1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“i will shoot this girl”, said the brigadier

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Apr 15, 2009.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamalji,
    Thanks for the comparison with Raj Kapoor.He created another Brigadier in Bobby and made him chase the love birds all over the picturesque Goa and the lillting konkani music.My blessings to your daughter whose progress report continues to be good.While there has to be positive strokes for the children.one cannot go overboard.
    I appreciate your quick and valuable comments.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamalji,
    Thanks for the comparison with Raj Kapoor.He created another Brigadier in Bobby and made him chase the love birds all over the picturesque Goa and the lillting konkani music.My blessings to your daughter whose progress report continues to be good.While there has to be positive strokes for the children.one cannot go overboard.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamalji,
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

4. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Lovely write up:thumbsup, and a wonderful way to deal with the children(so what if grown up). Many a times this does happen that the kids are more keen on listening to outsiders than their own parents.....as the parents think they own the children :hide:, while the kids think they are grow up and have a mind of their ownbonk. So the stalemate can be solved by other people.
    Many a times I've seen my mother troubleshooting for others. This is a nice way , but only till the other person does not start to interfere..the only negative outcome.

5. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Your threads looks like pages of a book with different stories teaching the moral in life.

Parents by bragging forget to realize that they are leading the children to the wrong path knowingly / unknowingly. If asked them they say that they boast cos their children have the talent.. நிறை குடம் நீர் தளும்பாது. குரை குடம் கூத்தாடும்.

You have proved the saying " A friend in need is a friend indeed". If not for you, the brigadier would have taken a hasty decision and end result the family would have lost their happiness forever.

Glad to note that you had played a vital role in saving the boy from the people who were taking undue advantage of him.

That was a nice explanation why fathers are more attached to the daughters and mothers to the sons.

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear sriniketan,
    Agree that appreciation for a good job done and reprimand for bad behaviour are called for when dealing with children.I often come across cases where the mother jokes about the mischief by her child to her friends in the presence of the child.The child therefore gets the idea that doing mischief will get attention.Unlike earlier days the role of parents in moulding the child is becoming minimal,what with peer pressure and information explosion from media.It has therefore become all the more necessary to play a positive role more by setting example than mere preaching.
    Thanks for the feed back.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jaya,
    I totally endorse your view that handling children should be tailormade not only according to the child but also according to the situation.In a family where quite a few children are there it is easier by asking the more responsible child to set an example to other children.But it is extremely difficult in a single child house.There are number of ways for expressing appreciation and it need not necessarily be verbal.
    I can see that you and your DH are facing a difficult situation.What you need is composure,objective analysis,friendly ant not an intimidating approach to solve the problem.What you have done so far is right because passage of time can change lot of things.
    Regards
    lakshiminarayanan

8. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hello Sir,
    I enjoyed reading the story of Brigadier and his family. Excellent write up! But I differ to think that all moms cajole their sons. My son can tell you what a strict mom he has in me :hide:and sometimes maybe he does expect a more carefree mom who could perhaps give in to his whim and fancy every once in a while. :)

But your theory as to why a father likes the daughter and mother, the son is thought provoking, indeed!:thumbsup

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir

Good thought provoking post as usual . There is so much to learn from your write ups. Always look forward to your posts. Rightly said we should not praise our children in front of them . The others should praise our children then we feel so happy. Every parent expects that their children should earn a good name from others. My husband has always been strict with my children at the same time gave love and affection. Mothers always guard their children and sometimes it spoils the children. Olden days children used to be scared to stand in front of their parents. But now time has changed a father is like a friend to his son. Teenage is the time when the life of son or daughter takes a turn. If that time they know the good and bad then they are the best. I dont know how to put it. Some children can bejudged when they are children only.

Regards
    viji

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Raji,
    Boy may get adjusted to others but I have seen marriages on the rocks due possessiveness of mothers over their sons.Neither the son nor the mother is prepared to understand the new reality reducing the hapless girl to tears.My utter disgust prevents me from proceeding further.I shall certainly tell a shocking story when I and ilites understand each other better.After all I am a junior ilite.Let me confirm that all mothers are not alike.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN