate during the adulthood is not easy.

If we observe when a child plays, he/she plays engrossed in the game and once it is over his mind moves to other. They do playing with full concentration of the body and mind, which we are unable to do .

Bache manke sache ! they speak from the heart with out holding back.

Oh ! will i ever learn to write like padma
    will i ever learn to observe like padma
    Will i ever be like devatman padma

May Bhavani Maa's blessings be on you.
    Jaya

7. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Dear Padma Ma'm

Very pleasant snippet.
    I too wish to feel your experience.
    Kids are so precious, we have to learn many great things from them.

You narrated it in a best way, that it made me to think of visiting a playschool,at least once.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,

what can i say to such a lovely post, which has lessons to be learnt from the tiny totlers.So true.

I used to go sometimes to my daughter's school, all girls school, when the auto driver used to play traunt.

Seeing the sea of small children coming out in hundreds, holding hands, strolling, and eager to go home, is a scence i cant describe,

and the icecream cart, the samosa fellow, and the kids wanting to eat now, and pay tomorrow, the reply of the fellow, my feelings, i will write in a blog sometime later, giving u credit for inspiring it.

I am nominating this for the April nominations, for the wonderful way u have put things in perspective Padma.

Regards

kamal

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear padma,
    you made me dumb founded by your splendid narration."child is the father of the man" your experiences with the little buds show this only. we forget our worries and mingle with them like a kid whenever we see them. that is magnetic power of the innocent smile of the angels.i worked as a L.KG teacher in BVB. at that time i had these nice experience. i felt i am also amidst the toddlers by your beautiful presentation.
    with love
    pad.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma

Oh God when I will be able to write like Padma. You always take us to a different world. Now you have taken us to the innocent world. Otherwise also I am thinking when Kutti Krishna will come to our house but reading this post I am more anxious to enjoy their innocence, smile, playing etc.
    Reading your post itself will give us moksha. Need not go somewhere else.

love
    viji