1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

election time dear...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prijan, Apr 15, 2009.

1. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

dear all,

with elections round the corner,our house always witnesses interesting reactions:)it was a sunday morning,so all of us were pretty relaxed.after two rounds of coffee and dosa for tiffin, i settled with cutting plate and knife for chinna vengaya sambar.my dh was immersed in paper and casually i asked him ,"when is the election date for us"?

my husband 's favourite topic some how got started,put down his paper and came near me and said",i think 7th is the pollling date for us.we have to go this time and i shall find out the polling booth." he next volunteered to help me,"give me the cutting board and onions ,i would help and at the same time,:bowdownwe can also discuss about poll scenario.":):)

with knife in hand,my dh asked me,"which party are you going to vote?:thumbsup i asked him ,what!!with knife in your hand u are asking me this question."
    my dh immedietly said,no no..this is not for threatening.he started
    with a nice lecture on the present polls,the issues,candidates and our discussion slowly caught some heat.
    atthat minute the door bell rang.his friend joined him.he entered saying,i could hear his loud speech,did i disturb you??
    i told him about the argument regarding elections.he shot back and asked me,do you ladies discuss about polls,votes,isssues that often.for us,its the hot topic in office during lunch.
    i told him"why not,we do discuss.but may not discuss to the smallest detail or calculations.u keep discussing with your friend .in the meanwhile i will bring in some thing to munch ."
    i returned to my onion sambar,sambar started to boil and i returned with three cups of lemon juice to rejoin the argument.my dh and his friend had already started discussing ,it was a rather intense argument and i was listening to both of them.it was amusing.the arguments ranged from prime ministerial candidates ,to third front and fourth front.i got so involved in the discussion,after sometime i remembered,ayyo,my sambar:rotfl.i rushed to kitchen to find sambar turn into pulikatchal.i was sad that my sambar
    was reduced to the range of pulikaichal.bonkas i resumed to crack my brain on how to set this sambar right my husband asked me, hey,what would be your poll promises if you are made the candidate.i replied ,"mine..to make
    sambar as sambar and not puli kaichal and poriyal like poriyal and not to make vatthal out of it.":spin
    they were surprised at my answer and my husband repeated,madam,its poll promise that i asked ,not about the menu.
    little did he realise that his lunch is going to be the biggest scam that i have ever made.(s:rotflee how election has made me talk about scam,oozhal even in samayal).
    jibes and humour apart,please vote in this election come what may.that is
    our duty.please remember to switch off the stoves or else get ready for the samayal"scam".

prijan:hide:

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

timely message

Dear Prijan
    A beautiful write up:)
    A valid point and well in time. Its true..if our hearth is important , so is our duty to vote..as it will assure that for generations to come our hearths will be used for cooking and not to light the pyres of our martyrs.
    I love the way you fused the duty of a lady of the house with that of the citizen of this nation.:thumbsup
    And your manifesto is also quite practical... let the sambhar( our society and economy) be sambhar only and not turn into something else by getting over cookedbonk. Every thing needs an optimum cooking time.

3. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Prijan

Ha ha ha
    Nice humour with good message :)

Guess many men would be surprised to know that, women discuss Politics.
    Every lady of my home used to discuss it and my father is very keen about voting.

PS: Indeed a good promise Prijan ;)

4. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Lovely post and your sense of humor is rocking me.

When the election fever sets in , i suppose the subject of conversation is always election, candidates, manifesto. I loved the scenario and your manifesto is superb. If candidates can offer love dens,free love as manifesto why not -sambhar is sambhar, pulikachal is pulikachal - atleast you are maintaining the prisitine status as it is.
    Great ! I will sure vote for you.
    Jaya

5. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

Re: timely message

thankyou muzna,
    voting is our constitutional duty and we have to do it.we are setting examples to our children by doing so and they will also have faith in our system.
    prijan

6. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

hai bujji,
    thankyou.as you rightly said,as women we have every right to select our leader.i still feel that womens reservation bill is still not passed in parliament due to some selfish suckers.
    prijan

7. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

jaya ji
    thankyou.iam a strong believer in our system of politics ,it may have flaws but its not altogether crap.we have to ask those people who miss democracy.infact, i felt happy the day,when i taught my daughter about our system of government and how it functions.she understood the need of such system.we have to instill the faith in our system.
    prijan.

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear prijin,

a humorous narration. now this happens in every house. that day, i was heating milk. suddenly argument started
    about the candidates.completely forfetting the milk the discussion was going on. one liter milk became one table spoon milk!!! not only the milk is wasted but the whole place became a mess and cleaning became a himalayan taskRant. so an order in our house is can have discussion only after dinner. what happened to that vengaya pulikkaychchal?:)
    with love
    pad.

9. prijan

prijan Senior IL'ite

thanks pad,be it arguments or t.v progms ,if you leave something to be cooked,the result is the same,huge mess.vengaya pulikaichal!!! made further corrections with varutha podi to make puliotharai the next day.
    prijan

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prijan,

I think this is the first time I read something written by you and you surely made me laugh.

So, the scamming has entered your kitchen, did it? Now, be careful, you never know what other things may enter the home front by the time the election rounds are over!!

It was very well written and the light hearted but concerned dialogue is easily heart warming. You have communicated the home scene during the election time with your breezy writing style, this could be the scene in most homes presently in India. I wonder how many sambars turned into puli kaychal??!!

Congrats on making it to the Fp.

L, Kamla